Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jewels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help please
    Posted: October 19 2005 at 6:16am

I had my roots retouched on Monday, I am happy~ish with the rest of my hair, my my hairline and roots are now a brassy yellow colour is there anything I can do to tone it down (IE buy an ash blonde dye perhaps?).  Or is it safe to go buy a red dye and then a brown one and return my hair to my natural medium brown hair?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 6:39am

Originally posted by Jewels Jewels wrote:

I had my roots retouched on Monday, I am happy~ish with the rest of my hair, my my hairline and roots are now a brassy yellow colour is there anything I can do to tone it down (IE buy an ash blonde dye perhaps?).  Or is it safe to go buy a red dye and then a brown one and return my hair to my natural medium brown hair?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

So do you want to go back to your brown haircolor or keep your blonde and fix the roots? If your going more than 2 levels darker you need to fill the hair with a filler (they come in 3 colors.....gold, orange, and red). If your going back to brown you'd need to fill in with a red. If you wanna fix the roots then you need to mix your blonde color you just put in your hair with a Pearl based color (blue-violet based) to counteract that gold brassiness in your hair. Do a soap cap for 3 minutes....it's your normal color mixed with 10 volume developer and a hint of Pearl Based Color...for example Goldwell it's 8P. It would give control and prevent a Goldwell Color like 8GB from pulling too much gold in the hair. Mix it with equal parts shampoo for color treated hair and wash your hair with it...leave it in for 3 minutes....rinse it out and you should be fine.

BTW was the color done in a salon? If so they should fix it at NO cost to you. Call them and explain to them what happened.

G'luck

Edited by Claude
Jewels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 6:44am
Hi Claude

Thanks for the reply, I had my hair coloured at the hairdressers, and yes I would like to just sort the roots if possible as I do like the other blonde colour over the majority of my hair.

I am sorry I dont understand what you mean by pearl based colour and based in the UK, so can you recommend a product that I can buy over here?

Thank you
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 6:50am

Hi Claude

Thanks for the reply, I had my hair coloured at the hairdressers, and yes I would like to just sort the roots if possible as I do like the other blonde colour over the majority of my hair.

I am sorry I dont understand what you mean by pearl based colour and based in the UK, so can you recommend a product that I can buy over here?

Thank you

Pearl based colors are Blue Violet based colors where the base color of Gold Colors are Yellow-Orange. To counteract the brassiness of your hair you need to add in a pinch of Blue-Violet based color as this is the comlementary color on the opposite side of the Color Wheel to cancel that brassiness out of your hair. The Pearl series of color is used to control unwanted brassiness in the hair when lifting to blonde in the higher levels 8-10 if your using Goldwell Color. It gives you the added control to prevent the brassiness. A salon should know exactly how to fix this. They would tone your hair and use the Pearl series to get rid of that brassiness. Definately go back to the salon...I'm sure you paid very good $$$ to get that done in the first place. They should make it right.

G'luck

Jewels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 7:07am

Really dont fancy going back to the salon (LONG story!)  Looks like I am going to have to wait till payday until I can get it sorted.

Would Head and shoulders help to tone down the brassiness?

swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 7:32am

toning won't make the hair lighter, it may make it look less yellow though. If you have platinum or white hair, you'll need to bleach the roots a tiny bit more untill they are pale yellow and then apply the right toner to match the rest of your hair.

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 5:06pm

Really dont fancy going back to the salon (LONG story!)  Looks like I am going to have to wait till payday until I can get it sorted.

Would Head and shoulders help to tone down the brassiness?

I've heard of people using Prell Shampoo to remove color I'm not sure if it would tone down the brassiness or make it worse but I guess you could try it on a few strands at the root, then dry it and see if it worked...then do it thru your whole head. Maybe some people who've used Prell could lend some insight to your problem.

G'luck

G'luck

Jewels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2005 at 12:29pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply Claude, I have been using the head and shoulders, but not really sure if its working.  Think I am going to have to pop to the shops and get an ash blonde and hope that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic