Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I REALLY need advice please!!! thanks!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
* BeX * View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote * BeX * Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I REALLY need advice please!!! thanks!!!
    Posted: October 28 2005 at 8:08pm

Hi!

I'm new to this... so I hope I do everything right! I just need some advice on what to do with my hair. I've never had a haircut I've really liked, and I just dont know what to do with it anymore! I've been trying to grow it out but I get SO frustrated with it that I want to cut it.

I dont have a recent picture but here is one from not too long ago. (you cant really see my hair.. but its the only pic i have on the computer .. sorry!) my hair is black and VERY striaght and right now has no style. Its a little longer than in the picture and I have longer bangs as well... but they dont look just right.

Can someone tell me what length/style I should have!?

thanks SOOOO MUCH!!!!

Edited by * BeX *
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2005 at 12:30am
cut it chin length in front and angle the back up a little to the neckline (cut bluntly)  for a real sharp looking bobcut  it would look amazing on you and just side sweep the bangs dont cut em anymore   well?
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
hairguy00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairguy00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2005 at 3:10pm

i agree with lovebobs, but if you dont want to go that short and still want style during the growing out period maybe you could get some layers around chin length and then have the rest of the hair gradually layered out to its current length. with the bangs you could just have them incorperated into the style and grow them out if that is what you want, or you could get them cut more into a "side bang" style.I cannot really tell how long your hair is right now, but i think you could do anything from a pixie to a long layered cut

Have fun!

* BeX * View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote * BeX * Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 6:30am

Thank You SO much for the advice!!!

I'm so torn, I really want to cut it now! But I miss my long hair too

I think I might end up doing something like you both said though

I really like this cut

http://gallery.hairboutique.com/details.asp?ID=5888

and the colour too!!

is that along the lines of what you ment??

thanks again!!!!

* BeX * View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote * BeX * Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 6:50am
hairguy00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairguy00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 9:56am

something like that, but when i was looking at that last site two styles stuck out to me that i really like and that i think would look fantastic on you!

http://www.lsalon.com/model-pages/mps-4-5-03-red.htm

http://www.lsalon.com/model-pages/oct-2004-shs-redhair-black -coat.htm

This was more along the lines i was thinking in my previous post:

http://www.lsalon.com/model-pages/mps-22.htm

*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 7:47am
I think the cut in that first link would look totally  hot on you. It suits your face.
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 11:19pm
You're awfully cute-- you could probably get away with just about anything ^_^ .  Of the suggested styles, I like this one: http://www.lsalon.com/model-pages/mps-4-1-03-marta.htm and this one: http://www.lsalon.com/model-pages/mps-4-5-03-red.htm the best.
More awesome than a manatee!
* BeX * View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote * BeX * Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2005 at 6:55am

thanks so much for your advice everyone!!!

I'll let you know what I end up doing! its just such a tuff decision! I had my hair cut REALLY short once and I didnt like it at all, and my bf who loves short hair didnt like it on me either ... unfortunately haha

I really like the inverted bob tho!

i think I'll end up cutting it, its such a pain to grow it out!

Oh! I found a more recent photo of myself, but it also is hard to see my hair because its in a ponytail (as it usually is during this stage of the hair growing process)

I'm on the right....

sorry its so small!!

Edited by * BeX *
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 10:33pm
Instead of lopping it off, how about a long-layered look?  And the long layers are pretty trendy right now.
* BeX * View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote * BeX * Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 6:51am

I love long hair, I'm trying to do that now, but my hair is really thick and its getting heavier. I'm pretty sure its giving me headaches... which kinda sucks, espeically around exam time!

maybe if i get it thinned out I can keep growing it...?

For someone with dark hair like me, are highlights a good idea?

Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 11:33am
I don't think you should get it thinned out, but if you want it long and it's too heavy it might be the best. Just make sure you really think it through and know what you want when you go to the hairdressers. If you're unsure of what you want, don't do anything too drastic the first time. But I agree with Kuroneko, this one would look great on you: http://www.lsalon.com/model-pages/mps-4-5-03-red.htm. Good luck and post pictures after the cut!!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 12:44pm

Nooooo please no thinning! The tool that is used for thinning (thinning shears?) tends to cause split ends because it doesn't leave a "clean cut".

How long do you want your hair?

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
* BeX * View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote * BeX * Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 4:51pm

I was hoping for a couple inches past my shoulders I think... I miss my long hair...

No thinning eh? thanks I really didnt know it was that bad!

* BeX * View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote * BeX * Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 10:29am

hi guys!!

thanks again for all your help!!!!!!!

I went and got it cut with some layers because I think I really do want to grow it, I'll show you the picture she worked from, it looks almost exactly like it! I'm pretty happy with it..... Next I'll be gettin some highlights, and maybe a real pic of me if you guys want to see

thanks so much for your time and advice!! this forum rocks!

heres the pic of how my hair was cut:

trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 11:07am

Cool - I really like that hair; I've had mine quite like that before, although with more disconnected layers (i.e. the front short and the back long...NOT like a mullet, though!  Difficult to explain).  It's nice hair, sexy-looking and very versatile to style.

Glad that you're happy!

haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2005 at 10:05pm
looks amazing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic