Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 inches shorter :/

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 inches shorter :/
    Posted: December 05 2005 at 9:35am
I decided to go ahead and straighten my hair last night and it seemed okay.... in art class I was really bored and started playing with my hair when I found a whole chunk of illegal immigrant split ends. I came straight home and went a bit scissor psycho, cutting two inches off it. Although I needed it and my hair now feels amazingly thick, I'm not too sure if I'm happy.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 10:10am

HFO, how long is your hair now, after cutting it? Were you regularly straightening it? Your hair in the pic is very pretty.

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 12:59pm
I straighten it about once a month. It's down to the middle of my shoulderblades now but it was at the bottom of them before. I'm getting used to it now though.
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 5:24pm

It’s always a bit horrible when you have to loose any length, but if your hair benefited from the trim then it may grow in even healthier, dont worry

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 7:09am
I know the feeling.  When I was in my first year of growing it out, I went scissor psycho WAY too often trying to get it to be perfect so it would grow long nicely, and wound up messing it up a little.  I cut 2 inches off in total the first year which probably wasn't necessary (I wasn't straightening or damaging it in any way at that time), and I over dusted my top layer so it looks all frizzy-halo now from about 6 inches on (I managed to stop when I saw how bad I was making it look).  It.....takes.....restraint.....    

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 8:17pm
Woah...   hmm.... maybe next time just do S&D, "forever" if that's what it takes... and no length trims.  Hang in there... k? 

Edited by DaveDecker
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic