Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

so, I bought some scrunchies...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: so, I bought some scrunchies...
    Posted: December 04 2005 at 10:11pm

On some advice here instead of ouchless elastics...

And they look pretty stupid... death to the scrunchy!

I can feel it slipping out already and it's only been in for 2 minutes.

Gotta love heavy long hair!

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 2:08am

Between a rock and a hard place, I see.

I think it also depends on HOW you use the scrunchie. It's best used for low ponies, for securing the ends of braids, and for doing segmented ponies a.k.a. Bubbatails. Not for holding a high pony if that's what it's doing for you. There are a lot of different kinds of scrunchies out there, so don't feel limited. You could also take the sacrifices and go back to ouchless elastics if they work better for you, but there's a trade-off. You'd have to pick between the lesser of two evils: severe damage or 'stupidity'? 

I hope you find a happy medium

The velvet scrunchies are especially nice.

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 6:52am
Yeah, I don't wear mine out anymore, but they're great for getting the hair out of the way around the house.  Some don't stay in on me either, (especially satin ones) but sometimes you can get them to if you put in one, wrap your hair around it in a bun, then put another one over it.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 7:38am

I think a good solution for me... would be to learn how to french braid very quickly.

Except that I'm a perfectionist, and therefore french braids take me forever to put in...especially on myself.

But for now *puts hat on fuzzy head* I should get to class. Haha.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 7:45pm
Maybe 10-12 years ago I used to buy cotton cloth-covered elastics.  They used to hold quite well.  But since then I haven't been able to find anything but terrycloth-covered elastics.  The terrycloth is largely (if not entirely) made of synthetic (plastic) material, and does not hold in place at all.  Basically, it sux.

I use the Goody ouchless elastics to tie off the end of my braid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic