Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Help Needed...BADLY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XTCinOvaltine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTCinOvaltine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Help Needed...BADLY
    Posted: October 15 2005 at 4:54pm
MY Mom has really curly frizzy hair, like a white afro. MY Dad has thinning straight hair. I have a mixture of both. My Hair is stragiht, but I can' grow it long, or it just thickens and builds up, and doesn't go anywhere, so I have a watermelon thing on my head. For the past 3 years I've gelled it down, then got it cut short, but I really want to grow my hair out. I am not an expert, butI need to like, weigh my hair down or relax it (tried a chemical straightening product with no result) How can I grow my hair out reasonably quickly and also get it to finally go down, not out? If you have any tips, they will gladly be appreciated. I use conditioner everynight, and have tried htings like garnie fructis sleek and shine shampoo and conditioner, and their hair oil think that's supposed to help, but it hasn;t worked. what else is there?
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 4:52pm

you tried a relaxer and it does not work. was it a DIY kit?

another reason that a relaxer did not work is that you hair was not long enough. you need at least 3 inches of hair or more in order a relaxer to really work. if you want straight hair, you have to grow your hair out like a really big afro, then get it relaxed or rebonded. it will feel like hell for the first half of the year when you are trying to grow you hair long but in the end it will produce a better result when you are relaxing it.

since you hair is "afroing" i think it is dry. skip the gel, instead use wax or cream to style hair. wash your hair only 3 times a week to prevent it from drying out. use shampoo and conditioner packed with moisturizer.

ARGHH
XTCinOvaltine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTCinOvaltine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 9:01pm
It's not really afroing, its like, biulgine out. Its not a real pileup, but more of just a bulge. I've been growing it out for like a 2 months now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic