Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ultra dry skin (need help badly!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ultra dry skin (need help badly!)
    Posted: November 22 2005 at 7:57am
Hi! I need help with keeping my skin from drying out this winter. I do have eczema and in the winter it gets worse since my skin dries out. I will not take medication for it since everything on the market does more harm than good.

Okay, so I was wondering what are some ways to keep my skin nice and moisturized? What should I use? I do not want to live through another winter of dry itchy chapped skin. Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention because I have eczema my skin is more sensitive. Please only products that are hypoallergenic and do not contain perfumes. I would hate to have a flare up trying to stop the flare ups.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 7:13pm

Why don’t you try using baby oil before you go to bed. You can get the less oily ones now so that it’s not greasy feeling on your skin. I think it works well for reducing winter dryness.

ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 10:33pm
I also am having problems with dry skin, wouldn't baby oil make you break out? I rather have dry skin, then zitty skin.
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 5:58pm

I find baby oil to be gentile… I mean why else would they use it on baby’s sensitive skin? It seems to work really well to keep your skin from drying out. Just a recommendation.

Edited by gossipqueen
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 6:51pm
You're right, I will have to check it out. Thanks!
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:13pm
I actually already got something for my skin. I got a moisturizer with cocoa butter in it because another person on another board who suffers from eczema too said it was good for my skin. So far it has had no reactions and keeps it moist.

This is not about having dry skin and zitty skin. My eczema can be VERY painful if the areas get dry. Think itchy. itchy skin that is the worst. And a chapped feeling where it is. Not fun!
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 2:54am
Have you tried The Body Shop Shea Butter, I find it's very moisturising and it was made for very dry skin; because TBS use natural products and their things are very concentrated (shea butter is the second ingredient after water) it should work well for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 3:31pm
Yes I use cocoa butter also its good as well.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 10:48am
Shea butter alone does wonders for me when my hands get super dry like that. 

Note:  Ultrarefined doesn't stink like unrefined and its otherwise good natural stuff.

Edited by Susan W
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Socks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Socks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 6:03am

Hi,

I only got Excema last year and I will never forget it as my skin has allways been really good anyway, just thought I would share this with you that I changed my diet and it has gone now about 8 months no flare I had allways got great clear skin but after I got that Excma my skin didnt look the best so I started getting facials every 6 weeks as my skin was dehydrated and started to drink lots of water, I use the products Dermalogica and they are perfume free there is noting in them so you can not get a reaction and they are brillerent, as before I was using Emulove and my face just looked wet as the cream was so greasy even putting foundation on top of it it just looked auful but with the dermalogica products that wetness has gone and my skin looks really well thanks be to god....

Ahhhh i know how you feel but I think you you just stay stress free and change you diet to be eating, fruit , veg, meat, fish, eggs, nuts, chicken dairy....etc...water is really good for your hair...

I hope this helps you, I am only new to this foreum as I only found it today....which I'm glad now that i did....

NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 12:31pm

I find Natural products are the most gentle for your skin.  Natural remidies for dry skin and eczema work very well. Oats are a great moisturizing cleaner that has been used for centuries against exczman and other skin problems.  Cocoa buter is a great moisturizer for the skin I have posted about it before.  I also make a scrub infused with herbs that helps sooth skin conditions too. 

Not all scents in products are bad either.  pure essential oils actually inhance the products in many different ways, they kill bacteria and viruses that cause skin conditions and promote many skin functions that help your body heal itself.

I make many effective natural skincare products that may help dry troubled skin. I have samples available too, just ask.

let your beauty be natural!!
butterflyglitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterflyglitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2006 at 8:57am
Baby oil, or i use vaseline, the think stuff, only costs 1.00!  Put it on your feet before bed, and put socks on.  When you wake your feet are soft.  Can do the same for hands with gloves.  We get real bad winters where i live, so i put some on my face at night, or right before bed, and leav it on for 20 mins, and wash it off, follow with a face mosturizer. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic