Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bored need ideas for new cut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bored need ideas for new cut
    Posted: November 20 2005 at 6:13pm
Hi, bored with my hair. Bangs are shorter than in pic. The haircolor is also all brown again. Lisa

Edited by HairStyleDiva
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
Pixiefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixiefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 7:36pm

Ultra short crop would look fantastic. Straight clipper the back (#2) and blend in sides with a clipper over comb technique. 

"You know you have a good haircut when more is on the floor than your head"

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 8:32pm

Originally posted by HairStyleDiva HairStyleDiva wrote:

Hi, bored with my hair. Bangs are shorter than in pic. The haircolor is also all brown again. Lisa

How bout growing it out into a more feminine style like these....possibly grow it out and have it shaped into a nice razor cut and style like below to give you more width on the sides of your face so your overall face shape doesn't look oblong or pear-shaped. I would strong recommend against the earlier post of some troll telling you to shave your head with a #2 up the back, etc, etc. As a professional stylist I can tell you that with your face shape a cut with some width on the sides would give the illusion of a more rounded, oval face shape which is the ideal shape that you should strive for to accent your best features and minimize your less attractive features. It would take several months of growing it out possibly 3-4 months but the end result when it's all said and done is that you would have a style that would flatter your face and look very attractive on you. It's pretty much a wash and go hair style too with very little styling every day. The cut is what gives you the flip out on the sides...a little blow dry and some styling product and you'd be good to go.

baker46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 9:56pm

I definitely agree with Claude!!! DON'T shave it...unless you want to look like a guy!!! I am also bored with my style that I've had for several years (EEEK!!), so I'm growing out the layers and waiting until I can get a smooth, sleek bob. I had my hair styled in a bob a few years ago and loved it! You need some softness around your face and the pic from Claude would be a good suggestion. Keep us posted.

BTW, Claude...can you cut a Bob? LOL

Edited by baker46
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by baker46 baker46 wrote:

BTW, Claude...can you cut a Bob? LOL

Sure can!!! I'm a licensed hairstylist

tarheelgal05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelgal05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 4:07pm
Claude, I think it's a bit harsh of you to refer to pixiefan as a troll just because he/she expressed a hairstyle opinion that you disagreed with.  Actually, I have a friend with similar features as HairStyleDiva and she has a clippered cut which suits her very well.  I realize that such a style may not be for everyone, but the idea, on its face, is not outlandish.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 7:43pm
Yes, I don't think a clipper style is weird, not sure its for me though. A new pic

Edited by HairStyleDiva
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 11:44pm

Originally posted by tarheelgal05 tarheelgal05 wrote:

Claude, I think it's a bit harsh of you to refer to pixiefan as a troll just because he/she expressed a hairstyle opinion that you disagreed with.  Actually, I have a friend with similar features as HairStyleDiva and she has a clippered cut which suits her very well.  I realize that such a style may not be for everyone, but the idea, on its face, is not outlandish.

A pixie cut is primarily done with scissors. I don't know any stylist who would take a #2 guard which is approx 1/4" in length and shave the back of some women's nape if they we're doing a pixie. If they want it tapered you can do that easy with scissors. A pixie is very feminine looking cut for women that want short hair without the hard lines typically found with most clipper cuts.

That style that person suggested is nothing more than a short man's haircut that would look completely ridiculous on HairStyleDiva's face and wouldn't flatter or accentuate her features at all. For a female to have an ultra short crop they need the facial shape and features to pull it off plus the confidence to wear a bold style like that. I personally don't think look would work well for HairStyleDiva. A cut like that would only elongate her face which is not what she needs.

If that person who posted that was a licensed hairstylist with a trained eye they would never, EVER suggest that haircut for this person who started this thread.

I truly believe this person who started this thread was looking for opinions possibly thinking that many stylists post here. I don't feel that post was by anyone with a trained eye as a stylist. There are trolls on this board and many others who suggest some crazy, crazy stuff. To be into short hair is one thing but the cut needs to flatter the client and work with their face shape to accentuate their good features and minimize other features.

Edited by Claude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 8:54am
Yes I am looking for opinions /ideas.   Thanks still thinking on what I want to do. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2005 at 3:34pm
ok, what about something like these pics?
I like the frist two the best, still debating what to do.

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2005 at 8:48pm
I like the cut on the 2nd picture however I don't think you should go that short on your bangs. G'luck with whatever you choose tho.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 12:53am

The woman in the second pic scares me a bit, but that's probably just 'cause she's posing all open-mouthed like she's shouting at me.  *hides*

I like the first pic best.  The third pic is okay, I guess, but looks kinda wiggy.  It also reminds me of the Lauren Holly haircut everyone's been talking badly about on the celeb board.  Whether that's a good or bad thing, depends on your opinion of her cut, I guess.  *shrugs*

More awesome than a manatee!
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 8:11am
They all look like the same cut to me. Well, the last one is different. The bangs are the only thing that is different though and it doesn't look like they put texturizer in teh hair....er as much.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 7:59pm
I like number one, I've been wear my bangs back with fun hair clips latly. 
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 12:00am

Clippies are our friends ^_^ .  Er, so says the girl who's constantly pushing her hair out of her eyes lately unless she uses them. . .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 10:06pm
ok, you on the grow kuroneko?  one more 
baker46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 7:09pm

Looks like someone put a bowl on her head and cut around it! Her hair is quite a bit longer than your's on top, so I don't think this would work for you.

Seriously, your hair is already quite short, so there's not a lot you can do with it right now unless you go shorter...which I think would only make your face look fuller. If you want to make a change....grow it out some. It's a pain, believe me I know...but it's worth it. If you get your hair cut shorter you'll hate it because you'll have even less to work with.

Edited by baker46

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 8:03pm
Yes, its grow and I'm liking it more and more with the length, I think I may just do like a soft flip on the ends, its suits me very well. maybe some hilights or something.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:42am

I'm afraid that last pic looks like an overgrown bowl cut -_- .  Not very flattering.

*shrugs*  My hair is a little longer than it has been, but not much, except at the front, which like covers my eyes now if I don't keep it out of the way.  Surprisingly, I've managed not to live in clippies.  Not surprisingly, I spend a lot of time pushing my hair out of my eyes.  Not sure how long it'll go before I'm either satisfied, or too annoyed to deal and get rid of it.

bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 3:52pm

always_alone
You still look hot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic