Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what gave you the most growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: what contributed in your increase hair length?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [13.64%]
1 [4.55%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [9.09%]
1 [4.55%]
1 [4.55%]
14 [63.64%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Yolligirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yolligirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what gave you the most growth
    Posted: November 01 2005 at 12:38pm

I have seen the most growth by taking care of my hair myself. No heat, less manipulation, vitamins, deep conditioning, better moisturizers and water.

Life is a journey, Enjoy the ride.

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 10:28pm
Cebnn I see alot of improvement from the first pic to the 2nd pic.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 7:39pm
I think keeping my ends protected and moisturized helps me retain length but I think drinking alot of water, exercising, and eating right are the 3 things that REALLY help. But, using good products and keeping my hair moisturized is what helps me keep what's already up there!!!
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
QueenLinda83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenLinda83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 6:12pm
Little to no heat, stretching relaxers, and mositure, moisture, moisture (with a little protein now and then) have been my best hair growers.  Oh and a good multi vitamin.  I don't really use protective styles (I bun at night), and I've never used braids or weaves. 
collcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 10:29am

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. YES YOUR HAIR DID GROW NICELY WITH THE WEAVES AND BRAIDS. I HOPE TO USE THE SEW IN TO GROWN MY HAIR FROM SHOULDER LENGTH THAT IT IS NOW TO ARMPIT OR BRASTRAP LENGTH BY NEXT YEAR DECEMBER.

IloveRob   

cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 9:40am

For me it was frequent washing, shea butter, and air drying. and trims.. I used to never get trims, unless i wanted my hair cut into a style.. After this site and lhcf I went from this 

to this

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2005 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by collcoll collcoll wrote:

ThAbAdDeStBaBy from your post you say you have gotten good growth from wearing sew in weave.  like how much growth have you received, i have now changed from doing braids to wearing sew in weave to grow my hair to my desired length. i have gotten some good growth with braids but i hate how they look after awhile. i had in a weave before when i was younger and i got better growth with it. so that is why i decided to get a sew in weave from now on.

can you let me know how you took care of your hair while in weave, and did you put it in right back after taking it out.

thanks girl.

WOW all I can say is a lot, maybe an inch plus a month or so,  check out my fotki's (the second one under  http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy2/my_hair_growth/  and my current one under  http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3/my_hair_growth_conti nued/  )   from when I cut my hair short back in 03 to current, because all I did was wear weaves and box braids about 2 times but I couldn't wear them for no longer than a week because it irratated my scalp...

While I'm wearing my weave I always focus on my scalp and make sure its in good shape such as no dandruff etc. I use Sulfur 8, Parnevu T-Tree, and others on my scalp and braids under my weave and massage sometimes..also when I am styling my weave I try not to pull on it because if so your actually pulling on your braids under it. Before doing my weave I shampoo and do a deep conditioner treatment and while wearing weave I make sure my hair and scalp is clean as well. With the hair I decide to leave it I always make sure not to use a lot of heat..I can usually go 2 weeks before needing to flat flatiron it (I dont get relaxers like talking about it LOL) so I wash and do all that good stuff then straighten it.

Huhmmm yeah I do go back to back because I like to change styles a lot and sometimes like now I just like to give my hair a little rest and wear it so I can see the growth (just something I like to do) LOL . HTH

ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

collcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2005 at 3:18pm

ThAbAdDeStBaBy from your post you say you have gotten good growth from wearing sew in weave.  like how much growth have you received, i have now changed from doing braids to wearing sew in weave to grow my hair to my desired length. i have gotten some good growth with braids but i hate how they look after awhile. i had in a weave before when i was younger and i got better growth with it. so that is why i decided to get a sew in weave from now on.

can you let me know how you took care of your hair while in weave, and did you put it in right back after taking it out.

thanks girl.

Edited by collcoll
IloveRob   

ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 11:32pm
Wearing weaves (sew-ins), keeping my hair clean as well as conditioned/moisturized, and keeping an eye on my scalp, has promoted great growth for me.
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

CityGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CityGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 10:21pm
Surge changed my hair. My hair has grown. I have extra hair around my edges I havent had since I was a baby. My hair is growing much faster- maybe not growing faster, but not breaking so that I see the growth. My edges would get rough soon after a relaxer but not anymore. My hair is really soft and healthy.
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 1:08pm
It's very true...part of my hair goal is a healthier scalp so thats why I am incorporating scalp massages!

Originally posted by DarkBrunette DarkBrunette wrote:

someone told me that massaging the scalps for a few minutes each day increases hair growth. I don't know if that's true though.
Hair album
pw:Romeo
collcoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collcoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2005 at 5:19pm
THANK YOU LADIES FOR VOTING AND TAKING AN INTEREST IN THIS POLL

Edited by collcoll
IloveRob   

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 11:02pm
More moisture- my glycerine, aloe juice, water and coconut oil spritz. Using castor oil as a pre-shampoo treatment. Using my rosemary oil, sweet almond oil and wheatgerm oil misture at nite. Adding liquid aloe vera to my conditioners that i use for my co washes.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 8:11pm
Using less heat, Protective Styles &  Moisture.
*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
WomanlyCharm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WomanlyCharm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 6:34pm
It's like hot rollers for your hair, but it uses steam to set the curl. 
At first I thought it would make my hair frizzy, but the curls are smooth and last for a few days, and they set in just a couple of minutes...that's great for me cause I'm always late getting somewhere!
I put EO into the steamer with the water to make it even more moisturizing. 
The Lord is my light and my salvation...whom shall I fear?
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 6:06pm

Originally posted by WomanlyCharm WomanlyCharm wrote:

Honestly, I think my caruso hairsetter contributed more to my growth than anything else.
I had cut my hair short years ago, and immediately regretted my decision...within a year using the caruso I had grown at least three inches back!  It really keeps your hair moisturized, and that's what my hair needed the most. 

What's a caruso hairsetter?

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 5:37pm
Decreased heat, protective wrapping/styles, and biotin. 
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 5:22pm
biotin, washing frequently, limited manipulation and intense moisture
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 4:25pm
I believe that keeping my hair moisturized and limiting the heat on my hair helped me to retain alot of my growth...along with protective styles in the winter, when I needed moisture the most. Sooooooooo...I picked "other"
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

WomanlyCharm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WomanlyCharm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 1:55pm
Honestly, I think my caruso hairsetter contributed more to my growth than anything else.
I had cut my hair short years ago, and immediately regretted my decision...within a year using the caruso I had grown at least three inches back!  It really keeps your hair moisturized, and that's what my hair needed the most. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic