Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

longest hair I have seen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: longest hair I have seen
    Posted: December 05 2005 at 5:16pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to share something. The longest hair I have ever really seen is on my cousin. She had hair almost all the way to her ankles!!! She was about 26 had never cut her hair, and her hair was the type that grew rather fast. One day she decided to get it cut out of the blue. So we went to the hair dresser and they took her braid and just chopped it off!!!! They cut her hair just below her ears!!! She kept her braid but it was painful to watch lol.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 5:37pm
Wow!! How long is her hair now? Did she grow it back again? Ankle length hair....woah! Thanks for sharing

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 9:46pm
No she didnt grow it back rini, she has it above the shoulders at the moment she doesn't think she will grow it that long ever again too much work. But it was rather amazing.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 9:48pm
I wonder why she went from ultra long to really short.  She did not want to go short gradually? Like cut it to waist length, then BSL, then go shorter from there.  Oh well......that's just really interesting

juri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 10:24pm
Wow, that's a major transition! I don't think I could cut off that much hair in one go.

A few months ago I saw a woman who probably had ankle (or at least calf) length hair. It was hard to tell exactly because her hair was in a ponytail and the rest of it was braided, but the braid almost reached her knees.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 7:04am
The longest hair I ever saw was on my friend in elementary school (when we were 12).  It reached her knees then, and she had agreed to follow a tradition when she was 4 years old not to cut her hair until she was 18 (just in case she would, her parents didn't cut her hair before age 4 either).  I saw her again once after that when we were maybe 14 or 15, but I didn't see the length of her hair at that time because she didn't want to take it down and show me, she said it was too much work to put it back up (I don't blame her of course, I thought it would be neat to see it, but thats not why I went to visit so I didn't care. And she was probably sick of it by then too).  It was neat hair I have to say, what I remember when I was 12.  It was black at the top couple of feet, then dark brown, then tapered to red ends with the very last inch blonde.  She always got tons of oooos and aaaahs the rare times she wore it down. 

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 7:28am
I used to work at a day care center, teaching kindergarten, where I had a
boy in my class named Austin. Being half Japanese, his parents decided to
embrace the tradtion of not cutting his hair at all. What resulted was
similar to what Susan described about her friend in elementary school, he
had black hair at the roots, which got lighter brown and finally blonde at
the very end. He wore it in a ponytail most of the time, it reached about
to his tailbone. He was totally addorible!
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 9:34am
Ahhhh, sweet! The longest hair I've seen is on some of my asian friends when I went to a wedding and a lot of them had hair in between their bum and their knees. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 10:17am
Sounds great everyone, I don't see a lot of super long
hair much. Once at Disney world I saw a lady with hair
past her knees that was pretty cool.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 12:38pm

Wow everyone those are some pretty cool stories about long hair.
Rini: I’m not sure why she didn’t gradually shorten her hair but it was a lot of work for her. It took a lot of shampoo, she had to get help combing it and it was very heavy, bad for the neck. Styling it was also very difficult. I use to help her braid it, I started off standing close to her and then backing further and further and further away lol. It looked very nice but it definitely had its disadvantages as well. I want my hair long but I don’t think I could handle it that long it would be too impractical for me.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 4:57pm
I agree, I don't want ultra long hair either. I would be quite happy with waist length actually

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 7:03am
I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle it that long either.  It takes a special person to be so patient! I'm trying for thigh length to see what its like, then if I can't handle it I will go a little shorter.  I'd really like to keep  it thigh length, but at least I don't think I'll ever go shorter than tailbone length again.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 11:11am
I think the longer you go, the longer you feel you can go. My hair is waist and now that doesn't feel so long so I want to go longer but if you'd asked me when my hair was elbows I would have said that waist was REALLY long and I would never go beyond that. So there you are.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 2:48pm
Are the different hair lengths shoulders, shoulder blades, bra strap, elbows, waist, hip, tailbone, thigh, knee, ankes? Also, what is classic length? Sorry to be so uninformed
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 3:31pm
Classic length is when it reaches your fingertips
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 9:34am
no, fingertip length is when it reaches your fingertips. Classic is just below your bum. Yeah, those are basically the lengths but add in golden ratio (about mid thigh-so called because it's about 2/3 of the body or something)

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 11:04am
Thanks LadyFrog! Hope you have a fab day.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 11:12am
it's afternoon/evening now...
Pleased to be of help.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 11:16am

I would be happy with my old hair back!

Ankle length sounds like A LOT of work, but cool in a kooky way.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 9:19pm

A few years ago I did some extensive study on phi. Classic length is what evolved from Golden Ratio (called phi, or 1.618..... or .618.... they are both reciprocal, irrational numbers)

Golden Ratio, or phi, is supposed to be the most attractive proportion. It's also manifested (vaguely) as the "Rule of Thirds", where ideally the focal point of an art piece or a photo should be on the first or last third of a space to have it "look good".

The calculation is [the square root of five, plus or minus one] the quantity divided by two.

Golden Ratio is actually about fingertip length, and the inverse of the Golden length is actually about waist length. This is why both waist and classic are "theoretically" the most attractive lengths for long hair. I think the practice of having fingertip length eventually evolved into classic length because classic length is the borderline between what you can and cannot comb by yourself. Not that people in ancient days didn't have hair minions!!!

I hope this explains some.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic