Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Making eye make-up stay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making eye make-up stay
    Posted: October 23 2005 at 5:49am
I don't really wear make-up unless I have to for photos or an occasion.  But when I do, I notice my eye make-up will just not stay in one place for more than an hour or two, at best -_- .  The shadow on my eyes clumps into the crease, and any liner (or shadow being used like liner) I put under my eyes turns into racoon rings :-( .  I know my skin is oily in general.  Is my eye-skin oily, too, and it's just sliding off?  How do I get it to stay?  No fun to look like a raccoon :-( !
More awesome than a manatee!
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 4:54pm

I know you can get an eyelid primer that you put on before you put on your eye makeup.  Personally, i always put foundation on my eyelids, and then I use a cream shadow..since I find they dont crease so bad.  More expensive shadow (lancome/ mac/ etc) tends not to crease as much as inexpensive shadow (cover girl).  So if you always wear one color (like the brown family, whcih I do) it pays to invest in a good shadow...even though they cost a litt more. 

That is just my expeirence...I am sure some of these makeup artists will have better advice!

Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 12:52pm
Put foundation on your eyelids/brow area then apply the eye makeup.
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 1:12pm
I like to make my eyes up really smokey if I'm going to a club or something, but its awful cuz at the end of the night you look like crap! The make up is all melted and its like all you have left is a little eyeliner in the corner:) I used to use my liquid foundation or concealer underneath the shadow. But that didn't help stop it from creasing or smudging. From what I learned, if you use a foundation or anything like that it can melt under the shadow, making the shadow melt with it.

I tried using a powder foundation under my shadows and that helped my shadow last until I got home!! I used one by sheseido (Sp?) but Mac make good ones too. Also, you could try just dusting the area with a loose translucent powder first. The powders soak up any oil on the area and help your makeup last longer. I also tap a big eyeshadow brush dipped in powder over my concealer under my eyes to stop that from creasing too.

I haven't tried any of the primers, but I have heard they work well too!

I hope I helped!
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 7:15pm
You can also put on concealer before the eye shadows.
lips2nv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lips2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 2:54pm
I wear a product called senegence. It doesn't smear or smudge. The lipstick even lasts all day. You can't buy it in stores.
Ask me about long lasting lip color!
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 5:02pm

hey,

i am the same type..sometimes I have those days when I feel like it and i wear it, but most of the time i do not.

I think it is just simply most asuring to chesk it out every to hours ... at least i am most sure in that method (I have makeup removers in my bag all the time... you never know when the makeup will end  

Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 2:58pm
 Well, maybe the eye creams you're using are what makes it smear. Especially if your using a creamy concealer. I always go for the matte anything. If I want shimmer I add it later
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 3:32pm
Do you use creamy shadows? If so try the powders. Creams have a tendency of doing this.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 10:24pm

I used to have the same problem. 

I work 8-12 hours a day and I go sick of constantly touching up.  I work in the beauty industry so it is important to look good all day.

I discovered MAC cosmetics.  They literally stay in place all day.  Even when I am too tired to take it off before bed, I get up the next morning and it is still in place. (I wash it off of course)  It is really amazing stuff!!  The eyeshadow seems expensive but one pot of their shadow is about 12.00 but it will last me almost 2 years.

Give it a try,  I was really impressed!!!

I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 1:46am

Is it okay to keep eyeshadow for two years, then?  I thought you were supposed to throw eye make-up away fairly soon so as not to risk eye infections.

Shelf life is one of the reasons I don't buy expensive make-up, 'cause I don't use it that often, and if I spent a lot of money on something, it would really stink to have to throw it away mostly full!

Edited by Kuroneko
More awesome than a manatee!
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 8:41am

I think you can even keep shadow longer than two years. Possibly 2 1/2 years. Now mascara defineately toss in 3 mos.

lips2nv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lips2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 10:19am

All of my senegence products have a two year shelf life. They are all liquid and last all day without smudging and smearing. If you want to view the products pm me.

Ask me about long lasting lip color!
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 11:22am
Lips. Does mascara also. I 've heard to toss in in three months so you don't develop an eye infection.
Jamgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 5:14pm
Kuroneko....if you have oily skin, your eye-lids are most likely oily too. so i'd suggest good powder shadows instead of creme
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 5:46pm

LiliBeach your a hairstlist! Can you help me with a simple way to layer my hair? I have tried and tried to find out. They do not know how to cut hair around here. Way toooo many screw ups. So many of us are giving up. Want to cut our own. I just want to get my top layered. Would appreciate ever so much, any advice. Or please just e - mail me.

Has anyone seen the new red eye shadow that's out? Saw a lady with it on one night, when we went to dinner?

Now they do have a Color stay out for lipstick. Havent' heard of one to put under shadows though. Will keep checking. I hear a lot around here.

Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 10:09am
I use the Revlon 12-hr things. They really last 15hrs. on me, as long as I put on a bit of foundation before hand.

I've learned that if you're going to have a hectic day, it's best to wear sheer colors, that way nobody'll notice it fell off.Tongue
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 10:10am
Oh, and if you insist on wearing cream shadow, layer powder shadow beforehand.Smile
xxsatiation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxsatiation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 9:07pm
cream shadow = no.

always use a dry shadow.
LOL
michie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 5:24pm
You all HAVE to try Urban Decay Primer Potion. Your eyeshadow will only come off with soap and water after applying this stuff. I have oily skin and I'm a manicurist. I can do pedicures all day, be dripping in sweat and my eyeshadow still looks like I just put it on. Plus, it makes the colors pop.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic