Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too red

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FunnyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too red
    Posted: November 29 2005 at 10:29am

With a platinum color hair dye (usually a 12.1 or 12.11) use only the color in the tube, do not use the oxidizer.  Then, wet your hair, and massage your hair with a very small (about a dime size) amount of the dye from the tube.  The excess of red should come out immediately, but if you still feel there's too much red, you can let that set for about 5-10 minutes, no more than that.  

It should be okay for you to color your hair again in about 15 days, it's always better to wait a month though if you can, but if your hair is in good condition (deep condition once a week), 15 days should be okay.  If you add a chestnut/hazelnut color to your hair, that is already reddish, it'll probably still stay red.  I recommend you use an ash color to your hair (say you want a light golden brown 5.3 use instead a light ash brown 5.1), so it'll neutralize the red more.  Some hairstylists don't recommend you use and ash color after a golden one has already been applied because it might turn out too ashy.  I personally haven't had a problem with that since everything I put on my hair turns out reddish (even ash tones).  I suggest you try the ash first, and if you feel your hair is too ashy (which VERY rarely will happen) you can add a temporary hair dye over it with a golden hue.  Just remember that whatever color you use should be either in the same level as your current color, or darker, otherwise you won't get the result you want since color does not lighten color, you'd probably have to use a hair stripper again in that case.

Good luck and let us know how your locks turned out. ^^ 

¤·· Fµnn¥ Gïr£ ··¤
lpolensky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpolensky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 8:29am
Hi there.  I have had my hair black for about 6 months and decided to change it.  I went to the salon this morning and they stripped the black out of my hair and then re-colored it.  The black came out of my hair really really well, however, the new color the stylist put in is WAY too red!  I can't stand it!  It's a really dark auburn which is not at all what the color sample looked like, nor what I wanted.  She said that it is a semi-permanent but that it shouldn't washing out nor fade very much.  Now I don't know what to do.....I'll wait 48 hours and see if it looks better but if it doesn't, what is the best course of action?  My hair has been through a lot today and I don't want to damage it by re-coloring too soon.  When can I color it again to the color that I want? (which is a med-dark brown with golden/hazelnut tones).  What color should I use to achieve the color that I want?  Thanks so much for the help!

Edited by lpolensky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic