Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moisturizing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 2:17pm
I just got Hollywood Carrot Creme, so far so good; I really couldn't help myself especially considering it was £1.99 and it included a FREE 16oz sample of their Carrot Cholesterol!
Girlynextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girlynextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 11:35am
I usually apply some Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Lotion to my braids (for braid out) in the morning and do my main moisturzing at night.

Edited by Girlynextdoor
Stacey Dash is my hair idol.
my fotki
www.fotki.com/girlynextdoor
"This One" password = waves
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by afrolatina afrolatina wrote:

Yeah, the Qhemet products are wonderful, the ingredients, consistency, aroma.  They are just not a good match for my hair.  I try out different products with others in my family in mind as well, and so far, my mother who is relaxed loves the heavy cream, and also uses it on my niece who is natural (tames the halo).  I even bought the samples for my younger cousin who has 4A hair, enough for 3 people.  These products are amazing in her hair.  

I tried a little bit of the Honey Hydrating Balm in my hair but I did not love the feeling of it.  I want to try on my niece next.  How do you use it?  I think her hair is similar to yours.

I do think it is funny how everyone's hair is so unique and responds differently to products. 

I definitely recommend Jessicurl Too Shea.  I am amazed at how well this stuff works.  So moisturizing.  I plan to order several more jars. 

Staples: Jessicurl Too Shea, Curls Asian Hair Tea Condish and Elucence MB Shampoo and Conditioner (as leave in). Carol's Daughter HHB, Jane Carter Nourish n Shine, Oils.

Right now I've only used the hydrating balm in my hair when I'm wearing it straight so I'm not too sure how it reacts with my curls.  I just use one small pea sized amount of it (or less) and run it through my hair from root to ends (especially on ends) then I wrap it or put it in a bun before bed and it comes out really soft when I take it down.  I want to try her Amla oil pomade after I use up some of my other products.  Amla oil is supposed to be really good for hair growth and strength. 

Thanks for the review on the Too Shea.  It sounds really good.  I think I may be trying that out soon.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic