Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how do i get my waves back??????????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
YounG60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YounG60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do i get my waves back??????????
    Posted: November 28 2005 at 10:47am

Ey ppl,

i need sum opinions on how to get my waves on the top of my head back.. aite heres the story... I had my pattern from 6th to 11th grade neva breakin ..about 9th an 10th i started to mess wit S curls jus to get a softer texture..<this was all good ...roun 12th grade i grew muh hair ..ya kno braids an all tha for 2 years an then cut it...after my cut i retrained my hair an got my pattern back..aite.. i switched cities for a diff college an went to a new barber who lets jus say shouldve cut all my hair off! but as my hair grew back i put a Scurl n it..now ever since then which is about 4 months ago i cannot form any waves on the top of my head.. i have the ones on the sides and back but none at all on the top..it jus looks wierd.like my hair is wavy erry where but the top is just straight... now ive read many differnt techniques from here but nothing seems to be working..should i put a scurl n my hair hoping that it will add a curl to the straightened parts or what?.,.,. im open for suggestions...o an i have let the previous kit that was n my head subside..its been 4 months and have had multiple haircuts but nothin...thanks ppl ~`1`~

Blaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 11:41am

no...dont mess wit them kits no more..thas jus tryna find the easy way out n in the long run...it messed up ya hair..u mite have to cut ya hair low..and start from there...get a brush..n e kind u feel comfortable with or however many u want n jus brush..im tellin u form now...no matter wat n e one says..dont get all caught up in buyin mad products..like go get carrot creme and go get this n go get shea butter..n go get blah blah blah...nah..take it simple and easy and ull get the waves..trust me...after all them kits i suggest...

1. Get sum kind of moisturizer..pink lotion for instance..or carrot creme or suttin as many of these bandwagon riders will tell u..jus go to the store n read them and see which moisturizer u choose..this will keep ya hair moisturized and healthy..use a good amount..not too little and not a lot.

2. Get a durag or wave cap..w/e u feel comfortable with.

3. mos ppl on THIS SITE or on the other website 360waves.net will tell u not to use pomade bcuz all it does is hold and define...<b/s...get a pomade..it helps for waves trust me..everybody i kno with sick waves uses a pomade, brush, and durag..so dont worry..

u can get n e pomade u want..i suggest u only get like 1 or 2 in order to get the true effect of the product..theres a lot of good ones out there like (Murray's Superior Hairdressing Pomade-its thick but its good..mad ppl in my skool use it n got HOT HOT waves...Dax Wave and Groom..another good product..its thick..but it works...worked for me n everyone else i kno..360 Style-light pomade...it works wonders...Sportin Waves in the Black Can-light pomade..also good...SPortin Waves in the gold can-thick..also good) aum ppl jus stick wit vaseline..but i donno if u wuld wanna do that

its jus a matter of what u want to use..and when u use the pomade..dont use a lot of it otherwise it wont look good..jus use the right amount...use a lil bit at a time..n if u feel u need more add a lil more..

another product that sum ppl recommend is the scurl wave jel activator in the tube

its gonna take time to achieve the waves u want...but jus remember to brush..do not use a lot of products if u want results to come quicker..that is y i stick wit one pomade until it is finished to get the waves i got now..

ALSO...WASH YA HAIR..wit shampoo..n a conditioner if u please...as many times as u would like.. thas all the facts u need that ppl bin usin way back in the day..dont get caught up on this brainwash that u need MAD products..dont listen to it..its jus a waste of money..do wat i recommended to u..

and when u get a haircut get a dark ceaser wit the grain or a wave cut..ur barber should kno these terms...n e other questions jus give me a PM (private message)

Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 1:44pm
YO TRY MY METHOD AT SO SO RISPEY THAT SHOULD HELP THAT WAVE PROBLEM FAM TRY THE SHOWER METHOD TO AT SO SO CRISPEY WAVE METHODS
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 1:52pm
WELL BLAZE YOUR SORT OF RIGHT AND WRONG ON DA POMADE THE POMADE IS ONLY TO HOLD DOWN YA HAIR NOT GIVE YOU WAVES SOME PEOPLE USE POMADE TO GET A NICE GRIP HOLD SO WHEN U BRUSH IT WILL FEEL HARD TO BRUSH WITCH WILL MAKE YOUR WAVES MORE NOTICEABLE BUT POMADES ARE JUST TO HOLD HAIR DOWN HE KEY TO GETTING CRAZY WAVES IS JUST TO BRUSH MY DUDE AND YOU'LL BE BACK TO SPIN'IN IN NO TIME YOUNG60 ALSO CHECK OUT MY METHOD AT SO SO CRISPEY WAVE METHODS AND WHEN YOU DO YOUR PATTEREN DONT EVA BREAK IT AND IF U NEED MORE HELP U CAN ALSO PM ME TOO WHENEVA U NEED SOME KNOWLEADGE FROM DA ICE-MAN
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 1:55pm
ALSO DONT GET CRAZY WIT THE POMADE IF U USE IT CAUSE IF IT CAKES UP IT ANIT GOIN TO LOOK GOOD BUT IF YOUR TRYIN TO GROW YA HAIR OUT DENI WOULD USE MO THEN A DIME SIZE AMOUNT I USE ABOUT 2 OR 3 QUARTER SIZE AMOUTS TO GET MY WAVES SPIN'IN
LBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 2:47pm

they got it covered but yeah decide wat ur going to do between wat they said

let me put my opinion into it

get some hollywood beauty carrot creme, brush wit a hard or med brush to get ya waves and then if u want switch to a soft brush when ya waves r there

and u can use pomade but like ice said it doesnt make waves da key is brushing, so when ya not doing anything use some water on ya head and brush for lik 10mins or until it is dry

Al B Sure negro with the hair all wavy
Hit lakeshore girls go all crazy
Hit the freeway go at least bout 80
Boned so much that summer even had him a baby
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 2:56pm
YEAH THAT CARRO CREAM WORKS WONDERS MY DUDE
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 2:57pm
I MENT CARROT CREAM
Blaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 3:14pm
no no no..pomade does not jus hold ur waves....it does give u waves..im not sayin..u put it in and u got waves..yall cant tell me dat...when i started the wave game i did wat all the ppl that use their logic do...get a pomade, durag, brush....n our waves r spinnin...cuz most of yall thas doin all this carrot creme and lets jam and all this other b/s still dont got nice waves...pomade helps gettin waves along wit brushin...if u ask n e person outside of this site yall always get so damn surprised when they say all i do is brush for a lil but put in my pomade, brush for a lil bit again and put a durag on...yall get so surprised like its not possible..everyone in my skoo does that that has the nicest waves...sum of yall work so hard to get em and yall aint gettin no where wit it..comin back cryin talkin bout i tried the lets jam n carrot creme it didnt work and i tried all these methods n they did nothing...well if u jus b regular n simple..u'll get waves easily...sum of yall go outta ur way too much..n have the nerve tell ppl thas bein simple suttin..pomade dont give waves or doesnt help...ask n e body else thas not on the NET...n see wat happen..many times yall come on here talkin bout i seen this nigga waves spinnin n he sed all he do is brush for a while n use sportin waves...wat does that tell u???
Blaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 3:16pm

i kno wat im talkin bout..im not dumb...b simple...save money...but yall dont wanna listen...evry lil product sumone use that got nice waves yall wanna jump around n go get it...mad products...one head...not good..one product..one head..get the full effect

Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 3:19pm

OK WELL U KEEP SAYING POMADE GETS WAVES SO IF U THINK POMADE DOES WONDERS THEN OK BUT EVERYONE GOT DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON WHAT TO USE AND THEY STILL GOT CRISPEY WAVES HOMIE BUT WHATEVA U SAY MY DUDE I GUESS POMADES TO WONDERS

GQ Da Youngsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GQ Da Youngsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 3:39pm
I always thought it was all about the brushing
G.Q. The Youngest In Charge:

Im not conceited not im just confident/
If spinning rims could talk they would give my hair a compliment
Blaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:02pm
u tryna b sarcastic ice-man...think wat u want..and dont misquote me..jus read wat i write..pomade helps a lot or even jus vaseline...brushing helps more...thas wat mos ppl do..mos ppl that havent bin brainwashed by sum of the stuff on this site..no disrespect..but sum of yall b wastin money but yall dont wanna hear me..but thas wat mos ppl do now and did back in the day..not all of these complex multi-products methods...its coo if it works for yall  but..all that aint rilli necessary..use one product and get the full effect of it..im not tryna hate on yall or nuttin..im jus givin yall the simple facts...thas bin around..tryna help yall save money..but keep emptyin ya pockets if u want..i guess the only way for yall to listen or give respect is if im like a vgizzle or cedclark or cjay or 360spinna or suttin and sho my waves online??? and tell u that im jus usin a simple wave method which wat i keep tellin u..but i jus cant see myself takin pics of my hair and puttin it online..i dunno..but i cant..but jus do wat yall do tho..it aint nuttin...
Blaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:04pm
jus givin my opinions like yall do..but mos of yall admit..if u see a method thas so simple like mine..pomade, brush, brush throughout the day and durag...yall wouldnt do it...and why???
pmp4lfjmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmp4lfjmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:28pm
Or u could try my method its a good starter method well u dont have to use my method u can try man things but i think mymeth is good 4 starter i have a method call Vet methodso that method right there is only 4 starters so i update my secret method ight

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:38pm
Looks like they got all covered.
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
Blaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 5:04pm
yessir...its jus a matter of what he wants to do..
brush to spin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brush to spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 5:53pm

papaose is a beast
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 6:01pm

im here to tell you, lots of brothas have used pomade. pomade was invented a LONG time ago, and brothas have been using it every since. pomade is cool, and ull never catch me being the guy that says... give up on pomade, cuz it aint worth it. i started out on pomade and alot of ppl that have the nice waves used pomade when they first started out.

but, pomade does NOT create waves. it only holds hair down. brushing is the only thing that will give you waves. pomade may make some waves that you couldnt see otherwise appear because thas what pomade does, it enhances ur waves by giving them shine and definition, but it didnt create those waves.

save money? if you have pomade, you need a good moisturizer, then on top of that, you need a steady supply of shampoo to wash that stuff out. all that totals to a *wee* bit more than a some carrot creme, that cuts down on shampooing needs, and eliminates the need for a moisturizer.

none of the products that we are using are givin us waves. its all in the brushing. brushing staightens out the natural coils and kinks in ur hair giving you the appearance of waves. if you can explain to me in detail how pomade gives you waves, im willing to listen.

we have the advantage over the ppl not on the net, and so does everybody willing to listen. we're here to spread knowledge.

you wanna hear some meths i think that are jes as easy as

pomade, brush, du rag:

carrot creme, brush, du rag

blue magic, brush, du rag

water, brush, du rag

moisturize, brush, du rag

brush, du rag

brush

ill tell you one that wont guarantee waves tho:

pomade

sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 6:02pm
and to YounG60. you can try the h2o meth for ur top, or try using some curl activator for ur top, and jes keep up the brushing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic