Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From Naturally Curly to Wavy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AngelEyes0003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelEyes0003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From Naturally Curly to Wavy
    Posted: October 11 2005 at 9:59pm
I have naturally curly hair and I'm really getting tired of it. I want a more wavy look. Curls that are more loose would help. I just don't want tight curls anymore. Does anyone know how to get this look?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 5:08pm

Maybe grow it longer? The weight will stretch out the curls. I'm sure the regulars on the curly board could give you better advice on this than I could possibly.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by AngelEyes0003 AngelEyes0003 wrote:

I have naturally curly hair and I'm really getting tired of it. I want a more wavy look. Curls that are more loose would help. I just don't want tight curls anymore. Does anyone know how to get this look?

First off it really depends on what type of hair you have and how curly your hair is, do you have fine caucasian hair that are tightly curled? coarse ethnic hair etc. but you can get loose curls you have to be willing to do a little damadge to your hair. A relaxer is a really good solution if you want a looser look with the curls but the type of relaxer really depends on the type of hair you have. Dark and lovely is a good relaxer for coarse ethnic hair that is curly, but you might want to use a milder relaxer if you have really fine hair.

- hope that helped

AngelEyes0003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelEyes0003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:27am
So would I have to leave in the relaxer for half the amount of time or something?
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 7:02pm

I had tight ringlet curls as well. It took me hours to straighten my hair. But then I got this really good flat iron and I used it daily along with heat protecting products of course. But flat ironing my hair actually changed the chemistry of my hair, and now my tight ringlet curls have become very nice longer loose waves. Some are still a bit curlier but not like it use to be and it looks really good that way. I got a lot of advice against relaxes. In fact a lot of people who I talked to about relaxing are now trying to get away from relaxes and some regret it. I wouldn’t go the harsh chemical route.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic