Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seeing a lot of long hair lately?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeing a lot of long hair lately?
    Posted: December 05 2005 at 12:56pm
Hi Everyone! Just wondering if anybody is noticing an increasing number
of long haired people...it seems like all of my friends are growing their
hair out (unbenounced to each other!) Also, I notice many strangers seem
to have longer styles. (when I say long, I mean like bra strap level or
longer) I live in New Jersey, is anybody else noticing this trend where you
live? Or is it just because I've become more concientious of long hair that
I'm just now taking notice? I decided to post this topic after hanging out
in a local college bar I noticed that all but a few (girls anyway, not many
guys) were sporting long hair.
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 2:54pm
The opposite for me. I have two friends who have decided to grow their hair longer (one is like me-she says she wouldn't want it longer than knees but the other one thinks truly long hair is disgusting and is aiming for just above elbows)

A lot of people seem to be going longer where I live even though short is now fashionable.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 5:09pm

I also have been noticing a lot of people with long hair, but I think that when you are trying to grow your hair you become more susceptible to notice long hair. Until I started to grow my hair I have never really paid close attention to noticing the lengths of peoples hair, but now that I am trying to grow my hair I’m more conscious of it.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 5:41pm
I notice ppl's hair length now too, but I have not seen many really long-haired girls around me. The longer than bra-strap length girls all seem to have processed, ratty hair too   I have seen only 3 really long haired ladies recently and two of them were indian women. They have such gorgeous hair!  I'm learning all about indian hair care right now, and am adopting some of the techniques.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 6:54am
I'm seeing more long haired women now than I did last year.  Seemed like every girl at the college I transit through every day had a chin to shoulder length (usually blonde highlighted) bob.  At least there seems to be a little more variety around this year with some of them having longer hair.  I guess I never notice when its really short because I can't say if I've seen more very short hair or not.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 6:16pm

Most of the girls at my high school,in California,  have medium length hair. Which to me means at the shoulder blades. However their is this one girl in my Spanish (I really really hate that class with a passion) with long-virgin- very light blonde hair to her waist. When I get the urge to cut I just look over at her and remind myself why I am growing it out!

and Missrini, I read somewhere why indian women tend to have beautiful hair is because they don't mess with it! Like how we have all the products and hot styling tools that do more wreak then good, and of course they also use Henna

Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 11:09am
Also genetics-their hair is stronger and will therefore grow longer and be thicker. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 12:44pm
Your are right the indian women do have nice thick hair.  I have seen pictures of indian women with knee length and floor length hair a truely spectacular sight.I love the idea of having super long hair myself although I  dont think I could deal with the maintinance of it. I think I would be happy with my hair as long as ladyfrogs her hair is sweet,  although you never know when I reach that I may want longer to fingertip then knee and I may even want the floor permitting it grows that long. You have to admit having knee length or longer is quite tempting.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 1:04pm
I have seen a few - some teenagers and at least one adult woman with nice, waist-length hair.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 6:27pm
Ohhh Indian women have some of the most beautiful hair I have ever seen  A few weeks ago I saw a lady with a knee-length braid. I love how the Indian culture "fosters" long hair and gives positive reinforcement for it.
my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Sugaree Sugaree wrote:

Hi Everyone! Just wondering if anybody is noticing an increasing number of long haired people...

Hi Sugaree,

Yes, I have noticed this trend also.  It's great to see.  More variety of lengths now (meaning, more long hair) than I've seen in a very long time.
chitraa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chitraa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2007 at 12:45pm
nice to see beautiful long hair - waist & below, thick n healthy. some women are going in for longer styles, some guys too
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2007 at 9:49pm
I have been seeing longer hair for quite some time now. I have said it before, and I will say it again, it is about time!!!!!Clap
I have had long hair since my late teens, and have been "out of style" since about that time. I have always had  the I don't care I want long hair mind set, but it looks like we just might be coming "into style". I must say, that it will be pretty weird to be "in" if this is the case, which it seems it is.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2007 at 9:55pm
yupTongue!!! the other day i saw this lady with gorgeos light brown curly thick fairytale like wavesThumbs%20Up down to her waist. She looked like a queen of the forest Big%20smilecus of her hair and dress she was wearing
SomeAbsurdNerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SomeAbsurdNerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 9:59pm
Personally I've noticed a lot guys are growing their hair longer. I dunno, maybe it's just because I've grown my hair out and now I'm starting to notice it more.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 10:23am
Ya, guys are wearing there hair longer. I would like to my husband to grow his out, but he doesn't want to go through the transition stage. He has had it longer before  I met him. I never got to see him with long hair!CryBummer!

I want to have fairy tale hair!Thumbs%20UpLast fall,( before my hair was cut) my cousin got married, and had a Cinderella/renaissance wedding. One of the guests  said I and my brother's girlfriend  should have been in the wedding because we had the hair for it. My hair was longer, at my waist, and hers was about 6 inches shorter, but we both had the same curl/wave pattern .
Anyhow, what a great description of a goal!
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 1:13pm
I am working on growing my hair to my waist.  I think I have about six inches to go (maybe less)

I am running into some issues.  I used to have hair to my elbows, got daring and cut a bob.  it was cute for about two seconds and then I started growing it out.  during the time I was growing it out, I was coloring it purple and red, throwing in hi-lites and such.  I'm really surprised it isn't more damaged - I was blow drying it everyday

I have stopped with the red and purple and only get it colored my "natural" brown color three times a year.  I am working on my hair getting to one length, but I've noticed my hair feels thinner.  I'm kinda freaking out.  I don't know what to do.  I take a multi vitamin and hair vitamins every day and I do my best to wash it every other day

~can anyone give me advice?  I'm kinda getting frustrated.  I've been growing it out for nine years
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 1:46pm
Do you still blow dry it? I would stop processing it as much as possible. Do you take any oils, like fish, flaxseed? I would add both. I take cod liver, and flax seed. Also what kind of products do you use? if you use any with silicones in them do you clarify at all? You need to or else the cone build up can cause breakage. If you are dropping hair more than usuall try adding biotin. It will be in the other vitamins, but it is a water soluable vitamin, so what your body doesn't use will just be flushed out. It is used alot for hair health. I hope this helps some.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 3:51pm
     Here in NE Pa, more women over 30, esp. those over 40, are definitely on the grow. Quite enjoyable transformations on many! Younger women, though, have gone shorter and more layered, rarely to their benefit. The stright, fine layered cuts are often make the hair look like hay. That's the bad news! (lol)
     At Hershey Park (SE Pa.) a few weeks back, there were but two women whose hair even approached my wife's length. Clearly a  trendier, more "professional" and unimpressive scene, from a guy's POV, the closer to Philly one gets! Blessings, Bob
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 10:17am
Alisa,
I do not blow dry my hair at all.  the only time it sees a dryer is when I get it colored and cut.  I tried taking fish oil and it make me sick (not to get too personal) when I would burp all I would get was fish taste.  it made me throw up - I sorta put an end to that quickly

I did want to ask you about CO and WO.  how long did it take you to adjust to not washing with shampoo?  I would love to stop using shampoo.  I was also curious about extending my days between washing.  I do have an oily scalp so I do every other day.  some days my hair is just gross and I throw on a cap

I will check my products for cones.  I use all sorts of products (I'm kind of a junkie)  I'lls ee what I can find out about my products.  I hate to say it, but I think I may need to get a health cut and get about two (yikes) inches cut off - I don't want to lose two inches!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic