Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WILL THE SALON MAKE MY HAIR ORANGE?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizzy19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WILL THE SALON MAKE MY HAIR ORANGE?
    Posted: December 10 2005 at 3:50am

They put a colour stripper on a strand of my hair

& it turned bright orange

but they said that they would put a tint on it to make it blonder

i dont see how they can make it blonder though, because wouldnt blonde be lighter?

& do you think that a "tint" is permanent or not??

any help would be greatly appreciated!

x

i dont want no dam signature
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 11:48am

If the salon uses a colour stripper make sure they use colorfix, it's the most gentle one out there.  Also, to make your hair lighter, the best next step after colorfix would be to BLEACH out the hair to a pale yellow, then tone with the appropriate toner to get the desired shade of blonde. 

I wouldn't let them put a "tint" (which are permanent most likely) on your colorfixed hair, make them bleach and tone.  If they are unwilling, move on and find a colorist who wants to listen to what you want and then do what you want, or you'll be dissatisfied with your hair, and you hair may be damaged to the frizzy point. 

Good luck!

FunnyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 12:02pm
I agree, if the blonde you want is lighter than your current (stripped) hair color, they will most likely have to bleach your hair first to then get your hair to the color you want.  If all they suggest is to strip the color and then dye it, your hair will most likely turn a shade of orange.  It's possible that they use a higher volume oxidizer, but I don't know if that works for previously dyed hair.  Just to be safe though, consult a couple of other salons and see what they suggest.
¤·· Fµnn¥ Gïr£ ··¤
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic