Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice needed please...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shabs_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shabs_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed please...
    Posted: October 04 2005 at 8:14am

Hi

In the past couple of years my skin has totally started going downhill. i am suffering from breakouts which at the beginning would come and go but the past few months are starting to scar badly

as a teenager i never suffered from skin problems, in fact i couldn't of asked for a clearer complexion.

the scarring and spots are mainly on my cheeks and are the big red horrible ones and quite uncomfortable aswell. i am asian so have a medium brown complexion, the spots are leaving horrible dark scars which are so visible on my skin  i am half way through a course of 6 micro dermabrasion facials but not really seen any results as yet.

can anyone reccomend products which they have used and have worked on clearing up similar type acne and scarring?

any advice would be so welcome, i'm getting very depressed

Edited by Shabs_
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 3:44pm
Where are you getting the microdermabrasion done? In my opinion a glycolic peel would be better because the MDA is more mechanical and could aggravate the acne. Ask your skin care practitioner about it. I just recnetly switched products and it made me break out in huge zits on my cheeks too. Have you gone through any recent hormonal changes? My advice (but don't do it too often cuz it thins the skin) is to put a little anti inflamatory (steroid) cream to teh zit to take the redness so that it goes down before it can scar. Apparently Mally Roncal (the makeup artist) puts cotton buds dipped in Visine in the fridge and applies that to zits to take the redness down too.
Also make sure you always use sunblock. Especially if youre getting MDA done. The skin is raw and will scar if exposed to the sun.

Hope I helped! If I can think of anything else, Ill let you know.
Shabs_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shabs_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 12:12pm

Thanks alot for the advice Aseya. I'm getting the micro dermabrasion facials done as my beautician reccomended these. she said it would help clear my complexion and also get rid of existing scars.

now that i come to think of it, the spots have doubled since the facials as i've had a course of 3 in the past 3 weeks as prescribed. However i can't be sure that they are fully responsible? Saying that I'm half way through the course and haven't really noticed much difference at all....think i'm talking my way out of the other 3!

not heard of the glycolic peel but i'll definatly look into this. to be honest i'm willing to try anything that will help!

X

aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 5:18pm
Maybe you should discuss it with your beautician first. Or just look online, do a search and see what comes up. One thing I learned at beauty college was that alot of times if you aren't used to having facials and stuff, you can break out. What happens is that all the dirt that has been lying under the surface comes up to the top and makes you break out. It usually takes about four weeks for you to notice a difference, so maybe try the other three weeks.
Also it depends on what you put on top. If youre using a heavy moisturiser then it will make you break out.

MDA is really good for scars though, glycolic acid is said to be a little bit stronger though. Depending on what percentage of forumula you use. It depends on the person though. Like my dermatologist told me that I can use scrubs, but not peels! :) Good luck! let me know how it turns out!
Shabs_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shabs_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 2:38pm

Yeah I'll definatly let you know how i get on... in the past i've had a range of facials but not had any major breakouts. i've decided to let the spots settle before having the remaning 3 MDA facials. maybe leave a couple of weeks in between each one this time.

will report back in a few weeks, hopefully with a clearer face! ('',)

Edited by Shabs_
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 4:15pm
YES! That might be it, how long are you leaving in between treatments? It should be ATLEAST ten days. I would wait 2-3 weeks in between.
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 4:18pm
Also, are you sure they are pimples? Cuz with my skin, if I am using a scrub alot, I break out in itchy, little pimples. But they aren't zits, it's my dermatitis acting up. Just another suggestion:)
Shabs_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shabs_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 3:08pm

well i left only 7 days between the last three treatments which was probably too soon. think i got carried away and wanted everything sorting at once. way too impatient!

as for the spots, believe me the are definatly spots. the big red painful type aswell

must admit, they have slightly settled down but look like there going to leave a little reminder of a scar behind. however i'm armed with some vitamin e oil to zap them

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic