Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! USED TO HAVE LONG HAIR!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! USED TO HAVE LONG HAIR!
    Posted: November 28 2005 at 11:51am

Ah, I used to have long hair, but not anymore, thanks to my goon of a hairdresser.  Ah, the poor guy, he confused me with another client and I got the wrong haircut.  How does that happen??  I think he felt worse than I did when we realised the mistake! 

Oh well.  I am hoping for some sympathy from you guys.  My hair was bra-strap length, it's dark, straight and quite shiny.  I get compliments pretty often (or used to get them - who compliments short hair?!  No one I know), which is sometimes a bit sleazy but usually well-meant and therefore very nice of people.  Now it's just under my ears.  I know how long it will take to grow back as I had hair about three inches longer than this nearly two years ago and I was at my longest-ever length just last week before THAT STUPID CUT.  (Grrr.)  That was with lots of trims, though.  I don't think I'll be having any more of them! 

But, seriously, is there anything scarier than seeing a whole huge pile of your own wet hair chopped off into a heap on the floor?  When you had no idea it was going to happen?  I've never been so alarmed in my entire life.

So be nice, I could use the sympathy! 

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 12:32pm
I would strangle the hairdresser!! This is the reason i don't go to hairdressers anymore. Please tell me you didn't pay for the cut??
I do feel sorry for you 
But on the other hand, do you like this new cut?
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 2:22pm

I'm betting its not as bad a s you think... do you have a picture?

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 3:40pm

First, I am very sad for you, T-Wife! I think that guy did as HE wanted, then feigned confusion when you were upset. He should be fired and fined for what he did! I hope you didn't pay this arrogant hacker.

Oh, and you would do well to avoid trims for a while. There is little reason, IMO, to get regular trims if your hair is one length. Full speed ahead! It's disgusting that anyone should EVER have to experience what just happened to you. Hugs, Bob

letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 3:45pm

Yeah, I hope you didn't pay for it.

And how did he confuse you with another client?  Don't you sit down and say, "I'd like a trim, please"?  I think as soon as I felt/saw him starting to snip that short I'd be like, "OKAY, STOP."

Anyway, there are lots and lots of perks to short hair.  I found that I could do a lot more experimentation with clips and bobby pins and actually have the style stay in.  I have no idea how to style my hair now that it's longer.  Shorter hair is also nice for winter because it dries a lot faster and you don't have to worry about messing it up with you put a jacket/scarf on.

And it will probably grow out faster than you think.  Now you can take a bunch of pictures as it grows out and be amazed!

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:35pm
I hope you are happy with your haircut and it grows back soon. Hopefully it'll be down to the FLOOR! soon. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 5:55pm

So sorry to hear that trophywife (love your nick btw!)

Hey Dave.....I'm looking forward to what you have to say about this one!!!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 6:00pm

Hi Trophywife,

Yiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! That royally sucks carpeting!  I think that's a horrible mistake to make - getting appointments mixed up.

If it makes you feel any better, I admire people who have short hair. More of the neck, cheekbones, and collar are exposed, and it really highlights features. And the BEST thing about short hair that I really REALLY REALLY miss is being able to "ruffle" my fingers through it, or let it loose in the wind. That. is. total. Bliss.

Do share a photo.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 3:37am

Thanks everyone!  That was all very good moral support!

No, of course he didn't charge me for the cut, he seemed way more upset than I was!

Came into work today and everyone said it looks good but I just preferred it the other way.

Will try and get a photo over Christmas although fingers crossed it'll be getting longer by then...

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 1:26pm
 Hmm... I saw your in-depth explanation in your posting on the "Short" board. Since he was cutting an extreme amount, at the least he could have asked if you were still sure about the change BEFORE he made the first big snip. Completely inexcusable, IMO! You have a charitable attitude that serves you well. As for me, I'd have gone ballistic. Best, Bob
baker46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 5:47pm
I'd like to know how many times are you going to post this? This is the 3rd posting on this. It's hair.....it'll grow back!!!! IMO, if you sat there the whole time it was being chopped off and didn't say a word, then you shouldn't be looking for any sympathy. Seems to me it was your own fault. Get over it and move on!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 2:41am

Thanks, Bob.

And baker46, could you be less sympathetic?!  (No, in all seriousness, I appreciate that I am a little traumatised by this and have probably mentioned it too much, sorry!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 2:42am

Originally posted by baker46 baker46 wrote:

Seems to me it was your own fault.

? How comes?

I'm trying to get over it!

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 5:19am
Baker, you are obviously in the wrong forum if you don't think that hair or length are importent..
Trophywife deserves all the sympathy she can get, what happend to her is not something any of us would like to go throuh our selves... 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 9:31am
Thanks, Vicky :)
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 1:12pm

Originally posted by baker46 baker46 wrote:

I'd like to know how many times are you going to post this? This is the 3rd posting on this. It's hair.....it'll grow back!!!! IMO, if you sat there the whole time it was being chopped off and didn't say a word, then you shouldn't be looking for any sympathy. Seems to me it was your own fault. Get over it and move on!

Shut up! Once someone has had a giant chunk out of their hair you can't exactly say "can you put it back please?" You need to have it finished. Running out of the place with hacked hair is worse than getting it to look decent after the mistake is made.

Edited by Hellfrozeover
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 10:25pm
You should have made them give you hair extensions @ a heavily reduced price. It's only fair.

But yeah, I wouldn't suggest growing this one out, try and save up for extensions or get them to give it to you cheap.

Baker, long hair takes up to 3 years to grow. So it's not as easy as "Hair grows back". That's 3 years of her life she will miss out on having the self image she wishes she had. I can't think of anything more horrible.

I'm so glad I got over my fear of short hair and cut if off, because when it does grow back in a few years time, I know that it's not such a tragedy then.

But not everyone feels that way...

Edited by Rosalie
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 7:11am
Most of your points are pretty good but extentions just aren't the same as having natural long hair.
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 9:11am
Still, it's better than having short hair if you don't want it. I'm thinking of getting extensions myself when I get bored of short hair.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 1:42pm
I had extentions before and they damaged my hair so much.. But i guess it's up to everyone to decide.. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic