Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

America’s Next Top Model

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: America’s Next Top Model
    Posted: September 29 2005 at 8:59am

Last night's episode featured perhaps the best makeover of all time. Young beauty pageant queen Cassaundra with the near waist length was informed that she would be getting a haircut similar to Mia Farrow's from Rosemary's Baby. Upon realizing how short it would be, she burst into tears explaining how she loved her long hair.

Tyra told her it would grow back and they commenced to severing her ponytail. She was then transformed into a platinum blonde with an adorable pixie cut. It was not as short as Mia's was back in 1969, however, and at the end of the show Tyra informed her that next week it would be cut even shorter!

The highlight of the episode was definitely the tear filled cutting scene, and Cassaundra saying maybe should would sleep with it so she could feel it when she woke up. This was definitely one of the best makeovers i've seen in ages. Next week should be even better as she's taken even shorter!

If anyone's interested, they will replay the episode next Tuesday night, and the new episode will be next Wednesday night. Again, a fabulous makeover! This episode proved that anyone who is afraid to go short should at least give it a shot, as she recieved numerouse compliments.

As always, my two cents!

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 11:41am

I have not always agreed with Tyra's makeover choices in past shows, but she was on the money last night with a lot of the girls' styles and colors.

Even though she got eliminated, I thought Ebony's lengthy fine-braided editions were exceptionally nice.  The red coloring on that rather boyish-looking model was a great improvement as well.

And even though I am a long-hair fan and detest that Farrow 'Rosemary's Baby' hairstyle, Cassaundra did look very nice in the shorter style.  I realize that such a change can be traumatic, but surely by now, these top model contestants realize that anything goes in the hair makeover segment of the show.

Katie C Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 4:05pm
I also noticed Jayla that had shorter dark hairstyle that they added extensions and made her hair waistlength and then said later that long hair wasn't for her and were going to cut her back short.  I don't know if it was the drastic cut on Cassandra that stood out but the brassy blonde color they made her
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 5:48pm
+++Last night's episode featured perhaps the best makeover of all time. Young beauty pageant queen Cassaundra with the near waist length was informed that she would be getting a haircut similar to Mia Farrow's from Rosemary's Baby. Upon realizing how short it would be, she burst into tears explaining how she loved her long hair.+++

You really disgust me, openly finding pleasure in people's pain like that..? I understand that you'd get a buzz watching it, I know I would, but that doesn't mean you celebrate it in that manner. It might be sexually appealing, but it's still mean and unfair.

Edited by Rosalie
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 8:13am

Arch... if I read it right Rosalie thinks its ok to get turned on by her chop, he admitts he would, even though she was crying... However, you shouldn't admitt that you liked it...ok I got that..lol

Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 11:48am
Not the crying part. I meant celebrating in that manner to mean the harshness and meanness of it. And don't call me a he, please :/
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Rosalie Rosalie wrote:

Originally posted by Arch94 Arch94 wrote:

Last night's episode featured perhaps the best makeover of all time. Young beauty pageant queen Cassaundra with the near waist length was informed that she would be getting a haircut similar to Mia Farrow's from Rosemary's Baby. Upon realizing how short it would be, she burst into tears explaining how she loved her long hair.

You really disgust me, openly finding pleasure in people's pain like that..? I understand that you'd get a buzz watching it, I know I would, but that doesn't mean you celebrate it in that manner. It might be sexually appealing, but it's still mean and unfair.

I actually thought that Arch's description of this event was very restrained (by his standards), and objective.  Anybody who knows me (and if you don't, my sig pic is a dead giveaway) knows that I am not a fan of this sorta stuff, but (while he may enjoy watching such haircuts, and/or short hair on women,) I don't see him expressing pleasure in the model's emotional pain.  So, I think your criticism of his comments here are unfounded and inappropriate.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 8:26am

Originally posted by Rosalie Rosalie wrote:

Not the crying part. I meant celebrating in that manner to mean the harshness and meanness of it. And don't call me a he, please :/

My bad Rosalie... I thought I read in one of my post that you were a man.

Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 11:24pm
I think I would be devasted.  But as a model you need to make those changes for jobs, etc.  It is part of the lifestyle I think...you want to be trendy and hip.  Therefore, you cant keep a constant hairstyle for very long since styles change...
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 9:51am

Cassandra left the show bcuz she refused to have her hair cut any shorter. In last wks show, Tyra wanted her to have Mia Farrow blah blah look. Of course we all witnessed her Cassandra's breakdown.. however, she refused to cut it any shorter for the latest photo shoot and decided to leave the show. I applaud her for standing up for her herself/hair, but thought she should have done it b4 the first big chop if her hair was that important to her. IMO, the short cut suited her and she carried it off well. Anway, She's decided to "go back to pageants and become the next Ms America"  bcuz according to her, "pageants prepare you to be a woman and modeling is just a career". 

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 9:52pm
If she didn't want to cut her hair, she shouldn't have gone on a show that
makes you cut your hair! Anyone who watched this show would know that.
if she was going to quit, do it before they cut almost all of it. Once she went
to short hair, why not go shorter?

I have no idea what her quote means. What is being "a woman" and isn't
having a career important? Don't women have careers?
anonzzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 4:04am

Michelle Deighton from ANTM:

Long Blonde Hair

Long Black Hair

Several months ago:

Short Red Hair

What is the best hairstyle and color for her?

Edited by anonzzz - August 05 2006 at 4:12am
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 2:38pm
I like the brown or redish...more natural.  But I think she could pull anything off since she's so pretty.
Crum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 2:23pm
While I think the short brown appears more natural, that picture is not that flattering and definitely not one to make an opinion on IMO.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 6:40pm
Makeover show tonight
HAWG
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 11:54pm
I don't usually watch that show, but I did see the makeovers this time.  I was a little disappointed that most of them didn't change that much, but I guess they were being conservative this time.  I guess it's no surprise I thought Megan had really great hair both before and after her makeover.  She seemed like one of the nicer girls on the show, too, so I was kinda sad to see her voted off.  I like AJ's hair before and after, as well.  Unfortunately, I probably won't know how far she goes, unless I happen to catch some more eps, for some reason.
More awesome than a manatee!
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2007 at 5:47pm
I just started watchin this show.

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 4:32pm
ANTM still on the air wow...ok
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:43pm
I don't even watch it any more
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:44pm
it's not that exciting to me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic