Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Layla’s Hair Diary!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 8:11pm
So I guess I spoke too soon on the wasting water thing. I didn't even get around to using a lot of water and we ran out. I'm about to CWC, microfiber towel, apply EQP Mango Butter, and get my mom to cornrow my hair for me.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 9:25am
I've been gone for a month and not posted anything about my hair. I'm back though. Here's a quick recap of my hair. I kept those cornrows in for a week. I twisted my hair and kept them in for almost a week (I think). I wore my hair out for some of my trip and since it was cold with low humidity my curls were so cute without having to use any gel. Now that I'm back I have the top half of my head in cornrows and the back loose. Of course the the spot where the top meets the back is my funky hair that sticks straight up so I'm constantly wetting and conditioning and trying to smooth it down. I just combed it out in the shower and for some reason I don't see any curls. Is it the humidity? It just looks like an afro with straight pieces sticking out everywhere.

I think my hair grew 1/2" while I was gone. It's now 5" long.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 10:18am
It's so hot here. I hope our new house has air conditioning. 
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 10:04am
I dusted the ends of my hair while I was braiding it. I plan to trim my hair next in October. Hopefully by then it will have grown 2 inches. It is currently about 5-1/2" so that'll make it 7-1/2".
I don't really have a hair routine lately. I just shampoo and condition it and keep it in a style for a week and do it over again.
I am going to try and avoid cones and see if that will help with scalp itchies/flakes.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 1:25pm
I'm sitting here with olive oil dripping down my face. I'm doing the oil conditioning treatment from the african american hair section. It seems really great. I've used olive oil before so I don't know if it's this Suave Lilac and Lavendar conditioner that smells great but my hair feels really soft and moist and super easy to detangle dry when a minute ago it was hard and dry from being in an old twist out. Since I'm going out in a half an hour I'm just going to rinse this out and call it george. 
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 2:08pm
My hair has been so frizzy and dry looking at the ends lately. I don't know why. Maybe because it's time for my monthly clarifying. Usually after I do that it looks great and perfect. I have V05 strawberries and cream on my hair as a prepoo and then I'll clarify and condition and moisture as normal.
I guess I'm at that horrible in between stage of hair growth. I loved my hair when it was shorter but now it's just blah! But it is growing because I can hold it all together into one ponytail with my hands but the thicker hairs stop it from staying in a ponytail holder. Maybe when it'll get longer I'll love it again.

I'm going to do coils. Well start them anyway because I'm going out in an hour.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 11:01am
It seems as if my hair hasn't grown this month at all. I think it's still at 5-1/2". If I can get my hair to look good once I will take a picture so I can do a growth comparison to see if it's growing at all.  I don't know what's wrong with my hair that's causing it not to grow and act all sucky. When my hair was relaxed, it would grow 1" a month now it's not growing at all. The monthly clarifying didn't help at all it looks exactly the same. The only way i can get any curl definition is to coil it while it's wet and split them up when it's dry. I'm finally almost finished with the ARTec shampoo so maybe the Regis Cherry Almond shampoo will work better.
The shea butter that we buy used to be really soft and great but now it's hard so I tried whipping it to see if it helps any. I'll be using a little of that today and start braiding my hair but I'm going out so it'll only be a few braids.
Today's experiment: honey rinse.

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 10:33am
My hair feels back to normal after using my new shampoo and deep conditioner (old Jessicurl). I hadn't even noticed that it's been forever since I've done one. Then I attempted to shingle with shea butter and mousse. It didn't work to well. It just looks like I have a chunky fro.
My hair is 6" long. yay it's growing.

Edited by Layla - August 10 2006 at 10:41am
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 10:04am
On Saturday I attempted to color my hair with Loreal Colour Pulse Chilled Plum. Needless to say it didn't work. It did work at staining my scarf though. I fingercombed only and my hair came out great. I had all these little perfect coils all over my head. I guess the comb usually pulls them all out.

Currently I'm sitting with olive oil and honey all over my hair. I'm trying to prevent split ends. I plan to CO this out in 20 minutes. It's been 6 months since I did the BC so I want to do a little trim. So the next time I twist or braid my hair I'll do it. I planned style my hair into twists with aloe but I have to go out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic