Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moisturizing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Pokahontas Pokahontas wrote:

Originally posted by missfro missfro wrote:

i apply a mixture of oilve oil and shea butter to my hair at night or sometimes after a shower . however i never take care of my ends these days , since they are relaxed . am still waiting for my whipped shea from oyin :S  

That's a great combo.  Let me know how the whipped shea is.  I've been wondering about it.  It sounds really good.  I just ordered the Qhemet Biologics sample pack so I will be trying that out soon.

Yeah thank you Pokahontas , i have been using that misxture for a month now and my hair seems to  like it . however i melted my shea with microwave , so it came out a bit grainy .. how can i solve that ?

i havent got the whipped shea yet , seems that it was not meant for me  . will tell you once i get something :D . also i a interested in Qhemet products , did she introduce a shampoo to her line yet ?

Hair type: 4a or 3C<--transitioning
Hair length: 20"
goal:relaxer free healthy hair
Last relaxer: Sept 05
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 8:53am

i apply a mixture of oilve oil and shea butter to my hair at night or sometimes after a shower . however i never take care of my ends these days , since they are relaxed . am still waiting for my whipped shea from oyin :S  

That's a great combo.  Let me know how the whipped shea is.  I've been wondering about it.  It sounds really good.  I just ordered the Qhemet Biologics sample pack so I will be trying that out soon.

Yeah thank you Pokahontas , i have been using that misxture for a month now and my hair seems to  like it . however i melted my shea with microwave , so it came out a bit grainy .. how can i solve that ?

i havent got the whipped shea yet , seems that it was not meant for me  . will tell you once i get something :D . also i a interested in Qhemet products , did she introduce a shampoo to her line yet ?

Hmmm.....I'm not too sure about melting the shea butter.  The few times I tried to make shealoe I melted it in the microwave and it never came out quite right.  I've heard of a lot of people using a double broiler to melt theirs but I haven't tried that.  I think it's best not to melt it all the way, just enough to make it soft and add the other oils in.

I got my Qhemet and I love it!  The Amla and Olive heavy cream is wonderful.  It has a thick creamy consistency and its so moisturizing.  It made my hair sooo soft, shiny and smooth.  I fell in love with this.  I love the Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm also.  It has kind of a "grease" consistency but it's not heavy.  I got the sample pack but I haven't tried the other two products yet.  Yes, she has a new shampoo bar that i've heard good reviews on but I haven't tried it.  I wish I could get a sample of that before I buy the whole bar because my hair is kinda weird about shampoo bars.  Her products are definitely worth the money though.  If anyone's interested......http://www.qhemetbiologics.com/conditioners.php

Why was the whipped shea not meant for you?

Jazmynsgrandma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmynsgrandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 12:36pm

Hmmm.....I'm not too sure about melting the shea butter.  The few times I tried to make shealoe I melted it in the microwave and it never came out quite right.  I've heard of a lot of people using a double broiler to melt theirs but I haven't tried that.  I think it's best not to melt it all the way, just enough to make it soft and add the other oils in.

I got my Qhemet and I love it!  The Amla and Olive heavy cream is wonderful.  It has a thick creamy consistency and its so moisturizing.  It made my hair sooo soft, shiny and smooth.  I fell in love with this.  I love the Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm also.  It has kind of a "grease" consistency but it's not heavy.  I got the sample pack but I haven't tried the other two products yet.  Yes, she has a new shampoo bar that i've heard good reviews on but I haven't tried it.  I wish I could get a sample of that before I buy the whole bar because my hair is kinda weird about shampoo bars.  Her products are definitely worth the money though.  If anyone's interested......http://www.qhemetbiologics.com/conditioners.php

Why was the whipped shea not meant for you

Hi Poka,

I took your advise and ordered from qhemetbiologics.  I ordered the Alma and Olive cream and the soft gel.  I guess I'll see what happens to my hair while i'm transistioning.  I'm getting excited!  Tell me, how long did it take to receive your order?  Hopefully, not too long.

princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 1:35pm

Originally posted by Luvnaps Luvnaps wrote:

my hair is desert dry so i must moisturise every day, i use proclaim curl activator, spray with water 1st, then use the activator

mine is the same way!  I used to use grease, but I switching to EVOO starting today .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Jazmynsgrandma Jazmynsgrandma wrote:

Hi Poka,

I took your advise and ordered from qhemetbiologics.  I ordered the Alma and Olive cream and the soft gel.  I guess I'll see what happens to my hair while i'm transistioning.  I'm getting excited!  Tell me, how long did it take to receive your order?  Hopefully, not too long.

Hey Jaz!  I hope you like Qhemet.  Let me know how it works for your hair.  I love the Amla and Olive cream, it makes my hair feel so smooth and moist .  Amla is great for hair growth and making the hair strong, especially at the roots.  I'm thinking of just getting some plain Amla oil next.  I haven't tried the Honeybush soft gel yet but I should be trying it soon.  I really want to try all of her products now.  Maybe I'll splurge one day.

It didn't take long for my order at all.  Before I knew it, it was at the door.  Maybe 2 weeks but I'm not sure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmynsgrandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 11:19am

Hi Poka,

Hey Jaz!  I hope you like Qhemet.  Let me know how it works for your hair.  I love the Amla and Olive cream, it makes my hair feel so smooth and moist .  Amla is great for hair growth and making the hair strong, especially at the roots.  I'm thinking of just getting some plain Amla oil next.  I haven't tried the Honeybush soft gel yet but I should be trying it soon.  I really want to try all of her products now.  Maybe I'll splurge one day.

It didn't take long for my order at all.  Before I knew it, it was at the door.  Maybe 2 weeks but I'm not sure.

Poka, do you use the alma cream on damp or dry hair?  If you use it on dry hair, does it make it wet, or does it give it nice moisture?

Edited by Jazmynsgrandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 12:24pm

So far I've only used it on dry hair but I'm going to try it on wet hair when I wash my hair next.  I use maybe a small pea sized amount (maybe a little more) rub it in my hands and apply all over, concentrating on the ends most.  It is not wet which I like because when I have my hair straight it dosen't revert it or make it frizzy.  It only takes a small amount but I think if you used a lot it would make your dry hair a little wet (hope that makes sense).  Very good moisture. My hair is glossy and shiney.  I think you will like it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmynsgrandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 10:26am

So far I've only used it on dry hair but I'm going to try it on wet hair when I wash my hair next.  I use maybe a small pea sized amount (maybe a little more) rub it in my hands and apply all over, concentrating on the ends most.  It is not wet which I like because when I have my hair straight it dosen't revert it or make it frizzy.  It only takes a small amount but I think if you used a lot it would make your dry hair a little wet (hope that makes sense).  Very good moisture. My hair is glossy and shiney.  I think you will like it.

Thanks for the info.  I'll let you know how it works for me when I receive it.

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 6:22pm
hey poki, i use elasta qp recovery oil moisturiser after i wash. everyday, i just spray withjessicurl awe inspiraling spray or a leave in or rinse off conditioner. whatever's closest to my hands when im doing stuff to my hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmynsgrandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 10:45am

Hi poka...i received the qhemet yesterday and used it last night.  I like that it has a nice light smell (the hair butter) and that won't interfere with other products that i use.  I also like the gel....both products made my hair really shiney...i noticed it today as i was driving to work.  I looked in the rear view mirror and I noticed a beautiful shine, especially on my baby hairs.  Thanks for letting me know about it.  I can't wait to do my first twist out with the gel.  I'll let you know how it comes out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 7:14am

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

hey poki, i use elasta qp recovery oil moisturiser after i wash. everyday, i just spray withjessicurl awe inspiraling spray or a leave in or rinse off conditioner. whatever's closest to my hands when im doing stuff to my hair.

Hey Renee!  I almost bought some Jessicurl stuff on my last curlmart order but I ended up buying Elucence shampoo and condish instead.  Man, I'm in love with the conditioner!  It makes detangling a breeze, and you only need a little.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 7:20am

Hi poka...i received the qhemet yesterday and used it last night.  I like that it has a nice light smell (the hair butter) and that won't interfere with other products that i use.  I also like the gel....both products made my hair really shiney...i noticed it today as i was driving to work.  I looked in the rear view mirror and I noticed a beautiful shine, especially on my baby hairs.  Thanks for letting me know about it.  I can't wait to do my first twist out with the gel.  I'll let you know how it comes out.

Your welcome Jaz.  I'm glad you like the products.  I have fallen head over heels for the heavy cream

Good luck with the twist out.  I have never had much luck doing them.  For some reason my hair is so frizzy on the second day.  If you have good results maybe you can give me some tips.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmynsgrandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 10:19am

Poka....my twistout didn't come out like I wanted it too.  I guess I have to do it more to get it where I want it to be.  But, the soft hair gel did make it lie down smooth....I didn't have any frizzies at all.  That was amazing for my hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 8:40am

Poka....my twistout didn't come out like I wanted it too.  I guess I have to do it more to get it where I want it to be.  But, the soft hair gel did make it lie down smooth....I didn't have any frizzies at all.  That was amazing for my hair.

I need to work on my braid-outs also.  My hair just dosen't hold them well.  I think I'm going to try comb coils the next time I wash but I'm doing mine very loose and not tight like I've seen some do.  I get scared to experiment with my hair too much because sometimes it dosen't come out at all like I wanted.  I just recently did a bantu knot out.......it came out awful.  I ended up blowing it out and flat ironing like I normally do.  I used the soft gel for this and like you, my hair did lie down nicely and not much frizz.

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 9:04pm

Hey Renee!  I almost bought some Jessicurl stuff on my last curlmart order but I ended up buying Elucence shampoo and condish instead.  Man, I'm in love with the conditioner!  It makes detangling a breeze, and you only need a little.

yeah ive tried elucence. i didnt like the smell of the conditioner. it was just as detangling as my kenra moisturisng conditioner. one thing i didnt like, when i used it as a leave in , my hair got really dry. for me, its not moisturising, its just detangling. the only jessicurl product i have is the awe inspiraling spray. im running out so im probably going to buy the bigger size

Edited by Renee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 10:45am

yeah ive tried elucence. i didnt like the smell of the conditioner. it was just as detangling as my kenra moisturisng conditioner. one thing i didnt like, when i used it as a leave in , my hair got really dry. for me, its not moisturising, its just detangling. the only jessicurl product i have is the awe inspiraling spray. im running out so im probably going to buy the bigger size

You're right, it does kinda stink and it is not all that moisturizing.  I always make sure to use a moisturizer afterwards.  It detangles really well though, that's the only thing I use it for.  Next time I'm going to try my Qhemet Olive Cream detangler.  I hear that is more moisturizing and really detangles.

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 5:56pm
oh yeah qhemet olive detangler is great.when i have to detangle my hairwhen its dry, i always use that. ill definitely buy the bigger bottle when my sample size is finished
afrolatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 9:32pm

I really like Elucence as a leave in.  It doesn't detangle my hair that well but it does make my hair very soft and slippery feeling.  I have to admit it smells stong but I don't mind.

I tried Jessicurl Too Shea and LOVE it.  It is very moisturizing and great for detangling.  I used it as a DT and wow.  My hair felt so good all week long.  Can't wait to use again tomorrow and also want to try the Jessicurl Deep Treatment.  Too Shea is really wonderful, I highly recommend.

And I tried Qhemet.  I like the Honey Bush Tea Gel and the Amla Heavy Cream works well for my niece.  I didn't love the feeling of the Amla Heavy Cream in my hair.  I prefer Carol's Daughter HHB.  I also was not impressed with the Olive Detangler. I had high hopes for that one but did not detagle my hair at all.

Edited by afrolatina

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 9:10am
Originally posted by afrolatina afrolatina wrote:

I really like Elucence as a leave in.  It doesn't detangle my hair that well but it does make my hair very soft and slippery feeling.  I have to admit it smells stong but I don't mind.

I tried Jessicurl Too Shea and LOVE it.  It is very moisturizing and great for detangling.  I used it as a DT and wow.  My hair felt so good all week long.  Can't wait to use again tomorrow and also want to try the Jessicurl Deep Treatment.  Too Shea is really wonderful, I highly recommend.

And I tried Qhemet.  I like the Honey Bush Tea Gel and the Amla Heavy Cream works well for my niece.  I didn't love the feeling of the Amla Heavy Cream in my hair.  I prefer Carol's Daughter HHB.  I also was not impressed with the Olive Detangler. I had high hopes for that one but did not detagle my hair at all.

Hey afrolatina.  Sorry the Qhemet didn't work as well for you.  It's funny how products react so differently for the individual.  My hair just loves the heavy cream.  Have you tried the Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm?  It kinda reminds me of a hair grease but not heavy.  It's very softening. 

afrolatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 11:55pm

Yeah, the Qhemet products are wonderful, the ingredients, consistency, aroma.  They are just not a good match for my hair.  I try out different products with others in my family in mind as well, and so far, my mother who is relaxed loves the heavy cream, and also uses it on my niece who is natural (tames the halo).  I even bought the samples for my younger cousin who has 4A hair, enough for 3 people.  These products are amazing in her hair.  

I tried a little bit of the Honey Hydrating Balm in my hair but I did not love the feeling of it.  I want to try on my niece next.  How do you use it?  I think her hair is similar to yours.

I do think it is funny how everyone's hair is so unique and responds differently to products. 

I definitely recommend Jessicurl Too Shea.  I am amazed at how well this stuff works.  So moisturizing.  I plan to order several more jars. 

Staples: Jessicurl Too Shea, Curls Asian Hair Tea Condish and Elucence MB Shampoo and Conditioner (as leave in). Carol's Daughter HHB, Jane Carter Nourish n Shine, Oils.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic