Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Never wore makeup before will like to

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ragdollragdoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragdollragdoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Never wore makeup before will like to
    Posted: November 12 2005 at 2:17pm
I am 39 years old female. I have never wore makeup before in my life. I will like to start to wear it. I decide to become a girly girl.I was always a tomboy.  I was wondering where do I start ? Is there any place I need to go to start . I do have a picture on the computer if anybody want to see it. My mother never wore make up so I was never been taught. I hope someone can start me in the right direction. I have sensitive skin.
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 1:19pm

What prompted this transformation into a "girly girl?" 

Makeup takes a lot of practice and experimentation to get right... there are going to be products that look horrible on you and products that look absolutely beautiful.. it just takes time (and unfortunately, money) to find out what works. 

Start with simple things to get used to the feeling of makeup on your face. If you have a good complexion (and if you've never worn makeup, you probably do), skip any kind of foundation for now (though it might be worth it to invest in a good concealer)  Mascara and lipstick might be a good place to begin... then work up to eyeshadow, etc.

You really havent said anything about your colouring so i have no idea what products to suggest, other than to start with something moderately inexpensive (Maybelline,Loreal,etc.)

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2005 at 1:10am

I was never taught to wear make-up, either.  Just a suggestion, don't look to models in magazines and stuff to teach you to do it -_- .  Models wear things no normal person can get away with!

Buy some pretty lipglosses to start out with.  I'm not a make-up person, but I've learned to love lipgloss, and wear it often, now ^_^ .  Once you're comfortable with that, maybe add some mascara, and build up slowly like that.  Maybe at some point, get a consultant at a make-up counter to show you how to do your full face, if you can't quite figure it out.

But there's definitely nothing wrong with a natural face ^_^ .  I very seldom wear make-up, myself, except for special occasions.  So if you decide you feel more comfortable bare-faced, or maybe with just a little lipgloss, don't consider it any sort of failure.

More awesome than a manatee!
L281173 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L281173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 1:56pm
Start out moderate with neutral shades of color
one classy, sassy female
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 3:53pm
 Start simple, maybe tinted mousturizer (a dime size)& powder, eventually work your way up
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
churchgirl16 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churchgirl16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:38pm
hey im not a makeup wearer either but i would like to start my problem is every time ive tried to wear make up  i feel like it is gunked on i think im the only girl in my learning center who doesent wear makeup and it can be unnerving any tips
see yall buhbye:)
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 8:56am

Oh boy, growing up as a teen in the 80's, I never wore makeup either. But by age 20yr.s I bought tons, like Revlon, L'oreal, some Cover girl too. I was quite the painted lady. I went out to dance clubs and wanted to wear lots of eye makeup, to get that Bitchy(if you will) look. Like I wanted to look tough, and rebelious too.

I've always loved red lipstick(like Gwen Stefani).

But in the past 8 years(I'm now 35yr.s) I only use SPF 15 Olay moisteriser, a cover girl mascara, and Max Factor Lipfinity, in "Blushing". Lipfinity stays on for 8 to 10 hours, even with eating drinking, kissing,it's amazing!

I too have sensitive combo skin, and I have pink tones to my face.

I don't like foundation,..been there done that!!! I used to look almost Gothic, especially when I colored my hair a dark brown,...

Sorry for my ranting...

I hope I've helped, God knows You all help me! Thanks,..

Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 3:42pm
try going to the mall and have your makeup done there with those people (there is probably a correct name for it) i started out with mascara (no eyeliner, i  STINK at putting it on...and i look a little too 'dark') a light pink eyeshadow everynow and then, and a little bronzer
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 5:04pm
Prescriptives makeup is a good brand for foundation...one of the best for healthy skin and it has SPF 15 sunscreen in it.  I would reccommend the Traceless foundation and concealer to start, because it provides minimal coverage, but still help balance your skin tone.  I never wore makeup like you, and I still don't wear too much because I feel like a little girl trying to dress up with my mom's lipstick . I just wear a light foundation (or concealer if necessary) and then eye makeup.  I would try to start with those two and then maybe a tinted or even clear lipgloss.  I like Lancome Juicy Tubes in Spring Fling, but I'm sure there are other good ones out there.  Good luck!

Edited by meli
Curly_Que View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly_Que Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 5:12pm
I'm surprised no one mentioned the one thing I never leave the house without: Blush!!!

I don't know if you're fair-skinned (I am extremely pale, due to anemia), but a little bit of blush can go a long way to giving you that fresh, baby-faced look. I use CoverGirl in "Peach Rose," which is a pretty nuetral colour for caucasian skin. Just avoid anything that looks really PINK... it'll give you that "3 year-old just found mommy's make-up bag" look, unless you have ethnic skin. Just use a little bit - put it on so that you can just tell it's there, using a large blush brush. If you have a really clear complexion, you may even want to venture into the rhealm of cream blush... but save that journey for later, after you've gotten the hang of what looks good and what doesn't.

Also, someone mentioned Lipfinity (the lovely katay, I think). I use Lipfinity on occassion, but I find that it looses its shine pretty quickly. If you go that route, I'd recommend getting colour not too far from your natural lip colour; otherwise, you might end up with a matte finish that doesn't look as lucious as when you first put it on. It also tends to flake for me, no matter how moisturized my lips are.

Lastly, and this I cannot stress enough... find a foundation with SPF 15 in it. Most do have an SPF of at least 5, but even when you're not wearing any make-up at all, it's so important to wear sunscreen, especially on your face! Also, keeping very hydrated will keep your pores from clogging when you find a make-up regimen you're comfortable with.

Good luck and happy hunting! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic