Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Year’s hair resolutions 2006

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2006 at 12:56pm

Thank you Katharine  That's sweet of you.

Speaking of routines, I'm curious about everyone's new routines now (after the New Year's resolutions and all. We need a new Routines thread!)

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
prettybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 10:06am
I have a few

xLess heat styling. I'm horrible for that.  I can wear it wavy sometimes!
xLearn how to do a new hairstyle.
xGet a trim. My poor hair needs it.
xGet a new job. (I work in "fast" food, so I have to put it up every day. It's bad for my hair)
xBe better for deep conditioning. Especially since I dye my hair.

This is a great thread, by the way!

Edited by prettybaby
[IMG]http://www.sherimoonzombie.net/site/media/gifs/sherimoonzombie-babysmile.gif" />

CURRENT HAIR: blonde =) straight, under a tiara!
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 9:05am

Hi!

First of all, Please someone tell me what S&D refers to? I haven't a clue.

As far as my new Year's Hair Resolutions, I decided to;

slightly trim my hair,

Continue to use professional hair products, especially Aveda,

To use scalp massage methods,

To allow my hair to grow out from a Bob cut to my shoulders,

To continue to not blow dry my hair,

also not to use any hair spray,especially with Alcohol(which dries out my hair,

And finally, continue wearing hats that are fun and protect my hair from sun, and wind all seasons long, unless i spray a SPF leave in conditioner!

There I'm done, can I go and dance now?! LOL!!!

Bye, and God Bless!

Katie ;)
Anne-Loes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne-Loes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 2:38pm

Hi everyone,

I think you all have great hair My 2006 resolution is to keep my hair as long as I have it now and I may let it grow a bit longer. I want to stay happy with my long hair as long as possible!

Anne-Loes
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 3:08pm
Gunnie71 .... S&D stands for Search & Destroy, which as you may know refers to killing off of split ends with a sharp pair of scissors ... one at a time.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 2:33pm
Well, we're 3 months into the new year... how is everyone doing with regard to their resolutions?

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 4:36pm

1. No semi dye - I hennaed but that doesn't really count

2. No straightening - ONCE but i was gentle and only glided over it and didn't let it heat up.

3. No blowdrying - Only when there was risk of my hair freezing up.

4. Try to embrace my natural without ending up wet-combing them out - I did this one.

5. Regular trims - Once a month.

6. Get to elbow-length - Hmm...Not sure if this'll happen this year. Still time.

7. Grow the bangs from hell back to my collarbone or more - I'm growing them to jaw length and keeping them there. I need them.

8. Cut EVERY split end I see off. - I have ALOT of hair and since stopping washing it every day, I don't really get splits that are too terrible so I just cut the bad ones and trim the ends.

All in all I've done quite badly!

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 4:05am
Originally posted by LadyFrog LadyFrog wrote:

I don't usually make resolutions but if I was, these would probably be it;
  • get a trim of 1 inch
  • do more S&D
  • comb more gently
  • learn how to do a new upstyle

Please make this a sticky

Well, I got a trim of 1 inch, I did quite a lot of S & D although I´ve slacked off now, I´m back to combing a bit more roughly and I´ve learnt how o do a handful of new upstyles. So a success!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 6:27am

I really Searched and destroyed!! I cut off 2 inches off the bottom. Now I've got a angle, trying for an inverted Bob syle.

So now, I want pink highlights. Still debating if I should,.. Hmmm,..

God Bless,...
Katie
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 2:56am
Well my whole resolution thing is different now I'm curly again. I had to lose some length because of damage due to straightening it. My aim is waist-length and still curly, though I won't achieve that this year obviously.

So now I want to stay curly and just let it grow....as long as possible. The trouble is the longer it gets the more curly it gets , so it doesn't look like it's grown.

My new hair-care routine is to double condition when I wash it....I tried a leave-in conditioner, didn't like the feel of it, so I condition my hair twice now. And I only very occassionally use any heat on it, I let it dry naturally and I don't exactly need to use any styling products to get more curls . When you model, the stylists can wreck your hair for you if you're not careful, so I'm very bossy with them about what I will let them do

Edited by redhairedgirl
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 3:15am

Hey Sarah,

I'd be Bossy with those stylists too, if i were You too.

I mean It's your hair not theres!!!!

Personally I would hate to be a model, all that hair and makeup, I don't have the patience for it.

But, ask me to enter a marathon, or dance contest, and I'm there!

God Bless,...
Katie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 6:52am
Oooh I did a marathon last year! It was my first one and I came 132nd . Don't enter dance competitions because I'm a pro dancer.

Part and parcel of modelling is having your hair and make-up done exactly how you wouldn't do it yourself, I still try to have more imput these days though and not let them dry my hair to death or smother it any every known styling product all at the same time.

I'm going to try henna this next weekend...MissRini suggested it so I'll give it a go and see if i can brighten up my colour a bit. Natural redhead who's actually dying her hair red...hmmmm....some sort of irony there I think

Edited by redhairedgirl
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 7:10am

I remember my Twin Sister Barb using Henna on her long Naturally red locks, back in 1999.

Frankly, Our "Natural" medium copper looks better. The Henna, looked fake, and too bright, mayb for Barb(and me too). I guess it depends on skin tone too.

Katie

God Bless,...
Katie
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 7:14pm
Dayum... model, dancer, marathoner... is there anything you can't do, SJ? 

IMHO your red color is already perfect.  Can perfect be improved upon....? 

Edited by DaveDecker
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 5:36am
Good on ya SJ!!!! You give me a hoy when it's all done OK mate?

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 6:30pm

Hm... 4 months into the year, I've done some but not all, and there aren't many to begin with.

- Reach a length that "looks tailbone" not IS tailbone... so about almost-classic.  And some of it should probably be trimmed off for all that inevitable combing damage. (I find that combing causes damage too, causing "stressed" hairs that have been stretched too hard but not snapped) Haven't reached 'looks tailbone' yet, and haven't trimmed yet either.
- Pick up my green tea habit again - green tea is supposed to be good for hair! Have been drinking green tea almost every day
- Be happier with my length and not get hair anorexia, be happy with my thickness, especially as my hair gets longer and more difficult to work with. yeah right
- Learn how to do Leia's Swirly Bun invented Orchid bun

Looking forward to reading everyone's.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

Hmm.....well I have one main resolution:

NEVER visit another hairdressing salon in my life.  That entails doing my own trims and colours (henna of course!).

Other resolutions:

• Endeavour to learn more about natural hair care (herbs, etc.)
  • Get the most length I can in one year...ie no trimming in 2006
  • Start a hair journal

• Well, still haven't visited a hair salon and am still henna-ing every 3 weeks....hair is still loving it
  • The learning journey continues for me. I am in the process of obtaining some new herbs to try.
  • Still have not trimmed at all (although have come close!!)
  • Haven't started a journal yet  I keep meaning to, but I think I would bore people to death!  I kind of have a "journal in my head" which bores even me!!

So I think I'm doing OK so far.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 3:24am
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Dayum... model, dancer, marathoner... is there anything you can't do, SJ? 

IMHO your red color is already perfect.  Can perfect be improved upon....? 

Math...I can't do that. Lets see 2 + 2 = 7..right?

You've made me wonder now whether I should go ahead with henna.....thanks Dave
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 5:23am

I ignore certain posts.

I could say a name, but I think that person knows.

God Bless,...
Katie
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 5:30am

?????????? ???????????? Did I just miss something?

Anyway.....Sarah, not that I would ever want to discourage anyone from trying henna......but what are your reasons for wanting to use henna? It doesn't have to be just for the colour....henna has amazing conditioning benefits too.  If you do not want to affect your colour too much, then use a henna gloss.  If you don't want to affect your colour at all, then use Cassia or Amla.  Personally, I think a gloss would add a beautiful copper vibrance for you   Don't be afraid either way (and certainly don't feel pressured!).  I'm here to help if you need it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic