Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fat calves!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
suki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fat calves!!
    Posted: November 06 2005 at 8:54pm

okay does anyone have any tips on how to make your calves smaller? i dont like wearing skirts that show my calves cuz i think they are too big. it makes me feel self-conscious about my legs.

has anyone else had trouble with this??

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 10:22pm

Are your calves in proportion with your thighs and body?  I know my calves are big (I had a really hard time shopping for boots -_-;; ), but I'm a size 14, so everything on me is big :-P .  I just keep trying to get my weight down and hope it all stays in proportion.  *shrugs*

Then again, I know someone whose calves are huge and out of proportion with his body, and it's because he used to lift a lot of weight with his legs, and they got really developed.  The calves just never went down when he stopped O_o .  If you're doing weights, be careful of that.  Maybe ask a trainer for advice or go to a women's gym-- they should know how to work the muscles to get long and lean instead of big and buff.

More awesome than a manatee!
corpuskristen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpuskristen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 12:59pm

Suki I am in the same boat. I once tried to starve away my calves and they stayed pretty much the same. I only discovered that I looked even more ridiculous w/ 17"thighs and 14" calves than I did before I went on the crazy diet. (I am 5'9" btw)

Weird thing is I don't think it is muscle. Is yours muscle? I think if I ever win the lotto I will go to S Korea and get the calve reduction surgery. (I think thats where they do it.)

skibumps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 10:26pm
I know how you feel.....I have big calves, too.  I can't find boots I can wear, because I can't zip them over my calves!  It's very frustrating and disheartening.  Mine are all muscle, so there's not a darn thing I can do about it.  What my personal trainer told me is to just keep them toned, i.e., don't do anything that'll build new muscle, but you must keep them toned so they don't turn flabby, so just do slight exercises.  One good exercise is to stand on the edge of a step or stair.  Slowly lower your heels down so that your calf muscle is stretched, then raise up.  This will stretch the muscle, but not build it up anymore.  Stretching the calf muscles can elongate them and therefore give the appearance of longer, slimmer legs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic