Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cassandra from ANTM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Crum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cassandra from ANTM
    Posted: September 30 2005 at 1:56pm
I'm shocked no one has mentioned the makeover show from this season America's Next Top Model that happend on Wednesday....not that I consider these women celebrities or anything.  But Cassandra had her long hair chopped very short and bleached to look like Mia Farrow's in Rosemary's Baby.  The most dramatic makeover on this show since they chopped all of Catie's hair off in Season 2.  A repeat of the show will be shown on Tuesday, October 4th at 8p.m.! 
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 3:41pm
There are before and after pictures and video on the programs website. Pretty dramatic change. She's pretty either way. Too bad it was so traumatic for her. I guess modeling is a tough industry though.
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 4:01pm

If I were her, I'd sue. 

From this...

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model5/models/model_portfolio.p hp?d=cassandra&id=1

To this...

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model5/models/model_portfolio.p hp?d=cassandra&id=6

She has a face that can pull off almost anything, but this is hardly a versatile look for a model. Still cute, but ...

Also, I know this should be(and probably is) beind discussed on the "appropriate board"-the Reality Shows Forum, but since the topic did come up here, thought I"d contribute my two cents! 

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 4:49pm

Oh man, that second photo hurts my eyes. Is that ^@%$! Tyra Banks still hosting? I can't stand her uppity attitude on that show and on her talk show, so I won't be watching the replay. How dare a woman who makes a living changing wigs as often as I change my underwear (insert your own joke here) tell up-and-coming models how to wear their hair. I can't stand that show. Thanks for the warning on the makeover. (I never look at the reality show board.)

By the way, here's an even better photo of Cassandra's "before" hair.

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model5/models/model_portfolio.p hp?d=cassandra&id=0

Edited by Kramer
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 5:00pm
Ugh, I always love when they make one blonde, but hate it when one gets the really bad haircut. Guess they were the same.

It's not terrible, it's just a few inches too short.
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 6:33pm
It was mentioned in the reality star forum.

Cassaundra looks good in the new hair cut (which will probably get even shorter if Tyra has her way), but then again, Cassaundra seems to be the type to carry any hairdo.

I too prefer the longer hair, but these model contestants on ANTM should expect stuff like this to happen.  And the ones that succeed on the show are the ones that make whatever is thrown their way work.

Nik got a very nice hairdo as did Coryn who now looks a wee bit like Angelina Jolie.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 8:27pm
I think Cassandra looks stunning either way. In the video, Kim enjoys
Cassandra getting her hair chopped. She shouldn't. Before, Kim was the
short-haired model. Now, Cassandra is too. And she pulls it off much better.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 9:24pm
A silly change in my opinion. She looks OK short and blonde, but in no way stands out: so what was the point? (get extra ratings for the show I guess).
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 9:38pm

Totally different look but one I think makes her stand out more!

Tyra did say something about having her go shorter.  She also said someone else will get their hair cut - the judges didn't like her hair long (they might of added extensions). Does anyone know who they were talking about?

DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 3:44am

I checked the site out.

All I have to say is Kim is the perfect example of a girl who can wear short hair and look incredibly hot.

Maybe the producers and makeoever people should realize some people are set out to look better with short hair and others are better off left alone.

Kim had short hair to begin with and it fits her very well.

Im sure some will disagree with me but she is a very attractive girl and her short hair accentuates the fact.

Edited by DarkHelmet
Katie C Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 5:51am
They were talking about Jayla that had a shorter hairstyle and they added waistlength extensions and then said if she and Cassandra survived eviction that both would get haircuts.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 12:46pm
Maybe Tyra Banks is really bald under all those wigs!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 1:29pm
One girl went from long to short. More than one got extensions going from
shorter to longer. Ineresting how some people complain about a long-haired
woman going short, but no complaints (or even compliments) about shorter
hair getting longer.

They don't change hair to be mean. They change it to give her a better look
for modeling. That may not mean she looks prettier. These girls know what
they're getting into. If you sign up for this and aren't prepared to change
your hair, you aren't paying attention.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 2:29pm
Beautiful face, but they turned her hair into a synthetic looking wig! YUCK! Cutting long sensuous hair such as hers is a pity. Bob
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 4:37pm

I disagree Bob...

Whoever the decision makers were behind Cassaundra's makeover should be given an award!

As always, my two cents.

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 4:45pm
You a big fan of concentration camps then, Arch? They used to cut all their hair off too. Why not give the Nazi an award, eh?
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

One girl went from long to short. More than one got extensions going from
shorter to longer. Ineresting how some people complain about a long-haired
woman going short, but no complaints (or even compliments) about shorter
hair getting longer.

They don't change hair to be mean. They change it to give her a better look
for modeling. That may not mean she looks prettier. These girls know what
they're getting into. If you sign up for this and aren't prepared to change
your hair, you aren't paying attention.

Um, because when you make short hair longer you can cut it afterwards. Hair that long will take 5 years to grow back.

Most of them expect to change their hair - going blonde, a different style, I don't think it's too naive to expect they'll turn it into a rubbish mop.

And yes - they DO cut hair to be mean. She does NOT have a better look for modelling, they only did it because of the whole "Hard Graft" thing.

Last time I checked, it was called "Top" Model, not just any model. Top models don't generally listen to the whims of others, as they're in demand and know it. Only on the ladder up do you have to change your hairstylep urely because someone else says so, and even then it's exagerrated, plus the whole point of the show is to *skip* that nasty stage.
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 6:37pm

I think the makeover is stunning bring on the heat... lol

Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 8:21am

I'm surprised someone from Europe would give the Nazi analogy...

Even more surprised that the moderators allowed the post to stay...

Wonder why?

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

I'm surprised someone from Europe would give the Nazi analogy...

Even more surprised that the moderators allowed the post to stay...

Wonder why?

Everybody is being given lots of leeway these days.  It could be worse (or have you forgotten?  )

Edited by DaveDecker
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic