Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Been had... given acrylic instead of gel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rollerGrrL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollerGrrL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Been had... given acrylic instead of gel
    Posted: December 23 2007 at 6:39am
Don't be swayed by the cheap full sets & fill-ins. You are better off spending a bit more money for a quality nail tech - who has actually gone to school to learn how to apply acrylic properly - who uses good product that will last longer, look better & is better for your health and your nails.

Do your research & keep at it - if you see someone with nice nails ask them where they go - avoid the cheap salons & you will LOVE them.

They will heal in time.
i feel it rolling through me.. i got the roller boogie..
naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 11:38am
Well, if they - as you say "jacked up" your natural nails, there is nothing that will fix that, except time -you need to grow damage out!  You can find a qualified nail tech and have her start filling in the nails with gels.  If the acrylics look bad, you can have them removed and then put a set of gels on.  My guess is that since you went to a place who lied to you, they are probab;ly using crappy acrylic that will yellow, so you may just want to soak them off and start over. 
_thumbelina_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _thumbelina_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 5:00pm

Why didn't you stop them when you realised what they were doing? You should get more involved in the process! As for complaints, well I don't understand how people can't like acrylics, their gorgeous! So live with them, when they grow out just have them taken off properly, I doubt it would damage your nails much after a few weeks

"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"
yikes_stripes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yikes_stripes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2005 at 2:12pm

Hi all,

I was hoping that some of you professionals can give me some advice.  I went to a manicurist (referred by someone who doesn't know better, I guess) and asked for gel nails.  Now I know that I got acrylic.  They used powder and UGH, used a drill to jack up my nail bed.  I just got them done yesterday. 

Here is my question.  Should I get them taken off and try to heal my nails?  IS it possible to work on undoing the bad that they have done? 

What should I do? 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic