Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Year’s hair resolutions 2006

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 9:14pm

1) Not to visit a hair salon at all throughtout 2006.

2) Not to dye at all, that means letting my hair grow out now with the dye that it has in it, and just to bear those roots that are going to show up.

3) Eat healthy and get more excerise in, maybe take up yoga or pilates, and drink more water.

Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 7:10pm

Hello Everyone,

I couldn't resist posting on this particuliar topic. I also have made New Year 2006 hair resolutions.

#1 - NO more hair dyes....NOT even semi's!!!! I have found that when my hair is artifically colored it feel's alot dryer, sticky, and unatural not to mention my scalp also pays the price. I now have slight streaks of really attractive silver running through my hair and I can live with that. I'am actually getting compliments from everyone and being asked to leave it the way it is. I have found that age dosen't matter unless your a fine cheese or expensive wine!

#2 - NO dramatic hair cuts!!!! I'am due for a trim of about an inch or an inch and a half. It has been almost 2 year's since I have had a trim so with that exception....my hair will see no scissors!

#3 - More hair styles!!!! Growing out a GI Jane really left me with no choice of hair styles but now I can actually braid my hair down my back. I love to sport different hair styles, I think it makes the process of growing hair long more interesting.

#4 - Work out frustrations!!!! I have come to find that a hair cut or new hair color really won't change a problem.

#5 - Get a hobby!!!! I just bought a beautiful 2005 filly "Two Shy Tazzy" barn name "Papoose". You can see her in my new avatar. I'am sure that she will keep me so busy that I won't have time to think about doing anything negative to my hair. Once she is started under saddle and comfortable, I promise that I will FINALLY post a pic of myself riding her.

Happy 2006 New Year! I hope that each and everyone of you will reach your hair goals  

Edited by LongBraidz
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 6:28am
I am going to grow my hair like crazy and only get teeny trims, because I need to have long hair again to be a bridesmaid!
Katharine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katharine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 7:30pm

My 2006 hair resolutions are:
To keep doing what I am doing. (Everything I learned from this forum!)

1) Stay out of salons
2) Have husband trim ends as needed
3) Continue using henna and indigo for beautiful and "natural" hair color
4) Condition, wash/condition, condition as needed
5) Eat healthy, exercise, rest, drink plenty of water, take vitamins
6) Continue growing out bangs- resist all urges to cut them
7) Continue tracking my hair growth progress with photos
8) Grow to maximum attractive length (I don't know what this will be with my fine but thick hair- hopefully at least midback)
9)Come to forum for support when needed

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 3:32am
Your hair is lovely, Katherine!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 8:49pm

I agree, especially all that shine and color!

my LJ, 40 inches long
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 7:02am
I'll add my compliments as well, Katharine.  Your hair looks fabulous!

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 1:21pm

A number of resolutions, many of which center around taking better care of myself.

1.  I realise it sounds cliche, but I am about to start a diet.  My boyfriend wants to do one seriously, and with both of us on the same page, I think it will be easier for me.  I have been psyching myself up to this for a couple of months (no diet works for me (even if I follow it) unless my brain is convinced).

2.  In hand with the diet is the resolve to take better care of myself and to be kind to myself.  I need to try and get at least 6 hours of sleep at night (am bad about getting around four).  Need to increase what exercise I do.  And I need to better my appearance.  Have sort of lost being a girly-girl, if you know what I mean.  I dress okay for work, but elsewhere, it is lacking.  Was at a hockey game the other night, and I noticed a large percentage of women of all ages took the trouble of dressing nicely and looking good.  I mean, I had make-up on, and my hair looked okay, and I had a nice coat, but my standard outfit for hockey is a loose t-shirt, worn jeans and old sneakers.  So this area needs improvement.  Going through life looking like a shopper at Walmart is not a good idea.

Related to physical well-being is mental well being.  Finally got back to what I love - painting, and wioll continue to do so.  Need to figure out how to work swimming back in - I love to swim.

3.  With hair care, I resolve the following:

a.  Although I do color (root touch-up when necessary), I will not fall into the 'lets get some highlights' temptation.

b.  I will continue to ignore passing hair fads (the recent re-popularity of long layers has briefly tempted me).

c.  Through the help of this forum, I am continuing to try and take better care of my hair.  I found a lovely wide-toothed wet hair comb that feels great on the scalp and I will now also let my hair dry without combing or brushing to encourage the natural curl.  Am still bad about not thoroughly checking for split ends, so I need to work on that.  Might also try the sock-rolling thing.

4.  I  now have a digital camera, and I just might post a hair pic here.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 5:13pm

Yes Katharine, your hair is lovely....I can tell you are a Henna user

tdouty....Jennifer's hair is looking so beautiful!  That end trim is really working for her.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 6:54am
Thanks, missrini.  I'll pass on your compliments.  I do like the look of henna colored hair.  Your hair is looking fantastic and I've seen other people here who use henna and I really like the color.  Jennifer told me that she used henna at one time too, but her hair is her natural color now.
sorun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 6:38pm
Seems like a joyfull thread. Can I join too?

In the new year 2006
I plan to continue my growing without getting a cut or trim
I plan to find more styles to wear my hair up comfortably and still look cool
I plan to detangle very slowly and patiently
I plan to not focus on my envy for others but on my hair and what it needs
I plan to keep loving my hair

Hair type: 2cM/Ciii
Length: thighes
Growing as far as it goes...
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 8:27pm

Sorun, I can't possibly imagine you having any hair envy!  Your hair is so stunning

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
sorun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 9:18pm
missrini thank you but I'M just a human beeing and why can't you imagine me wanting your lovely waves and curls I could envy anything like texture ,thickness, shine, length(well especially!) 

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 7:01am
Is there any chance we can see a pic of your hair down, Sorun?  It looks incredibly healthy.
sorun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 7:42am
tdouty since you asked  nicely I could just post  smaller  pics though  I've had them stollen without my will before and I don't want it to happen again:) It's probably not that healthy like yours(editted to add:  sorry I've just seen your post on the other thread I mean like your girlfriends )  just the camera plays games cause I haven't been trimming or cutting since 4-5 years 
First an old texture shot second the soon length almost mid-thigh now. Both unbrushed as I look like a puffy mess otherwise

...photos removed...

Edited by sorun

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 8:29am
WOW!  Incredible!  It looks like your hair is thick all the way to the ends!  You must take great care of it.  We could start a new thread by itself just to talk about how you care for it.  I know it's getting off-topic, but how often do you cleanse it and do you use shampoo or just conditioner?  Thanks for sharing your pictures.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 2:07pm
 Sorun your hair is gorgeous.I love the rippling waves.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 2:45pm
Wow! That's pwiddy!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
sorun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 3:02pm
thanks tdouty, longhairdreams and Ladyfrog 
tdouty, I'd be sharing my routine some time it'd just be off topic here

Katharine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katharine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 5:56pm

Hi Everyone,

I think each and every one of you have great hair.  Anais, I have admired yours for months and I really like your website.
I'm frustrated with mine, but I have seen a huge improvement since I started learning about long hair care from this forum and other websites.

Thanks for the compliments and sorry if this is off topic!

Edited by Katharine
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic