Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Emu oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babyj32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyj32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emu oil
    Posted: October 10 2005 at 10:22pm
Has anyone heard anything about Emu oil for skin? I read somewhere that it was really good for your skin. How do you use it and where do you get it?
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 11:49pm

there is a home glycolic peel for scarring that specifically entails emu oil...you have to use the glycolic only on the scars about 2 - 3 times a week...i've tried this for a while and it seems the emu oil enhances the product...

the problem with emu oil is that it gets cold quick...thus, if it's in the plastic bottle, you have to microwave it before use...

otherwise, it leaves the skin very moisturized and soft..

bumblebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumblebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 5:41am

Hi,

Several years ago I bought a large bottle of emu oil and used it daily. Never really saw any improvements in my moderately dry skin. Many believe it is only "hype" dealing with the wonders of emu and claim that jojoba oil is actually better and more closely resembles your skin's own natural moisturizers. I am going to pick up some jojoba soon but for several years I have been using organic coconut oil which I like better than the emu oil. I use the coconut for everything...makeup removal, body moisturizer and also eat the coconut oil which I believe is important. Drinking enough water daily is the best thing you can do for your skin.

femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 1:18am

i agree..i've switched to other herbal moisturizers and found that they work better....i've only used the emu oil on the scars after the peel was washed off..it has a soothing effect but that's about it...

i was afraid of using anything else on the peeled areas because the emu oil was part of the package.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic