Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hmm..perm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Celina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hmm..perm?
    Posted: November 08 2005 at 10:39pm

well i have POKER straight hair.. i mean unbelievably straight hair.

and it is SO thick it WILLL NOT curl no matter what product i use no matter what i do.. its deaaad straight.

so i was wondering would anyone recommend getting a good perm and i a good flat iron.. and that way i could go either way?

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 12:51pm

perm + flat iron = LOTS of damage...

So it's a matter of personal preference, and whether you're willing to sacrifice a little bit to have curly hair. Have you tried all alternatives yet? Rag rollers, sock curling, curling tongs, everything else?

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Celina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 3:21pm

never heard of any of those

ive tried rollers... didnt work

and french braiding works..but i dont knwo how

curlygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2005 at 12:33am

once you get a perm you have to let it grow out. if you straighten permed hair you will ruin your hair for good.

Celina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 7:10pm

i tried... the rag curler thing

didnt fly too well i ended up with a mass of Poooof

gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 7:05pm

A friend of mine had extremely straight hair that couldn’t hold a curl. She got a perm but after a while she got tired of it and it took a very very long time to grow out. So if you do get a perm you may have to be prepared to wait a while for it to grow out.

Celina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 12:40am
well i haddd a perm..but i was sick of it.. so i went to the store and bought perming solution but instead of just curling it... i brushed it out.. worked wonderfully
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic