Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Its such a long process!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Its such a long process!
    Posted: December 03 2005 at 2:41pm

I am trying to grow my hair but its so hard. I have been dealing with it the best I can and doing well but It’s starting to get to me. Sometimes I think my hair is growing and then other times I think it hasn’t, but that may be due to the fact that I have to look at it every day. I just wish it could grow to the length I want it (to my hips) over night. It is almost waist length, in fact its pretty much there but my hair grows rather slow. And beside that it seems to bother me so much more. It seems to get pulled by everything my clothes my jewelry, my boyfriend sometimes pulls it just by sitting next to me, it gets stuck under my arm, things I have never noticed before. How do you guys deal with the slow growing process?

Edited by gossipqueen
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 8:51pm

You mentioned that it's getting in your way. How about updos or braids? That always helps me forget how long it is. Then after so many days of wearing my hair contained, I take it out and think, "Daang it feels long"

HTH
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 9:57pm
Woah! Hair to your WAIST? That sounds pretty long to me! Keep up the good work - and I think Anais is right - after a few weeks of braids or buns, you will be shocked at the growth and health of your hair when you let it out to play!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 3:39am
I agree with Anais too. Your hair sounds a similar length to mine (I can touch the my hipbones with the ends but it's not hip length yet) but for some reason I don't think mine gets in the way. Do you usually wear your hair loose?

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 9:21am

Anais: Maybe you are right about wearing it up and then taking it down and noticing the difference. That would be nice because as it is right now it just looks the same to me every time I see it. I do need something that will make me feel like I’m eventually going to get somewhere. My birthday On December 24th and I was hoping I would notice a big difference by then…maybe I should wear it up every day till then lol.

Special kitty: yes my hair is about waist length but for some reason it doesn’t look very long to me maybe it’s because I use to have longer hair, or I just find the growing process to be so slow. But thanks for the encouragement.

Lady frog: your hair is beautiful, to me your hair looks longer then mine, but I don’t usually get to see my hair from the back. It just seems to take forever I guess I’m feeling a bit discouraged at the moment. And yes my hair does get in the way. I do wear my hair loose, I figure my hair is SLOWLY getting longer and it would be a shame to tie it up all the time. Maybe I haven’t found the right style? How so you wear your hair when it isn’t loose?

At the moment it seems to get caught on everything and I really don’t know how I’m going to manage having it longer if it bugs me so much now. I also don’t know how I’m going to manage to take care of my hair. The longer it gets the harder it gets to manage and the more time I have to spend on it. My hair I naturally curly I wear it straight. I’m mixed with east, Indian, Trinidadian Irish and Spanish!! I know that’s a lot!  I have hair like…well I have never met anyone with hair like mine to be honest. It can be very curly and gets a lot shorter when it is or very long and pin straight.

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 9:55am
I usually put my hair in a single plait at the moment because I don't have much time in the mornings to mess with my hair. However, when I have time, I like to put my hair up. I used to always ponytail it or wear it loose but they always got more tangles. I know what you mean about wearing your hair loose but I think that if you do that, it will get in your way more. Save it for special occasions and everyone will go, 'wow-your hair's so long!' 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 5:27pm
thanks lady frog I will try and save it for special occasions

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 9:29am
any time

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 5:17am

I must enjoy torturing myself because I always seem to read the long hair posts AFTER I've just gotten a hair cut  ... and then it makes me wish MY hair was long! Technically it is long -- I mean, it's past the shoulders -- but nowhere near as long as your guys'! Oh well, at least it does grow fast. Anyway, everybody's hair is so pretty.

Hey Gossip, I think maybe this is like the old saying of "A watched pot never boils" (is that how it goes?); you're probably just way too conscious and aware of your hair. Maybe if you could take the focus off of it, you'd feel better. I don't pay too much attention to mine -- well, I let it grow but I don't have any goals for it and don't measure it and all that stuff -- just every once in a while it seems like it's grown a foot overnight. Either I or someone else will notice how long it's gotten in what seems such a short amount of time. I think it's just that nobody was paying that much attention to it. Know what I mean? Anyway, I'm rambling and I don't know if this is making any sense.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 8:59am

Alayney, I don’t think I am familiar with that saying but I like it. I understand what you are saying. I’m trying to take the good advice that I got and I have started to wear my hair up. It turned out to be rather good because my up dos don’t require as much styling and flat ironing witch I use to do everyday. But When I do wear my hair in up dos for a week or so and then  let it down I do notice the new growth. My birthday is on the 24th so I’m trying to wear it up until then. I guess I was just getting a bit frustrated that it wasn’t getting to where I want as fast as I want it to. I have just added a fast absorbing liquid vitamin to my vitamin regime so I hope that helps. I guess I’m just going to have to try and be patient.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 9:02pm
Almost waist length?!  Take comfort in your current long hair length, gossipqueen!  Just take good care of it, do periodic S&D, avoid salons(!), and I can practically guarantee it'll grow longer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic