Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sedu or FHI ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PhyllisJ8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhyllisJ8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sedu or FHI ?
    Posted: April 29 2015 at 2:10pm
Give Karmin a try. LOL
Living La vida Loca!!
curlysue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlysue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 9:19pm
I'm having the same dilemma ... trying to find a good flat iron online. All I seem to find in Canada is Chi (for which I've heard mixed reviews). But once you calculate the dollar and shipping, these things get very expensive. If I go that route, I need to make sure its a DAMN good iron! I'm going to go check out some of the local beauty supply stores next week and I'll post if I find anything.
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 10:38am

Originally posted by CrazyHairGurl CrazyHairGurl wrote:

lol pokahontas, I heard good things about the maxiglide too, the thing is I heard it was only good for natural hair and not relaxed hair.

I don't know for sure but I would just assume that if naturally tightly curled hair can get straight using it then relaxed hair would have no problem.  Maybe some relaxed ladies will chime in that have used it, but either way it's up to you which one you choose.  I know it is a really hard decision.  I got myself all confused trying to decide.

CrazyHairGurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyHairGurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 10:22am
lol pokahontas, I heard good things about the maxiglide too, the thing is I heard it was only good for natural hair and not relaxed hair.
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 8:15am
I have never used any of the irons you mentioned but I just got a maxiglide and whoa!  That iron is great!  My hair got bone straight....I've never seen it that straight, even when it was permed.  I will probably do a thread on it soon with pics as soon as i get them up.  The good thing about the maxiglide is that you can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond for $80.  I would pay way more for that thing if I had to....it is that good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyHairGurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2005 at 10:59pm
I use Fantasia IC too, I love that stuff. I just need to make sure I don't use too much or else my hair get's heavy.
Nita81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nita81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2005 at 6:12pm
Ok I just used my Solia iron and I love it. My hair was silky smooth in one swipe!!!! I used it on the 350 setting....the temp range is 140-450. I used Fantasia heat protector(in the pink bottle) as my protecting serum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyHairGurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 12:19pm

Thanks Nita81, I will look into Maxiglide. 2 flat irons for that price is good(which would be about 180 canadian including shipping charges). Thank you both for the advice and warnings for ebay. I don't think I could have been able to go through with buying something through ebay. Too bad folica isn't a brick and mortar store as opposed to being an online shopping site.

lol nita81 I didn't know how to convert currency either then I found out you can just use a currency calculator or currency converter online.

Nita81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nita81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 11:47am
I agree w/ Supersugar......purchase your flat iron thru folica.com instead of ebay. Folica has a limited warranty w/ the flat irons. I believe I read somewhere that some manufacturers will not honor the irons purchased thru ebay.

I just received my solia 1 1/4 iron yesterday from folica. I haven't used it yet b/c I need to wash my hair.

Have you looked into Maxiglide? That iron is very good too. I have it too. I got the solia b/c I needed a smaller size. They have Maxiglide on www.shopathometv.com. Now they offer a small iron w/ the purchase of a Maxiglide.....you get 2 flat irons for under $120 Usd(sorry don't know how to convert the currency). HTH

Edit to add link:
http://www.shopathometv.com/shopathome/network/jshop/shopdev /content.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1516774109.1131127783@@@@&BV_E ngineID=cccladdgdmgddihcefeceeedffjdfnj.0&content=brand/maxi us/offerFSH825&n=0

Edited by Nita81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyHairGurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 11:29am
LOL thanks for the advice. I guess I am used to clamping my hair with the gold n hot 2 or 3 times to get it straight,lol.
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 7:01am

Personally, I think tht you should buy your iron (whichever one you get) through Folica.  They have a warranty that they stand behind.  With eBay, you're at the mercy of the seller, assuming you can even get in touch with them after the sale.  And flat irons have a bad habit of breaking at very inconvenient times.  The higher price from Folica is an insurance measure, but one that I have been grateful for when my Solia's plates began to chip.

Oh, incidentally, if you plan to use your iron at 410F, I wouldn't recommend "clamping" the tip of it together while flatironing anyway - bake bake bake!

Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyHairGurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 9:57am

hey everyone I am trying to decide which flat iron I want to purchase. I have mostly done some research at folica.com, flatironreviews.com, makeupalley.com and amazon.com to read people's reviews. The two flat irons that interest me are the sedu or FHI. I would have added solia in there too, but the self adjusting plates freak me out, knowing myself I would probably end up breaking those,lol, also from the pics it doesn't look as those it would REALLY straighten my hair. Anyway now I am trying to figure out which (out of the two) are the best. The sedu is REALLY expensive I did the math and it would cost me anywhere from 170-180 canadian dollars, whereas the FHI would cost me anywhere from 65-80 dollars canadian (through ebay). My only problem is quality. I read that FHI used "fused" ceramic I don't know what that is. Also I haven't seen alot of before and after pics (maybe about 2) for FHI. The FHI I am interested in getting has a fixed setting of 410 degrees farenheit(sp?). I have seen TONS of before and after pics for the sedu flat iron. The highest temperature is also 410 farenheit. I really liked how smooth the hair looked. Now this is what I am looking for as results: smooth, flat, FLEXIBLE hair with really SMOOTH edges, and I also don't want my hair to smell like metal, and I would also like for my hair to withstand humidity and possibly even rain. Other flat irons I have used with failed results include: conair steam flat iron (white), and conair "ceramic" flat iron. Flat irons I used with weak mediocre success(meaning they got the job done,lol) were: gold n hot ceramic 2 inch flat iron and gold n hot flat iron with the grip handle. Also I used to have the gold n hot ceramic stove heater with the marcel curling iron(never got around to buying the marcel flat iron lol). Anyway the problem with the gold n hot was that my hair ended up smelling like metal, my hair would revert back from sweat(humidity) or rain, and my hair was STIFF with no movement,lol. I really didn't like my gold n hot tools. This leads me back here trying to figure out which to buy. I want a quality flat iron that will last for at least 2 years. I have to keep in mind that I don't have alot of money right now, so I basically have to use some of my savings. My hair is relaxed(despite not having my hair relaxed in over a year) wavy and thick. If anyone has any suggestions or maybe had any good or bad experiences with the sedu or FHI could you please tell me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks   

Oh BTW the their are a few things that concern me with both flat irons. With the sedu: the plates gets REALLY hot, which means that I can't touch them when straightening my hair, which I am REALLY used to doing. With the FHI: I read one review were the person said a bump formed on her FHI just after 7 months, and another review the person said it was a really good flat iron exept there is a screw that kept snatching her hair out when straightening her hair. Also I have never bought anything through ebay, how do I know the seller will honour their warranty? how do I know the seller is selling a fake? I guess if it was a business I was buying from (i.e. folica) I would feel a little better, but if I buy a FHI @ folica it would cost me 125-135 canadian.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic