Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How often do you flatiron your hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moni-Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moni-Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How often do you flatiron your hair?
    Posted: November 14 2005 at 9:21pm
After 2 days my roots really start to get frizzy again.  It's not just a little bit...it's very noticeable.  I don't want to go through my hair again because I just did it 2 days ago.  I wanted to know how often everyone flatirons they're hair..and what do you do (besides wear a hat) in between flatironing to keep your hair looking good?
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 8:30am

Maybe once a week.  Maybe.

Wearing a scarf to bed helps me.

Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 9:33am
Once every week and a half or two weeks.  I wrap it to keep it straight and wear a scarf. 
BabyImaStarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyImaStarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 9:57am

Usually once a week, but I am trying to cut back on my heat so I may start doing it 2x a month.

http://public.fotki.com/babyimastarr
Moni-Q View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moni-Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 3:25pm
Ok once a week doesn't sound too bad.  I've been reading things where people flatiron once a month and I knew my hair couldn't stand up to that.
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2005 at 9:34pm
I flat iron my hair every day on a low heat setting. its always wavy when i wake up. But i have been doing it for years using certian products on my hair when i do it to keep it from getting dry, and I have no problem with it. I have very long hair more then half way down my back now and its soft and shiny even with daily use. I also make sure to use lots of really great conditioners.
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 7:03pm

lol gossipqueen, thats encouraging,, no matter
what i do if i wanna wear my hair completely loose I
must flat iron it daily,, it always will get a little wavy no
matter how tightly i wrap myhead,, i think my hair is
just too soft and too light so i always will need to do
a couple of runs with the iron,, i used to daily but now
its 3 times a week and using heat protectant..
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
Nita81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nita81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 8:17pm
I have a sew-in right now but I left some of the top out. I flat iron that part once a week after I conditioner wash my hair.
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 2:56pm
I flat iron my hair once a week after I wash my hair. One day my hair got kinda of frizzy because it was so humid her for a few days so I did get tempted and flat ironed it and the next day it got frizzy allover again! I read the forums and got NTM and that moisture has stopped my frizzies.
Hair album
pw:Romeo
MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 8:07am
I flat iron my hair once a week after washing it, unless I style it differently.
KBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 1:47pm
I usually flat iron once a week, only after I wash!  I don't relax anymore, so I have to do something because it's way to thick to do anything with it after washing it!
HHC began 08/05, BC 11/05. Healthy & nearly BSL 02/07!
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 7:41pm
I flat iron my hair once a month, else it's just natural.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 12:40pm

how do you wrap y our hair in order to keep it straight? I have never tried it but if it means reducing the time I spend flat ironing my hair I will try it

Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 6:16pm
I flat iron once a month. 
*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 9:05am
Originally posted by gossipqueen gossipqueen wrote:

how do you wrap y our hair in order to keep it straight? I have never tried it but if it means reducing the time I spend flat ironing my hair I will try it

You wrap your hair in one direction around your head (I wrap from right to left) like a giant roller. You can use pins to keep in place but I usually just tie in place with a scarf.  The key is to keep all the hair really smooth when you're wrapping it so you won't have bumps or waves in your hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 6:42pm

pokahontas, thanks for the tip on wrapping hair. I have never done it and decided to try it out last night. It worked well, I didn’t have to get up and use my flat iron. My hair stayed the same way it was when I styled it. I heard that it was also good to do it to reduce hair breakage as well. 

princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 7:34am
I dont flat iron my hair anymore...I get my hair pressed oce a week after washing.  Is that safe?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:14am
Originally posted by gossipqueen gossipqueen wrote:

pokahontas, thanks for the tip on wrapping hair. I have never done it and decided to try it out last night. It worked well, I didn’t have to get up and use my flat iron. My hair stayed the same way it was when I styled it. I heard that it was also good to do it to reduce hair breakage as well. 

That's great!  I'm glad it worked out well for you.  It really is an effective way to keep your hair straight and smooth but it does take a little practice (at least it did for me). 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 6:28pm

Me again, remember I said I used my flat iron everyday and I didn’t find that it did any damage. Well I decided to try and go without it for a while to see if it made any difference. Pokahontas gave me a good idea to wrap my hair at night and I didn’t use my flat iron now for a week, that’s a world record for me. But I don’t really see any difference except for the fact that I don’t have to put a lot of products in my hair to keep it moisturized, in fact I didn’t have to put anything In my hair to keep the shine. So I guess I will try to reduce it to about five times a week lol.

princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 8:11pm
if you hold off on the heat for a little while longer, trust me, youll see a difference
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic