Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have an appointment to have my hair cut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AnaJ152 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaJ152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have an appointment to have my hair cut
    Posted: December 10 2005 at 10:22am
I set up an appointment to cut my hair on Tuesday.  I'm going to cut this old perm out.  So I'll probably cut it to BSL.  It shouldn't take it long to grow back out.  I'm so tired of dealing with the fuzzie ends.  It should still be long enough to play with.  Everyone wish me luck.  I'll see if I can get some pics taken after it is done.  And hopefully in a few months it'll be a bit longer.
To live would be an awfully big adventure.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 12:14pm

Good luck! Be sure to show your stylist exactly what you want: use inches, use hand motions, use ASL and semaphore!  Looking forward to your return.

Welcome to HB,
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 1:44pm
I agree with Anais, make sure they know what you want. Hairdressers can be abit cutting mad sometimes... Good luck, i hope you get what you want
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 7:17pm
good luck tell us how it turns out
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 11:58am
I'm going to be having a hair cut too soon... Hopefully just an inch...
Good luck.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 2:55am
How long is your hair now, Ana?
AnaJ152 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaJ152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 11:51am
It is about two inchs above the top of my jeans.  Its starting to look a little ragged so I figured now would be a good time to get the old perm cut out.  My cousin is getting married in March and I think it will at least be out to my elbows by then.  Maybe a little shorter.  I think I'm going to have the stylist do a blunt cut.  I like the way it looks on me.

Edited by AnaJ152
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 9:57pm
Welcome, and Good luck, Ana!  Trim less than you've been planning tomorrow... you can always trim more later.  Let us know how the trim turns out.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 3:42pm
 Well, late to the thread, but I hope it went well Ana, and that maybe you chose a trim less dramatic. Best, Bob
AnaJ152 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaJ152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 6:17pm

Hi guys I went ahead and cut quite a bit of length off.  Now my hair is about two or three inches below my shoulders.  But it is all nice healthy hair.  Once I was out of the chair and looked at the floor I couldn't believe the damage I was carrying around.  My hair looks so much healthier.  And I love the cut.  It looks a bit like this.  http://gallery.hairboutique.com/details.asp?ID=3772  Check out the link for a pic.  Off course that isn't me and my part is in the middle and my stylist put long layers in the back.  I'll try and have a relative take a face shot and a back shot so you all can see what I've done.  All in all I'm relativly pleased with the cut.  My stylist was very nice and listened to all I had to say.   I may keep it this length for a while and then start growing again.  Because each time I cut my hair I gain a new appriecation for my long hair.  Hope I can still lurk because I think this is one of the best hair boards around. 

Anna

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 6:57pm

Please don't lurk! You're welcome no matter your hair length. I am glad to hear that you're happy with your cut!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Please don't lurk! You're welcome no matter your hair length. I am glad to hear that you're happy with your cut!

Anais

Yah, what she said.

You are welcome to participate here, no matter what your hair length...
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 9:21pm
Good job, Ana, for doing what you wanted with your hair. It sounds great, and still quite long I might add (compared to us shoulder-haired folks)!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 12:56pm
As long as you continue to love long hair, even if you do not choose it for yourself, you are welcome, Ana.  Best, Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic