Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ugh! stupid short hair by accident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ugh! stupid short hair by accident
    Posted: November 28 2005 at 11:45am

Ugh, my stupid hairdresser cut off all of my hair (more than 30cm!) at the weekend, I have ended up with short hair now by total surprise and I hate it.  It doesn't look that bad but I am just ANGRY because I was thinking that I would have my nice long hair for all the Christmas parties that are coming up.

Did anyone else cut off their hair by mistake and end up liking it?  Or, how long did it take to grow back?! <rolls eyes>

buzzedboblover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzedboblover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 1:57pm
How did it end up short by accident ?, please tell us more detail

Edited by buzzedboblover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 3:32am

Sorry I posted the whole sorry story on another board, this is what happened:

Went to the hairdresser on Saturday, he'd cut my hair twice before and both times said how nice it was (which is kind of flattering but beside the point now!)  It was around bra-strap length, dark, straight, shiny.  I wanted 2 or 3 inches off.

When he first started the cut he handed me the first piece of hair he snipped off, it was only about 2 inches long (the strand he cut off not the length of my hair left!)  Soon after that his sister came in (she doesn't work there) and he excused himself to go and speak to her quickly, I was just reading a magazine so I didn't really mind and anyway he came back a couple of minutes later and go on with the cut again.

Then a bit later I looked up into the mirror when he was re-positioning my head and I caught sight of a big heap of dark hair somewhere behind me.  I never dreamt that it had come off my own head, though (the salon was pretty busy) and I thought to myself, wow, someone's going REALLY short!  But you know how sometimes you look in a mirror and get the distances all wrong?  So near things seem far away and vice versa?  Well, I'd done that: eek.  Slow as you like I cottoned on to what was happening, my fingers flew up to the back of my head and he nearly chopped off one of them!

But that was not before I had felt my newly cut short hair and a big space where my long hair used to be all over my neck.  The only bits left bra-strap length were the two uncut sections on either side of the front of my head, which were still combed forward over my shoulders. 

I was stunned.  All I could remember was the feel of the short hair and my eyes were glued to the piles of wet hair fallen all over the floor.

Well, my hairdresser had no idea what was going on, bless him, I think he thought I'd gone crazy.  (I had!)  I said, what on earth have you done?  His face was all confused......well, it turned out that he'd cut someone's hair in the morning that was the same colour and similar length to mine and they had wanted a bob.  So he'd trimmed the first section of my hair then unpinned the next one over the top, gone off to say hello to his sister and come back, got mixed up and started cutting the bob. 

So by that point he was practically finished so he had to finish up and cut the other long hair even with the short parts.  That was the horriblest part - you know how wet hair is really heavy?  Suddenly he moved the scissors across my face and this huge chunk of hair dropped down into my lap, then he did the same the other side, ugh.  I was actually shuddering at that point. 

Well, luckily (!) he'd cut up just to my neck, which means that my hair ended up a tiny bit past the bottom of my ears, but IT'S STILL SOMEONE ELSE'S HAIRCUT! 

I'm annoyed because that was my longest-ever length (well, since I was much younger) and I'd been growing my hair for two years!  I wanted it all long and pretty for Christmas parties next month and my birthday next week.

Oh and I still forget that I have short hair whenever I go to brush it or whatever and when I wake up in the morning I am always alarmed to find no hair around me on the pillow.

No more hairdresser trips for me for the foreseeable future, anyway!  Beware, everyone!!

baker46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:45pm
I don't understand how you could just sit there when the inches started coming off! I would have yelled, "STOP!" or something. I hope you didn't pay for it, however, if you didn't say anything while he was cutting away then I guess you'll have to learn to live with it. BTW, how could he "mistake" you for someone else??? I'd get another stylist if I were you.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:26am

If having long hair for holiday parties is important to you, you can always buy a wig, or get extensions.  But you did say it doesn't look bad as it is, so maybe you'll like it after you take some time to get used to it?

I've had a few hair length accidents, but nothing that drastic.  (My hair is usually pretty short, anyway, so it can recover from most things pretty quickly.)  I usually just try to make the best of things until it gets better.

More awesome than a manatee!
HotBabe6356 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotBabe6356 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 3:37pm

If you like any ideas on how to style I could help. I'm a stylist so if you want any styles you could send me pics of your new haircut. My e-mail address is HotBabe6356@yahoo.com

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 8:45am

I wonder if this is on the level? Reads a bit like a tall story. Also, Trophywife (odd name!) lives in France, so maybe there was a language problem too?(if there's any truth in it, of course!) She seems to emphasize the mistake as a big one, but deep down doesn't seem phased by it at all.

Sorry if I'm misreading things here, but this is the impression I get.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 10:10am

Hey, I don't actually live in France, I live in an island just off the coast of Brittany.  Both English and French are spoken here; the nearest place listed on this site is France.  There was no language barrier, though, as I am bilingual!  It was just a horrible mistake.

I was gutted when it happened, I think I look much worse now than before, but there's not a lot I can do now and I am quite a philosophical, optimistic person in general so I guess you are right to say that I am not too phased by it.  At the end of the day it's only hair.

My hair also seems to have grown a little already!  It's a bit messy around the back now where the really short hair has started to grow out, so that has cheered me up A LOT. 

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 7:21am

I would love to see before and after pictures.  What style is your new, though, unwanted style?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 8:19am

I have a before picture but I don't know how to post it on here?

Certainly not going near a camera until it grows A LOT more!

New style is a bob, chin length, quite blunt but slightly flicky, a bit like Cameron Diaz's in Something About Mary, if that makes sense.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 8:21am

Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

If having long hair for holiday parties is important to you, you can always buy a wig, or get extensions.

Thanks.  I've been considering extensions, and my hairdresser said that he would get the guys at his salon to do them for free, but I've always thought that extensions look a bit chavvy, I would rather have my own boring short hair than ratty-looking extensions like Victoria Beckham!

Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

I usually just try to make the best of things until it gets better.

Me too - I'm trying!  I'm not too devastated, it was just a mega b*tch having this happen right before Christmas and my birthday. 

Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 9:44am
You poor thing... I think long hair support might be a better board to post this in though.

This forum is for people who admire short hair so you'll probably get the wrong kind of encouragment.

I'd hate if I spent years growing my hair very long, and someone just takes that away from me.
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 11:26am

WOW YOU ARE HOT

trophywife

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 2:56am
Originally posted by bean3270 bean3270 wrote:

WOW YOU ARE HOT

trophywife

Um...thanks?  Here is a pic of me with my old hair

bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 3:23pm

Do you have a picture of your new hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 2:30am

No way!  I'm really not that comfortable with it yet.

Guess someone might insist on photographing me over Christmas, though...

buzzedboblover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzedboblover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 9:15am
I fear it may be getting too cold under her bridge for photos !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 10:21am

???

I live on an island not under a bridge...

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by buzzedboblover buzzedboblover wrote:

I fear it may be getting too cold under her bridge for photos !!

Have we seen even one picture of you?  Hmm... yet we seem to "know" you well enough to not call you out as a troll.

I have no reason to believe that your claim has any basis in fact.  Let's keep an open mind, here.

bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 10:37pm

Any new pictures of you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic