Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thinning Edges need advice(pictures)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rainbowoffire22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainbowoffire22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinning Edges need advice(pictures)
    Posted: November 14 2005 at 11:53am
I have long and thick hair.  But lated I've notice my temples are thin and very short compared to the rest of my hair.  The rest of my hair is very long and really thick.  What can I do to grow out and thicken up my edges?  Please help.  I perm my hair every 2-3 months.  I just recently started hot curling my hair maybe that's the problem. Oh I'm not stressed so I don't think that's the problem.  Here are some pictures of my hair    Right Side Edges   Left side edges ( You can see my scalp)Left Side length   Right Side length These are the shortest parts of my hair.  Please Help
"With all the treasures in the world there's nothing like giving someone a piece of your heart."
Monet001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monet001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 12:36pm
MTG(everyother night)/SURGe/WGO(everynight)  I use this combo weekly and not only has my hair grew in on the sides but it is alot thicker.HTH
afrolatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 12:48pm

How do you wear your hair normally?  Do you pull back often, wear braids, etc..

rainbowoffire22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainbowoffire22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 2:20pm
I normally wear my hair down now when it's stright.  But I usually wear a ponytail,  I've been hot curling my hair a lot lately.  Oh what is MTG and WGO
"With all the treasures in the world there's nothing like giving someone a piece of your heart."
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 2:55pm
MTG is a mane and tail growth hormone.
Pulling it back into a ponytail can really be stress on your edges up front. I would suggest doing alternative styles in addition with a ponytail, nightly scalp massages concentrating in the front, and making your own hair butter w/beeswax. The beeswax will help to seal in the moisture. Here is how you make your own:

http://journals.fotki.com/blackhoney112/hair/entry/wrwsgbwrw rk/

Good luck!

Edited by blackhoney112
Hair album
pw:Romeo
afrolatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 8:39am
Definitely looks to me like the hair is breaking off from stress from pulling it back.  Most effective solution is to wear your hair in alternative styles, minimize use of ponytails.  Also, if you hair is relaxed, I do not recommend hot iron too often, this can really dry out and weaken the hair making it more prone to breaking.  For curls, try roller sets. Also try different proctective styles (braids, twists, braid outs or twist outs).  Also the others on this board give great advice (most of mine is actually borrowed from them).
NoNapNique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNapNique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 2:42pm

I used to have the SAME issue. See my post in this thread...

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36715 &KW=culprit

missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 8:30pm

I always sleep on my right side and i noticed my right temple is thinner . thank you for opening this thread . maybe i should consider using the products you mentioned .

Hair type: 4a or 3C<--transitioning
Hair length: 20"
goal:relaxer free healthy hair
Last relaxer: Sept 05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic