Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An inverted bob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An inverted bob
    Posted: October 01 2005 at 4:51pm

This style is awesome! I have slightly wavy hair though. I can get it fairly straight (except the ends which I can usually curl in without a problem). I just can't get my hair super straight unless I want to use a straightening iron. But I don't want to. Anyway, I think this hairstyle is cute. LOL! I'm sure all of you all are like I can't wait for her to get her hair cut, I am so tired of all these posts asking the same things over and over again. LOL! Can't I make up my mind...no...I always change my mind and see something I like better.

Anyway...I think this inverted bob is sexy looking. LOL! Can I achieve it with wavy hair? Is there any products that will keep my hair straigher if not?

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 1:52am

I think if your hair is just slightly wavy you can achieve this look.

The waviness might give it a little extra volume then the above pictures but if you get the back  cut as short as that pic that will take away some of the bulk and will help it look less poofy.

Gel also works really well if it's slightly wavy.

My girlfriend  has long wavy hair and is always talking about wanting to cut it but had a bob chin length a few years back and she said it made her hair poofy and look too curly, even though when it is very long now and gelled it looks slightly wavy. It's her head but I like bobs and inverted bobs, she wants to go either very short or just below the shoulders, but to me if it isnt wavy all one length below the shoulders she could pull off the bob again if they didnt just cut it bluntly all around and made it inverted instead.

An inverted bob helps prevent the poofy hair on the sides of the head and back by letting the hair on the sides and top lay on the face by itself because the back is shorter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 1:54pm
I've done short hair before and kept it fairly straight except on humid days since my hair just goes poof. Only area I can never get straight no matter what length is the bottom two inches (except when it was super short). They just seem to like to curl. The rest is straight. I just won't be able to get that super straight hair. I usually use Aussie's High and Mighty Gel. I love that stuff. It doesn't make my hair greasy, but it keeps it managable and soft. And gets rid of teh frizzies!!! On humid days I have yet to see my frizzies.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 6:52am
You could do that cut, just so long as you don't go in expecting it to be stick-straight like that pic.  *shrugs*  But in my opinion, a bit of wave would do that woman some good, as I don't like the way it's going around her face, anyway. . .
More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 1:27pm
I have three styles I'm going to take. I haven't really gotten rid of any I've really thought about. I'm getting my hair cut on Thursday...yay!!! No more shaggy hair without a style.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 7:39pm

My mom says I can't get this style because a soon to be sister-in-law has a similar style that looks like the below pic but shorter:

It's too similar she says. Other than that but she keeps nagging at me to keep my hair longer. I hate my hair...it's always everywhere and takes too long to wash and dry.  Oh, well I guess I am going with my backup style:

But then she complains it's too short and it's not "me". Oh...well...at least my BF likes this style better. He hated the bob. He thought it was odd how it got shorter in the back.  I'm so lost...I've looked through style after style...I try to find something low maintenance and might work with my hair. **sigh** I really liked the bob too. It was short, but not to short. My BF doesn't really care...I was planning on doing the bob more like this...but maybe a inch less in the front:

But now I have to search for another style because it just isn't me according to my mom. Right now I don't know what I want. I thought the bob would look cute...but I guess I was wrong because so many people seem to be like yuck! I'M SO CONFUSED!!! This is me for those that still havent seen all my posts and my pic:

LOL! It's my mug shot.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 10:44pm

Wow!

You look good with any style. Just do whatever make you happy, don't worry about BF or mom. It is your hair

DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 5:23am

I agree, Its' not there head it's yours.

You are your own person and you cant make everyone happy.

Think about it really.

Your going to try and get a hair style that everyone likes?

It's impossible.

Everyone will always have an opinion, but it's ultimately you decision what you choose.

They dont like what you pick, they'll get over it trust me.

As far as your mom not wanting you to get a style because a future sister in law has the same thing, let's be realistic here. What if you both had long straight hair, what if two guys in the family have the same short style.

Styles are styles, I'm sure if you went into a mall you'd see alot of people with simular or same styles walking by. That doesnt mean they are copying anyone it just means that whatever style it may be someone likes the same thing.

As far as all your choices, the bob is very nice and not odd at all.

You should show your bf myspace and he'll see how many woman have those kinds of bobs as well as the other short styles you like

In fact all the styles you like and have showed here are very stylish and popular.

Why deny yourself a look you want because one person doesnt like one and the other doesnt like the other, and the other is no good because someone else has it.

So my advice is pick the one YOU want. Only you are the one who will have to look back in the mirror at the style each day not them.

Best of luck to you.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 6:51am

Don't take anyone with you to the appointment-- you've got enough to pick from just on what you like without others around telling you what to pick.  Pick something you like, and if you change your mind later, you can just try something different.  It's not too big a deal.

More awesome than a manatee!
solitude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 4:45am
Great style. But for this style you must care of diet for your hairs. So I am telling you a oil which is best for hair growth. Tara Mera Oil is very penetrate but its best for hair health. Every Sunday massage your hairs with this oil and after massage don't balneo because its spread all around your body and penetrate. Your hairs are curly simple use this oil and if you want more health  use one more oil. Which is Caster oil. Its also best for hair diet.

Edited by solitude - January 06 2009 at 6:02am
Maintain your weight training routines.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 7:39am
go for it, bobs are awesome!!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
baldshorthair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 9:04am
Check out some of the Before/After Photos of women going from long to short.  What do you think?

It took great courage when these women decided to cut their long hair to very short.

Edited by baldshorthair - February 21 2011 at 4:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic