Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing hair: only add ferts and water!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing hair: only add ferts and water!!!
    Posted: November 18 2005 at 8:47pm

I'm somewhat glad I only evened out my hair really and got bob, because I think I want to grow my hair out longer. It is evened out because I used to have a haircut a little longer than a pixie about a year ago and the front was so much shorter than the back!! My current hair is a little (maybe an inch) past chin length. It was just cut so there are no nasty ends and it will look fine to grow out. Okay...so I do not want to grow it out that long...maybe slightly past the shoulder, Here is what I was watching to do with my hair:

How long do you think it will take my to grow my hair to that length? I was going to estimate about 8 months.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2005 at 10:29am

My hair grows a bit slower in the winter. Even so it wouldn't take me as long as 8 months.  Mine is just below chin length as well and if I missed about 4 trims it would be as long as in the photos.  You might manage it in 5 months.  Roll on Easter!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 9:38am
But I also have to worry about the back. It's slightly inverted...er was...not it's not as noticable. I wish it was summer...my hair grew so fast! In 4 months it grew maybe 3 inches. Which seemed like a lot considering it was so short!

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 2:56pm
It's grown an amazing amount in a year.  I still think you'll do it in a few months.  It looks like it is in lovely condition and straight hair always seems to grow quicker than curly hair.  Good luck!
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 6:38pm

The first picture, with the blonde hair, is exaclty how I wanted my hair.  I showed that exact picture, in a hair magazine that I have, to my hair dresser and got it cut the other day.  My hair turned out nothing like that and I am so upset.  My hair is now shoulder length with tons of really short layers.  Does anyone know how to achieve the look in the first picture?  Do they razor it out because my hair is kind of thick, but not too thick.  Any suggestions on how to achieve this look when I already have gotten my hair layered I would appretiate it.  Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 7:26pm
Straightener will make it look more like the picture. My sister's hair is so thick and she uses the straightener and afterwards it looks so much thinner! That is a suggestion.

Thanks for the warning on the hairstyle! I never really noticed the layers were going to be so short. I have a problem judging those things. I did find a style that was like it but with longer layers. I dunno if I would ask for something different with the hair in her face or not. I know I want some bangs. Still have to find a picture of bangs I want...if I want them.

Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 4:31pm

I had my hair cut similar to yours once... And then eventually tried to go for the "Josie and the Pusscats" style... kind of like those pictures you posted.

It absolutely did not work.  Probably my hair type (wavy/curly/all over the place).  The razored layers also made it very hard to grow out.

But to the topic on hand: I would agree with everyone else...less than 8 months.  And even if the back is kind of shorter/inverted, as long as most of it reaches the max length you want, they'll be cutting short layers into in anyway.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 8:53pm
Well, truth is...I do not really know what I want quite yet other than a little below shoulder length. LOL!

Recently, I found two pictures off this professional photographer website...and the girls hair is much how my hair type is. Straight but sort of does whatever at the ends like hers. Okay, so I've been now trying to find a better example of what she has done to her ends. I do not think it is just a plain and simple cut (well it is), but the ends do not look blunt. I know if I just grew out my hair to that length then my hair would look like a pyramid.  Anyway...what did they do to the ends?

Oh and I cropped out all the unnecessary stuff...like her sitting there in her panties.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 11:40pm

Undereducated guess, probably long layers starting around the lip or chin level.  But I'll just be over here under the table in case I'm wrong. . .

More awesome than a manatee!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 10:24am
Sweetpea I'd agree, I think they put product in it, like mousse maybe, then straightened it. 

Always_alone, I would have guessed that last girl was blunt cut, but that there were long bangs and it maybe is slightly shorter in the front on the sides, and the ends were curled artificially (but that's all guesses too, its hard to tell - thanks for not making us look at her drawers! )

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 9:42am

What do you guys think of something like that? Not what she did with it...with all those picture it is easy to see. Just the style is general on someone like me? I swear this is the only picture that will load onto the site...it's the smallest file size.

Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 7:34am
I don't know what you mean by "not what she did with it", but both the style and cut looks nice and also stylish.  You are pretty and you can do anything you want with your hair and look great, congratulations!  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 4:49pm
I think those cuts would look amazing on you. Staying brunette?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by haman haman wrote:

I think those cuts would look amazing on you. Staying brunette?

Of course, I love being a brunette.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 2:48pm

I really like the second picture you posted (the dark brunette with a shag like hair cut)  I think that is a very sexy cut.

I think that cut would look great on you.  I think bangs would look great on your face shape.   Take pics once it grows!!

Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 12:13am
LOVE the last pix you posted -- the ones with the red hair. Go for  THAT style. Would look GREAT! And your brunette does look pretty and shiny!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic