Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

African-American TANNING-lol, not what...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Deeva927 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deeva927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: African-American TANNING-lol, not what...
    Posted: November 26 2005 at 4:57pm
I started tanning my legs at the age of 16. My legs are very light compared to the rest of my body. However, lately, if I've been tanning my entire body but face. I love the way it makes my skin looks.
A soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.
~Johann von Goeth ~
DarkBrunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 11:42am
Thanks
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 3:09pm
Janet Jackson uses Mystic tanning. But I use Sally Hansen's Air brush and it gives the the greatest glow. Check my review of other tanning stuff: http://journals.fotki.com/blackhoney112/Beauty/
Hair album
pw:Romeo
countesshoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countesshoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2005 at 8:50pm
I am medium brown and go to the tanning bed, the one with rays, every three of four days. It is great for my skin and I glow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 9:38pm
I'm gonna google 'A-A bronzing'.
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 8:34am

i always thought my mom was crazy, she is a pretty dark woman, and uses sunless tanner, she is crazy about her skin looking good and always told me it makes your skin tone more even, and I tried it and it did. I haven't really gone out lookin to buy any or anything, but it gave my skin have a nice even glow..

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 8:49pm

Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

I thought it was called artificial tanning...I know Janet Jackson does it and so do a few other AA celebrities. They go into a box and it sprays the tan onto them.  Do you plan on getting one?

Maybe when I'm a little older. hehe

aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 10:26am
Originally posted by QueenLinda83 QueenLinda83 wrote:

I'm dark as all get-out, and when I want a "glow" I use some golden shimmer lotion (it's Jergens).  It's super glittery so I have to mix it with another lotion, but it gives me a nice subtle glow w/o looking weird or cartoonish.

I use that too! I love it, but I usually have to apply 2 coats to get the shimmer that I want hehe. I even use it on my girlfriends who are really white and they love it too. It's like the one product we can all share hehe.
QueenLinda83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenLinda83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 11:34pm
I'm dark as all get-out, and when I want a "glow" I use some golden shimmer lotion (it's Jergens).  It's super glittery so I have to mix it with another lotion, but it gives me a nice subtle glow w/o looking weird or cartoonish.

Edited by QueenLinda83
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 4:35pm
I love bronzers, tanning etc...The other day I was wearing shorts and my mom was like 'Oh my gosh! your legs are soo white!!' My mom's Japanese, BTW!!! When I don't get sun for a while my skin gets pale and  kind of yellow. I couldn't afford the Body Bling stuff, so I made my own. I mixed a teensy bit of foundation with gel bronzer, shimmer powder and body lotion. Turned out great!
I'm thinking of getting a spray on tan, apparently St. Tropez is strong enough that it even covers up stretch marks! So I think I may have to treat myself :)
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2005 at 8:35am
Some use airbursh make-up also.
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 9:23pm
Don't they call that stuff "bronzing" or something?  I know I've read of a few celebs that use bronzer to make their skin more golden
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 6:01pm

Yea a lot of girls use it for pageants and prom to eliminate those pale areas that are covered by swimsuits...I figure that's why they have them everywhere in Texas as WomanlyCharm stated...Texas is the pageantry state!

Edited by jasmine2g3

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
WomanlyCharm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WomanlyCharm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 5:41pm
Do you mean like a spray-on tan?  They have Mystic tan parlors that do it on almost every corner in my Texas town (like we don't get enough  sun!)   Just watch out, those fake tans SMELL.
Instead of tanning (real or otherwise) try a product called Body Bling.  It's the same stuff alot of Hollywood stars use when they want that "shine".  I've used it, it's actually quite nice.

Edited by WomanlyCharm
The Lord is my light and my salvation...whom shall I fear?
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 4:22pm
I thought it was called artificial tanning...I know Janet Jackson does it and so do a few other AA celebrities. They go into a box and it sprays the tan onto them.  Do you plan on getting one?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 1:32pm
you think!  Isn't there a thing for A-A where they don't get a tan to get darker, but go to a tanning place to have their skin goldened. I know what your thinking lol, it's hard to explain. It makes our skin glisten, bright and vibrant, with sparkles. I doesn't change the skin tone, it just makes it stand out...Is anyone familiar with what I'm talking about? Anyways, I wanted to know the name for it, it's not "tanning" so it's ___________.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic