Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

longest hair I have seen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 9:05am

Anais, thanks for that little history lesson lol. I have heard of Phi as well, the first I had ever read about it was in the novel the Da vinci code, but I wasn’t aware that it could be related to hair as well…interesting.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 9:15pm
I think it's also approximately equal to the inverse of the natural log, in mathematical notation.  1/e = .368 and 1 - 1/e = .632. 

Longest hair I've ever seen was about 8" past floor-length and still very thick at the ends.  Simply amazing.

Having very long hair myself, it's something you truly grow into.  When it was shorter, I never thought I'd be able to deal with having hair this long.  But as it grew, I kind of "figured it out."
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 9:49am
This hasn't really got anything to do with the topic but does there come a point where you can no longer comb/look after your hair by yourself?

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by LadyFrog LadyFrog wrote:

This hasn't really got anything to do with the topic but does there come a point where you can no longer comb/look after your hair by yourself?

No.

I used to think so.  I wondered how people with hair (longer than fingertip length) cared for their hair.  But as I passed that length, I kind of "figured it out."  I hold the comb in my right hand, and use the left hand to "lift" or "push" the section being combed away from my side.  When it got even longer, I started to grab it with my fist.

For those who think they might want to let their hair grow ultra-long, I would suggest that they not consider this an insurmountable issue.  It is actually quite easy to detangle my hair (so long as I haven't foolishly allowed it to get snarled or knotted).

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 6:34pm

I think the other possibility is "scarfing" your hair and then detangling the out-of-reach parts, or to wrap it around your non-comb hand.

Thanks for the reassurance, Dave

my LJ, 40 inches long
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 10:07am
Anais, very interesting that you were able to apply the Golden Ratio to
hair length. I am not very good at math, however I am very artistic, and
things like balance and proportion are very important to me. This is one
of the main reasons I am growing my hair out. I am aiming for waist
length.... about another 15" (a ways to go!)
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 12:42pm
Thanks Dave!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 2:22pm

I saw loads of women with hair at waist-length or longer today which was weird. Also alot of guys with hair past their mid-back.

LadyFrog: How long are you growing your's?

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 4:19pm
I don't really know. I'd quite like to know what it looks like at classic I suppose which is only a few years away but I'm not specifically growing to a goal. I don't want it super long though.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 4:52pm
Hellfrozeover, your avatar is so gorgeous
my LJ, 40 inches long
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Hellfrozeover, your avatar is so gorgeous

Thankyou. I went on a hairtoy spree (because your site told me to)!

I love your new av too! Your bun looks huuge! I can't wait to be able to do that.

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 9:47am
Woah!  on the new avatars from HFO and Anais   and

The ratios I mentioned based on the mathemtical natural logarithm, 0.368 and 0.632 (or the similar Phi ratios mentioned by Anais) correspond (in this context!) with hair that is waist-length and classic-length, respectively.

(Although "me" length hair is appealing, as well... )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 12:27am

Go for it Dave, you're quite close to "me-length" ... er.. "you-length"

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 3:51pm
I am growing for it, Anais.   It remains to be seen if it'll happen.  Fellow strivers welcome to the "club"... anybody else interested? 
shelby24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelby24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 2:32pm

Last year I was in totonto and i saw a women about 30 years old.

She had gorgeous blonde hair to her ankles.

It was mesmerizing.

I chatted with her for a few minutes and told her how lovely her hair was.

shelby24
MsSerenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSerenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 9:37pm
 I'm with you, Dave. My hair is waist length now, but I want to hit my ankles. The woman I am named for had ankle lemgth hair for life, and  I hope to make that at some point.
As fate would have it, my business is all about you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic