Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does colorfix lighten hair color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elavatia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elavatia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does colorfix lighten hair color?
    Posted: October 26 2005 at 11:36pm
Like, bleaching is out of the question, so when I take the color out will it lighten it some because after I plan to use a high resolution golden brown dye mixed with a neutral brown dye so instead of bleaching it, would that lighten it?
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 12:09am

The Colorfix will only 'lighten' it to the stage it reached when you colored ur hair before the color itself was deposited. So no it won't actually lighten ur hair, but using it WILL make ur hair lightER to the stage at which the permanent dye lightened it. Hope this explains it clearly enough!

Edited by Veronica F
francesgrimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francesgrimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 11:11pm
Does Colorfix work on semipermanent dye?  I started life with medium brown hair, dyed it a very dark brown with semipermanent dye for years, and now want to go to medium golden brown permanent dye.  Semipermanent dye is actually incredibly tenacious.  I've been washing it out for four months, using Prell as often as I can without drying out my hair, and volume conditioner which is supposed to expand the hair shaft and help release dye. I now have ombre hair--my natural color (now mixed with gray) for the first third, a darker slightly reddish brown for the middle third, and a brown only slighter lighter than the dark dye on the last third.  Looks awful, it's a good thing I work at home.  Will Colorfix get rid of the rest of the dye without frying my hair (which is very fine and mid-back length)?

Thanks,

Fran
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic