Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

XTENDMAGIC!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XTREME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTREME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XTENDMAGIC!!!
    Posted: December 07 2005 at 1:11pm

Good day Ladies!  I am new here. I am french, not from France but from Canada, so be nice with me about my english!!!!  I have the extendmagic system, I would love to know how you like it? Is the longevity good? Have you made correction (with the tip) for people who are loosing their hair?

Have you tried different things? I have been reading all your topics and it ends fast. No more information... 

Please get back to me!

Tourelou

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 6:51pm

Hi,

I have been using it for a few months now, and I can say I am not thrilled with it.  The machine is bulky and it's hard to get it close enough to the head when applying extensions.

I find you have to put 2 coats of glue on the hair or else it shed badly very quickly.  It's too time consuming.

I have not tried doing the individual strands to cover bald spots.  I think it would take way too long, and again, I'd be concerned about the extensions shedding.

It's ok, but not the best method, in my opinion.

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 4:30am

I totally agree with Metal on this one, the machine is no good for installing hair cut straight off the weft.  8 weeks ago I used this machine to do this on Leelou, she has experienced massive shedding and lost bonds. 

I also installed this on my own head but I prebonded first.  I have had no shedding at all, its the comfyest method I've worn, I've not lost one bond in eight weeks and had no matting or anything and the bonds are unaffected.

This machine is the bomb when used like this but crap if using hair cut from the weft.  I will just pre-bond to use for my clients and nothing else which is not what I bought the machine for but in my opinion it will save me time in the long run because a client will have zero shedding aka no complaints and they will lose no bonds at all so I won't have them coming back to have anything done between install and three months x

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
XTREME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTREME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 4:17pm

Thank you girls but I have one thing on my mind.  Since it is the MOST comfortable thing why don't you trick by it even if it takes a little more time??? You just have to sell it for more money when you install them...

I have caculated and if I buy hair, if I include the tape cartridge, the hair I am going to install will cost me around .80$ if I go twice.... It is kind of cheap! Usually (here) if you take prebonded hair it cost us (canada) 4.50 a piece... that is a difference.

I have install 150 extension on my hair with the machine, And honestly like you said it is REALLY comfortable. And I tried some correction with the tip... WOW you would be amazed. I takes a more time but for a person that is kind of bald WOW!

Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 6:28pm
Thanks for the updates on the machine girls!! I have been
debating if I should get one or not.
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 10:55pm

the clients whom I tested EM with hair cut from the weft, their hair is stayed in for 8-12 weeks.  I coat every single strand of hair with the glue for better adhesion. 

Shampooing 3x with a clarifying and avoiding conditioner on the roots helps keep the integrity of the bonds- which are softest in comparison to the others I've tried.

I have not try reusing the hair yet, since I was on an "EM 3 month vacation", my machine did stop as predicted.  Thankfully, I received a new one in exchange for the old! 

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 4:29am
You might want to try the adhesive from www.haircompounds.com It sounds alot like the adhesive in extend magic. The problem I had was the same to . You need more adhesive than they state. I used the chips that they sell. They are so small I feel it just wasnt enough. I may try the beads and melting pot instead because then I could use as much as I want. They have pre tiped hair which Tangles is trying out.  The bond is softer as you guys have described the EM to be. I was interested in HC because of the remover. Turned out to be awfull!!! However I found that I could remove it with flat iron then use Amms remover. This worked much better (smelled better to). Just a thought because this is cheeper than the machine and the bond sounds the same. I would love to have one of you who have EM compare the two.
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 10:09am
somebody metioned in my other forum that she tried using Extensions Plus hair softwear and they held up excellent for her.  Just tells you how much glue is needed for EM.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 11:13am

I have a few clients who are doing ok with EM.

On those clients I used stick hair and double coated each strand.  The average application time was around 8 hours for a 200 piece head.  If I did that same 200 pieces with shrinks or metal tubes, it would take me about 4-5 hours, including cut and style.

The time it takes to double coat the hair with EM is just unacceptable and I am not going to charge more money because it's not the client's fault the process takes so much longer.

XTREME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTREME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 1:13pm

I understand what you mean but it it MORE comfortable than any other method. I really think you could charge a little more for that matter. Even your customers will agree if you let them know!

I prefer being comfortable for 4 months and stay at the salon for 2 hours more than usual rather than getting the thing quick and be on pain killers ...

Dont you think??? 

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 11:59pm

Wow, your head must be sensitive!

It's not often that I have anyone complain about their head hurting from shrink links.  I wore them too and it didn't hurt me either.

I do think the EM glue is soft though, so for the ultra sensitive, than it sounds like the perfect solution.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic