Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone detest braids and weaves?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
honestly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honestly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone detest braids and weaves?
    Posted: November 27 2005 at 2:11pm
hi there..  I am quite lazy and I like to basically get up and GO!  In the past few years my hair has been hidden under single extensions, kinky twists and braids..  (never had a weave).  I have found the braids and extensions put pressure on my hair though, pulling the hair back and thinning it out. I have let it rest from that now and i am doing daily routines to it with jojoba oil, shea, rosemary and so on....  BUT its a nightmare.

I have read that really we should not use braids or weaves or anything like that and we should just let our hair breathe and live and let it do what its doing! whats wrong with wearing our natural hair out? and whats wrong with doing our own styles with it?

I have recently just started to cornrow my own hair and then just put a fancy piece at the top.   my friend wants me to try a corkscrew weave, similar to what kelly rowland had.   I JUST DONT KNOW.  I wish I could just let my hair be and let it just do what it wants to do.  NEED ADVICE.   laziness is kicking in again... 

what do you guys say to this?  does anyone disgagree with wearing braids and weaves.?  any experiences?

Edited by honestly
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 7:33pm

I have weave experience,, i had severe awful awful
breakage from relaxer years ago and turned to
extensions ,, what i find is that theyre not too bad so
long as theyre not overtight and not too close to ur
temple area,, keep it more in the back, and leave hair
out on top( ileave LOTS), what i do is,, turn on the hot
water(got this from john frieda) and let the tracks stay
under the steam,, (not the water) to open the follicles
and loosen the track,, and i keep em in after theyre
sort of loose becuz its that tightness thats really
damaging,, what i HATE!! is that i get alot of shed
hair when theyre removed!! so idont do it toooften
but it looks too cute when theyre in
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 9:08pm
If you want to wear your hair out than you should do that...don't let your friends dictate your life. Do what you feel and how you feel like doing it. Nothing wrong with RELAXED or NATURAL hair.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 9:31pm

Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

If you want to wear your hair out than you should do that...don't let your friends dictate your life. Do what you feel and how you feel like doing it. Nothing wrong with RELAXED or NATURAL hair.

Exactly what I was going to say!

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 12:19am

I agree with both cookiesnkream and cmesweet. I have worn braids, kinky twist, cornrows, natural, relaxed and of course weaves as well as styling my own hair in a lot of different styles LOL...It all goes back to if the style was done correctly, properly maintained, not lefted in too long, not tight and so on. Some ppl just can't wear extensions or after a while cant wear them. I feel that theres nothing wrong with wearing our hair out, but one should do what they feel with it though and its certain reasons why some go for the extensions..such as growing hair out, constant style changes/whats hot, and a biggie with me> I wear weaves because I love to curl and use heat so its a lot safer on the weave than my hair. So it all boils down to ones personal preference and what they feel and not what another tells them or whatever. Therefore I dont disagree with anything... The way the world is now everyone knows about all the many things thats out that can enhance looks. HTH

ETA: Basically you have to do whats best for you

Edited by ThAbAdDeStBaBy
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 11:26am
I HATE BRAIDS AND WEAVES!I just dont like the feel of fake hair against my scalp.
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic