Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strand Test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
laurie_lu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie_lu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strand Test
    Posted: October 10 2005 at 4:09pm
I've never done a strand test prior to applying a color to my hair.  If I do a strand test, is there a certain amount of time the main mixture has to be used after it is mixed up in the dispenser?  Does it go bad if not applied immediately?
-= laurie_lu =-
Anubis493 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anubis493 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 5:42pm
you mix a smal portion of the stuff to do a strand test....most boxes tell how or call the 800 number for advice...most boxes I have used are 2 to 1 . 2 parts developer to 1 part color. I usually mix 2 t developer to 1t color in small plastic dish , then I test on an understrand and cover it with foil ( to protect other hair) to process checking often. Hope that helps. I did do a test strand with my most recent dark disaster....funny thing is the color looked pretty good on the test strand but NOT on the whole head
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic