Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which type of bangs for me?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which type of bangs for me?
    Posted: October 03 2005 at 9:45pm
I'm trying to figure out what the heck to do with my bangs (or fringe if you rather).  It's a conundrum, and my current obsession for some reason.  I'm just not sure if I like my bangs in their current side swept state.  Some days I really like them, some days they annoy me by falling in front of my eyes all the time, some days I am wishing for my old bangs (not that they were the epitome of hair fashion but they were... well, me.), some days I think that I should just wait and let these bangs grow until I can tuck them behind my ears and then see what I think, some days I think that I should cut them in a different style entirely (though I don't know what style) and some days I think perhaps I should just part them differently.  I'm a terribly confused mess, don't you see?  And now some photos and a poll. 

Let's see... should I start with the new photos or the old...  Decisions, decisions.  I'll go with new.  (Yes, I am making some weird faces... try to work with me here, people.)

1. This is how I am normally wearing my fringe now-a-days.  Parted and swept to the side.  Some days I like it, some days I don't.  I think it looks okay but not super.  It can be cute.  My mom says she doesn't like it.

2.  This is how it looks if I kind of sweep some of it to the side but curl the short pieces straight down...  kind of... weird.  My fringe would definitely need to be trimmed to wear it this way...  It looks too overpowering this long. 

3.  This is how my bangs would look if I swept them all to the side instead of parting them.  Kind of 50s-ish.  It's kind of cute but I would need to use hairspray to make it stay like that and not flop all down and in my eyes, at least until it grew out so that I could tuck it behind me ear.  I'm not sure that my hair is smooth enough to pull this off consistently.

4.  And this is what my bangs used to look like before I began growing them out and doing the sideswept thing.  Cut almost straight across, a bit longer on the sides, light fringe/thinned out, straight down, ends curled under.  (Looking at these pictures I really miss my bangs like this...  I looked cute!)

My hair (aside from the bangs) is cut like this still but longer.

It used to be cut like this as I started growing it out.  The bangs were the same.

5.  And this is what my bangs look like not so thinned out, thicker but still straight down, ends curled under.  (I am hoping to grow my hair out to this length again... it's what I am working on.)

Which fringe style of fringe do you think suits me best?

If you have other styles of fringe you think I ought to try what are they?
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 5:49am
I actually think the short hair looks cute on you. No comment about the bangs.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 5:50am

I like them as they are.  Looks like you can wear them a few different ways, which is good.  And on days you're not happy with them flopping in your eyes, you can hold them back with clippies, which is what I do sometimes ^_^ .

I also liked the pics with the bob, even though you say you're going the other direction.  *shrugs*  Just think it was cute and fluffy-wuffy that way.

More awesome than a manatee!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 9:00am
I like them in the the pic of you with your BF....though they are pretty nicein the pics of you in the red room as well.  Just my opinion...ditch the ring in your nose... not a good look for you but again... just my opinions.
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 12:25pm
Either #4 or 5 look good.  Your hair style right now seems a bit flat.  The pictures oin 4 or 5 have more life to them - more fluff and bounce to the hair. 
_holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 5:21pm
Thanks everyone. 

always_alone and kuroneko, I did like the short hair and I like it in those pictures but I just really miss having it long.

Hal, thanks for the opinion on the hair but I don't think the bit on the nostril piercing was necessary. 

Tyranna, my hair probably looked flat in the first pics because it was after work and after working out...  when it's styled it looks a little neater.  But I agree that 4 and 5 just seem to look better.
laurie_lu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie_lu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 8:40am
Definately the red room pics.
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 9:39pm
I like the bangs in picture number 3. And by the way you have beautiful eyes! They really pop when you had the darker hair. Are they your real color or contacts? Either way they are great!

Edited by ChelseaB
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 12:50pm
I like the chin length bob on you...but I like the side swept bang the best.  :)
h80six View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h80six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 9:07pm

[QUOTE=Hal]I like them in the the pic of you with your BF....though they are pretty nicein the pics of you in the red room as well.  QUOTE]

Agree^^

I like the color of your eyes too, they are really pretty. I'm a eye person and I always notice peoples eyes. Yours are very pretty.

Edited by h80six

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by _holly _holly wrote:

Hal, thanks for the opinion on the hair but I don't think the bit on the nostril piercing was necessary. 

Holly,

You are right, I inserted my personal opinion where is was not asked for or wanted.  My bad, I'm was 100% wrong

Hal

duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 1:11pm
I must say the jaw-chin-length bob became you. If you are growing your hair out, I suggest the bangs in 4.
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 6:07pm
I like the bangs in 5. That color was georgous on you, too. It really
makes your green eyes "pop." (Which is why I too have burgundy hair!)
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 8:34am

Originally posted by laurie_lu laurie_lu wrote:

Definately the red room pics.

same here.

Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 1:20pm
I like the picture of you seating down on a fouton, with the highlights in your hair.  I think that is the best look for you. 
"The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed." :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic