Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric and Ann Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 10:01am
Yep...so much for that!
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 11:31am
I missed that this morning of Ann talking about her hair. Didn't know her daughter had cut hers already, waist length is a lot of hair to donate. Ann confirmed it in her talking it is going to happen . We'll just have wait and see when it takes place. Hopefully not till she turns 50, but I doubt that. So lets just enjoy Ann's beautiful LONG LOCKs till it happens. I think she looks great with it this long, much better than her short cuts. wonder how short she'll go since she going to do it sometime. Not really short I hope
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 3:49pm
I am suprised that Ann didn't change her mind about LOL. I guess all the complements about how good she looked with long hair wasn't enough.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

I am suprised that Ann didn't change her mind about LOL. I
guess all the complements about how good she looked with long hair wasn't
enough.

If someone doesn't like long hair on themselves, why would compliments
change their mind? She has to wear it.

Anne's hair looks about the same length it has for a year. If she hates it and
wants to cut it, why hasn't she cut it already?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 9:58am

Yes, there do seem to be certain ambiguities present in the situation.

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 1:32pm
Truly a shame, Kramer! I'll bet she's postponed cutting b/c she dreads all the negative mail. It's a sad thing when a woman with such feminine, spectacular hair "hates" it. Ah well! Bob
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Truly a shame, Kramer! I'll bet she's postponed
cutting b/c she dreads all the negative mail. It's a sad thing when a
woman with such feminine, spectacular hair "hates" it. Ah well! Bob

Bob, I have to question your presumptions here. How do you know
she'll get negative mail, or that she "dreads" it? Why is it sad for a
woman to hate her hair if she didn't grow it as a personal choice (but
rather for charity)?

I understand your disappointment and the advance mourning of the
long hair - I'd be the same way if Melina Kanakarides (sp?) were
having her curls chemically straightened. But I wouldn't fault her for
being sick of a style she's tried for a long time, or assume she gets
negative mail. Except from me, of course.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
dalton024200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalton024200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 11:29pm
Hoefully she does it on the show. I would like to see her cut it really short above her ears.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 7:52am
By the way, the last two days, Katie has had her hair parted on the left side again -- the way I prefer. However, she also seems to be tilting her head more as well.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 2:19pm

"Mourning" is way too strong a word. I rarely watch Today even *with* Ann's long hair. When I do tune in, the hope of seeing it is the only reason, I admit! (lol) But 90% of the time I think of Ann, it's b/c of her threads here. Any time a woman attains such magnificent tresses, yet finds no joy in them, I find it a little sad.

This probably belongs on the "Politics" board, but I think many "professional" women who grew up in the 70's have an ingrained belief that long hair fails to garner respect from others, and that the hair itself is "girlish". I think that theory is outdated, but persistent. I was hoping that through Ann, others might break free of the bonds of the stereotype. Maybe she herself has, or never believed it in the first place, but I have difficulty comprehending that after all her effort in *intentionally* achieving her wonderful cascade of hair, she now claims to "hate" it.  Smacks of past hauntings to me. Blessings, Bob

dotgov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotgov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 7:40pm
Ann talked about her impending haircut this morning because Katie and Matt were discussing that many viewers had written the show following the segment about long hair on 40+ year old women to say how much they liked Ann's hair.  Ann reiterated that she was growing her hair for LOL and that she hated having long hair.  She said she hadn't cut it yet because the show's producers were controlling when the cut would occur but they'd just decided that Ann would have it cut on the air on March 1.  Ann offered to let Katie do the cutting, but Katie declined.  They did say that the producers were debating having a contest to see how Ann's new style should look but hadn't yet decided if they'd do that.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 10:34pm
That explains why she hasn't cut the hair. On TV, you don't control your hair.
They worry about what people like Bob think and take their time to make a
decision. It's one of the trade offs of getting paid so much.
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 12:50am
All I got to say then  is lets enjoy Ann's beautiful LONG LOPCKS till then / Hopefully maybe if we try hard enough the producers will tell Ann to keep fairly long ,if not really long. Maybe it;ll be waist length when all done and said
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 1:32am

Sorry for the misprints. I guess I'll record every day til the cut on March 1st. To everyone enjoy those lucious locks till then!!! Please Ann Decide not too short.!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalton024200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:00am
I can't wait until March 1. Hopefully she cuts it really short, maybe above her ears & shaved up in the back!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalton024200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:05am

http://www.cameroncole.com/gallery/News_Babes/Other/Ann_Curr y/200503010006.jpg 

This style is what I would love to see Ann go back to.

94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:06am
Shaved up the back I doubt it but could be fairly short. I'd rather see some length to it.
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:08am
Pic is great but ja tad too short for my taste. shoulders is what I prefer.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:03am
Well I did post on the Alex about NBC having control. So with this info about her getting it cut March 1. Now let the games start. Why not bring in the chair from Fear Factor? Bring in rateing for both shows?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:30am
Guess this thread will collapse a couple of weeks after March 1....whoops...still Katie to consider.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic