Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A strand of hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A strand of hair
    Posted: October 18 2005 at 9:34pm

For the last 20 years or so every time I went to the lake I always feed the grey jays better known as Whiskey Jacks.  The interesting part is that I have not been to the lake very often in the last years and yet they know who I am.  Last weekend as we were cutting wood, one landed on a branch, the other one landed on the ground and the third landed on the boat.  Of course the message was lound and clear and the bird talk was about" hello and got any bread etc". As I walked toward the cottage they flew following me and when I presented the bread they landed in my hand.  Of course one of them is pretty courageous and always swoop above my head to make a quick landing on the deck. Makes me wonder if I would have cut my hair would my birds recognized me?  It also makes me wonder if long hair tend to bring out more memories and bondig than short hair?  A few strands of long hair is enough for a tiny baby to grab on and look into your eyes as my own children as my nephews did. Is certainly brings on bonding as the children grow up and want to brush your hair and style it in braids etc.  How many people had brushes dangled up in their hair because of that bonding?  I haven't met one person that doesn't like to have their carress as relative talk around the table when they were small.

I had short hair once also and it doesn't seem to bring in as much memories as the long hair period has.

dianefromcanada

dianefromcanada
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 5:05am

Can't agree-- all my long hair memories are negative.  I felt unattractive and powerless throughout my childhood when I was forced into long hair.  My adult long hair memories are of laziness, when I was too lazy (and probably too depressed, also, as it was a rough time in my life) to go for cuts, and was horrified one day to suddenly notice it had crept almost halfway down my back :-( .  I have much better, more attractive, and more empowering feelings and memories related to short hair.

Do excuse any Yoda-speak in this post, as it's a quarter past six a.m. and I haven't been to bed yet :-P .

More awesome than a manatee!
x-littleme-x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x-littleme-x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 11:20am
I disagree as well. I am not as old as most of the people on this forum but when I look at long hair I dont think "WOW! That looks lovely!" becuase it is so common! I have mid way hair. It isn't too short. Not too long. I cant tie it up because I have layers but I love my hair. In a way hair makes no difference to memories!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 12:08pm
      Hey Diane, **welcome back**! I've been wondering! Glad you still have those long locks! Yes, *all* the *pleasant* hair memories I have entail long hair. Those memories of my girls destroying their hair via bubble gum or stray scissors may be amusing now, but they were *not* fun to experience! Blessings, Bob 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic