Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

back to blonde.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
demoliton1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demoliton1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: back to blonde.
    Posted: October 13 2005 at 10:16pm

I've been really blonde my whole life, with natural orange highlights. Eventually (when I was around 11 and 12) it went more strawberry blonde, some would even say orange. But basically we'll say I'm blonde. Was blonde. Since March I've been dying my hair black. And after so long with it, I'm sick. So freaking sick and tired of it. I want my blonde hair back.

So. My question is this; how do I go back to my original hair colour without waiting 3 years (or longer, whoooo knows) for it to grow all out? The only thing I could think of, would be to bleach it and dye the closest back to my original colour that I can find. This is probably wrong, though. (Don't worry. I'm not doing it myself).

Thaaanks in advance.

Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 2:26am

First let me ask you this, do you have a regular stylist/colorist you can consult? If not, then I still suggest going to a good salon to atleast get a consultation and their opinion of what could be the most practical and least harmful method of removing the black color from your hair.

Also, it is important to mention what brand of black color you have used, as some are harder to remove or bleach out than others.

And keep in mind that whatever method of removing color you decide to go with, it will not be just a one step process; well that's the case probably 99% of the time. Because sometimes stripping color from the hair can result in strange brassy tones appearing from where the color used to be. So, if you got it done professionally, they would follow through with step two which is to tone the rest of the hair, usually with toner or semi-permanent color to match your natural hair color.

Hope this helps put things in perspective.

Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 2:28am
Oops sorry demolition1 I sorta missed the last bit. Since you are getting it done professionally you're already taking the right step. Just ask the stylist what he/she thinks would be best.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic