Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric and Ann Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 2:44pm

100!!! 

YAYYAYYAYYAYAYYAY

We did it gang!  We all did it together!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ononotdon
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 4:42am
*dies*
More awesome than a manatee!
lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 1:55pm
          Their will be alot more posts on about Ann......Hopefully on past March 1st too.    
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 6:55pm
I'm sure there will be. Anyway lets see how many pages can be added to just one subject. LOL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 1:10pm

On the "Today Show" webpage:

Thinking of getting your long locks buzzed?

Tell 'Today' your hair tale and get a cut with Ann Curry on Wednesday, March 1, for a worthy cause. See below for details

for more, go to

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11119442/

HAWG
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 4:05pm
Looking for others to join in the fun or get thier 15 mins. How many do you think they will get? I'll go with 5.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 4:42pm
And after their fame is over they'll start crying because they know that they made the wrong decision.
I can't believe so many women fall for it. I mean they don't even get paid to donate.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 4:45pm
   Well I have been e-mailing today every other day asking for Ann to reconsider in not donating her hair.   Just figured letting her know that some of us think she looks awesome right now doesn't hurt. 
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 5:22pm

Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

And after their fame is over they'll start crying because they know that they made the wrong decision.
I can't believe so many women fall for it. I mean they don't even get paid to donate.

Getting "paid" to donate?  Isn't that the point of donating to a charity, that is not to get paid?  Odd choice of words, but I get what you mean, don't agree, but you have an interesting point.

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 6:16pm

Originally posted by lhairfan31 lhairfan31 wrote:

Well I have been e-mailing today every other day asking for Ann to reconsider in not donating her hair.   Just figured letting her know that some of us think she looks awesome right now doesn't hurt. 

You know, I just e-mailed Ann at The Today Show as well and it made me feel good that at least I tried. I think it's kind of a lost cause. however. Can you imagine after all of the promotion they're putting into it that she would back out? Especially when you consider she supposedly came up with this to remember her late mother's memory? No way she's changing her mind. But it still felt good trying.

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

And after their fame is over they'll start crying because they
know that they made the wrong decision.
I can't believe so many women fall for it. I mean they don't even get paid to
donate.

Because it's automatically the wrong decision to cut your hair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 9:21pm
    I`m sure their will be others that day donating their long hair so if Ann did decide to keep it, I don't think it would be too big a deal.  It wouldn't be like their doing this just solely on her and no one else.  Lets keep those e-mails going to the Today show, Ann may not know just how many people really do Love her long hair.  I really think she would change her mind if she knows how many adore her long locks. 
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 10:20pm

Originally posted by lhairfan31 lhairfan31 wrote:

I really think she would change her mind if she knows how many adore her long locks. 

Wow.  What's the weather like in your world? 

Seriously, though, if you want to get behind a cause, then harass (harrass?  harras?  bother?) the news department to get LoL to explain their accounting their knock on the Give.org charitable organization list if for no other reason than to make this whole issue go away.

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 11:20pm
The sense of ownership some people have for Ann Curry is... well...
disturbing. She doesn't like her hair long. I'd think that would be enough
for anyone to respect her decision. Why should she take anyone's
preference over her own.

JF, there is no accounting knock on Give.org. That's a myth spread by
people who don't want women to cut their hair. Locks of Love met 15 of
16 Standards for Charity Accountability. They failed to meet the other
one, only because they declined to provide one financial document to the
BBB. The BBB is not a public organization and Locks of Love is not
required to provide them anything. This report is over three years old.
That makes it irrelevant.

There are no financial irregularities. They've never had complaints about
financial problems or been accused of anything. The government has
never had any problems with them. People spread misinformation about
them. I'm not an advocate for LoL. I would never push anyone to donate.
It's their hair. I know that people that do are pretty happy when they do. A
family member does have alopecia. I am sensitive to what LoL does. I've
never seen an Internet argument against them that holds water.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 7:12am
There you go someone has counter with some facts. I been waiting for someone to light the other side. Thanks Rod.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 8:32am

Rod, sorry about your family member with alopecia, but even you've got to admit that LoL must have a warehouse full of hair that the group will never use. Females of all ages cut off their ponytails every day across the USA and donate them to LoL. The donations must outnumber the need.

To me, this is more about 1) what I like and 2) the result of all this.

I like long hair and I like Ann Curry much better with long hair. I never even noticed her when she had short hair. It was always "Katie, Katie, Katie" on The Today Show. Now, Ann is stunning.

Ann and her network are conspiring to turn her haircut into a ratings bonanza. They're soliciting others to join in -- all for ratings. Ann will go from the anchorwoman with the beautiful long hair to the anchorwoman who cut her hair. To me, she won't be as easy on the eyes. I'll never look at her the same way.

Lovers of long hair, like myself, will watch and hope cutting beautiful long hair for charity's sake doesn't become a nationwide epidemic.

I know, you have to respect Ann's decision. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 8:37am
    Too bad they atleast don't give her a few segments inbetween the Olympics coverage though.  Especially since their are no games going on at that time.   Only news segments for the next two weeks sure isn't enough.  Notice too Ann the last couple of days has just been wearing her hair in a bun, getting use to that length probably.  
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 8:52am
It does sound like they have more than they need. Unless someone
actually goes to their offices, how would we know? I don't think you can
take a few bits of information out of context and assume you know. I
have no problem if they sell hair to finance the charity. That's what
charities do. They sell things they get to operate. If someone doesn't want
to donate because LoL may have enough ponytails, fine. If someone
wants to, fine. Even if no little girl gets the ponytail, the person donating
feels good.

Kramer, I have no probelm with you liking long hair, although I think that
you're rather singular in your preferences. My issue is when you think that
Ann should bow to your preferences, when you think that if she knew
how much you like her long hair, she'd keep it.

Of course, NBC is in it for ratings. That's what they do! They try to get
viewers. I understand that if every American woman cut her hair, you'd be
disappointed. Don't worry. Women do that every day. And other women
grow their hair out everyday.
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 11:14am
Well said!! here's a question for thoese with children would YOU break a promise to Your child if they asked you to do it with them and said yes?  I know I couldn't an I don't have any. Ann did this with her daughter TOGETHER.. Just hope she doesn't go too short
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

JF, there is no accounting knock on Give.org. That's a myth spread by
people who don't want women to cut their hair. Locks of Love met 15 of
16 Standards for Charity Accountability. They failed to meet the other
one, only because they declined to provide one financial document to the
BBB. The BBB is not a public organization and Locks of Love is not
required to provide them anything. This report is over three years old.
That makes it irrelevant.

There are no financial irregularities. They've never had complaints about
financial problems or been accused of anything. The government has
never had any problems with them. People spread misinformation about
them. I'm not an advocate for LoL. I would never push anyone to donate.
It's their hair. I know that people that do are pretty happy when they do. A
family member does have alopecia. I am sensitive to what LoL does. I've
never seen an Internet argument against them that holds water.

Really wasn't meaning to get into this and Rod, I completely aware of everything you've said (see my myriad of past posts on this).  My point was that the Give.org item is usually the only piece of concrete evidience the anti-LoL folks point to and the rest is extrapolated from their interpretations of what they've found on the website or outright hearsay.

All I was saying was that, at this point, I'd like for either NBC to take two minutes of the hype for Ann's haircut to clarify some of this stuff or for LoL to just update their info with Give.org.  Again, I don't think LoL remotely deserves the rumor, innuendo, and inference of "evil" some in this community foist upon them.  I just wish someone (NBC, LoL, SOMEONE) would finally take the time to refute the easily refutable stuff.

Ending my commentary on this yet again,

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic