Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rachel Stevens cut her hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Desmond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rachel Stevens cut her hair
    Posted: November 20 2005 at 2:51pm

I'll do a brief explanation for those of you who don't know who she is 1st of all.  Basically she used to be in a pop group called S-Club 7 and once they split up she went solo and has now cut her long hair into a bob hairstyle and I'm not 100% convinced I really like it yet, but maybe it will grow on me.  I don't have any pictures on me at the moment, but you can see her new look and her older looks on gettyimages.

Robocop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robocop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 4:23pm
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 5:42pm
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 7:54pm
She looks great in the short bob style. A real improvement. She is a very beautiful young lady! And that is a really nice bob cut.
She's adorable.
She would look great pixied as well. She is very feminine.
Brent
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 8:21pm

WOW is an understatement.  HOT, SEXY, FABULOUS....

Sure she looked great before but what an improvement.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 8:43pm
I like it. Looks great. Not sure what I like about it but just works.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 10:14pm

I think one of the things I like about it is that she didn't go crazy with layers or a color change or anything else.  Usually a drastic change in length is accompanied by other stuff.  She kept it simple. 

glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 11:50pm
Wow, I really liked S.Miller's change to a shorter style and this is just as HOT!  I remember watching that damn S-Club 7 show and she looked cute then, but now she's simply sexy!
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 4:25am

Oh well I seem to be a minority of one (again).

I much preferred her long look and this bob does nothing for her imo.

Hopefully she'll either grow it back again quickly or cut it shorter - but the bob has to go.

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 10:02am
i think she looked better with her hair long and dark. it was like that for a while in the summer. Not sure if I like the bob.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 10:56am

I'd be very shocked if we see this style again.  This cut has all the makings of a temporary move.

I like it for this event.  Its dramatic and a bit stunning.  Also shows off her neck and shoulders and proves that should could pull off short hair.  But on a daily basis this is a plain, bland, 1 length look.  It will either take extensions or a shorter, funkier cut to sustain any kind of interest.

I have been bored with Rachel ever since she started going progressively blonder and just kind of looked like everybody else.  I greatly prefer her with dark hair and after seeing this look would probably prefer to see her go even shorter and darker.

Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 1:04pm

Are we certain she isn't simply wearing a wig at this event?  If it isn't a wig, I agree with trout on this one completely.  This has all the hallmarks of someone sticking a toe in the water to see if they'll like short hair.  Keep an eye on her in the coming weeks for something new.  Either, she'll lose the wig, she'll miss her long hair and grow it (more likely, get extensions) or she'll give her stylist the green light to cut a bit more.

Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 2:03pm

She looked better with long hair, though she's cute with this too. Don't think she'll keep it for very long.

Katie C Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 10:39pm
Rachel is a very sexy woman. I remember her from the S Club days and  when their show first started she had shortish hair and then let it grow. I have loved all her hairstyles and her hair color. She has been brunette, brunette with blonde highlights, blonde, and now back brunette. If this is a cut and not a wig, I still find it sexy no matter what.. She is HOT!!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 12:15am
I'm not really familiar with the group or her, but she looks pretty cute.  More dictinctive hair might be a good idea, though-- in all the pics shown, it seems very average.
More awesome than a manatee!
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 8:21am
I like it just because it's a change from the generic long, straight look in
the first pic. Also it seems a direct change from looking "hot" in the
before pic (if generically so) to looking "cute" in the after pic. Which is
fine with me, I like cute, especially if it distinguishes her a bit. And I
agree it would be fun to see her try some more interesting short styles
if she keeps the shorter length for a while.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 2:04pm

I have to disagree on liking this style.  She looks much better with longer hair.  I used to work in a hair salon in selfridges in london and she came in to have her hair done, she is very podgy and really plain looking-also not all the hair she had was her own, volume was added courtasy of racoon international. I do hope she has racoon on speed dial.

x

It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
Katie C Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 10:26pm
More pics:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS==== 150633&c4nvi=3&str=3494&styp=clbi&nbc1=1
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 11:01am
I don't really think she's very pretty, but I like the Bob better.
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 11:20am
Originally posted by ShockinPinkPetals ShockinPinkPetals wrote:

I have to disagree on liking this style.  She looks much better with longer hair.  I used to work in a hair salon in selfridges in london and she came in to have her hair done, she is very podgy and really plain looking-also not all the hair she had was her own, volume was added courtasy of racoon international. I do hope she has racoon on speed dial.

x

Hahaha that makes me feel so good! I always thought of Rachel as being extremely sexy and majorly HOT. But to hear someone say she looked 'podgy' for some reason, that makes me feel like there IS hope out there!

I personally liked her hair longer and darker too. But the shorter cut is cute too. The way its styled in those pictures is a little too stiff for me, but I think if styled a little more 'free' and natural, it might look OK.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic