Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color help and advice needed for newbie!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lesley998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesley998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color help and advice needed for newbie!!
    Posted: October 20 2005 at 4:04am

Hi

I hope someone can advise me on which color to use on my hair.  There seems to be a lot of great experience here.

I have been coloring my hair (dark blonde/grey, 7) at home using a shop bought Recital Helsinki Light Ash Blonde (10) for years.  I manage to section off my hair and do the roots without getting color build up on the ends, and without being 'bigheaded', I think I do quite a good even job. The only thing is, the roots come up quite brassy, although the ends are quite a nice natural creamy blonde color. 

I want to go to Sally and buy proper salon tint, but I don't know what to get.  I know I need the liquid white developer, and the smaller bottle of liquid color.  Can someone please advise me which product to go for and maybe even a color suggestion?  I would like to keep to a 10, in a pale beige creamy blonde, no too ash, and no gold,brassy hint.  

I have seen cardboard boxes with 'tubes' of color...but I am used to using the liquid color that comes with the shop bought dye. also need advice on how much to buy, and how much of each to use as I am not sure of the ratio of developer to color.  Basically, I need step by step instructions before I put it on my hair!!

Many many thanks in advance

Lesley 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic